Iceland Bike Tour
Discover the beauty of Iceland!
Colorful mountains, lava fields, rafting rivers, glistening glaciers, lush farmlands, barren deserts, hot springs, volcanoes and bubbling geysers will unfold as you sightsee through breathtaking Iceland. Witness exotic birds and shimmering whales, take a hike to the summit of Iceland's most active volcano, horseback ride to the caves of Heidmörk, or take a dip in its world-famous geothermal Blue Lagoon. These activities and many more are available in a 1- or 2-day trip (or longer) with no added cost to your airfare when including airfare with a tour.
Generally easy as the tours are meant for beginners, although it depends on your chosen activity. For instance, hiking would involve traveling over rough surfaces, including moraines and lava fields as there are few proper hiking paths. All specialist equipment is included for all the tours we offer, thus it is only required that you bring yourself and an adventurous attitude.
Where You’ll Stay
Hotel accommodations can be arranged within the center of Reykjavík or (for a cheaper option) 10- or 20-min. outside the city center, such as in Guesthouse Borgartún.
- This varies per tour. Most tours include:
- Transfer to/from airport-hotel
- Transfer to/from hotel-tour site
- At least one overnight stay with breakfast included
- All necessary specialist equipment
- Tour guide
A unique opportunity presents itself on your way to or from Europe with no additional charge to your airfare, namely a Hot Stop in Iceland*. Iceland is the second-largest island in Europe. It lies close to the Arctic Circle, midway between New York and Moscow. To the right of Iceland is Greenland and North America and to the left is Europe. Spend up to seven extra nights in Iceland en route to or from Europe to experience some of the magnificent beauty and many natural phenomena offered by this Land of the Midnight Sun. Numerous activities are available specifically designed for the "hot stop" traveler. These activities are listed below and you can click on their hyperlinks to read more specific information about each:
- The classic Golden Circle
- The world-famous Blue Lagoon
- City tour of Reykjavík
- Blue Lagoon & Keflavík Airport - with afternoon drop-off at airport
- Blue Lagoon & Gullfoss & Geysir tour
- Golden Circle Classic & the Capital
- Gullfoss & Geysir Express
- The Viking Horse, Gullfoss & Geysir
- Keflavík Airport - Blue Lagoon - Reykjavík
- Blue Lagoon & Reykjanes - including optional drop-off at airport
- Horseback Riding & the Blue Lagoon - including optional drop-off at airport
- Horseback Riding tours
- Horseback Riding & Whale-watching
- Snæfellsnes Breiðafjörður Cruise
- Iceland from Below
- Landmannalaugar & Mount Hekla
- Golden Circle & Landmannalaugar - 2 days
- Landmannalaugar Super Jeep tour - 2 days
- Þorsmork & the South Coast - the Valley between the Glaciers
- Snæfellsjökull Volcano
- Northern Lights Mystery
The Golden Circle Tour, for instance, is the most popular of all the Iceland tours. You'll get to visit Gullfoss, the Queen of Iceland's waterfalls, as well as the geothermal region of Geysir with its spouting hot springs and don't miss the over 14 million puffins! These birds are renowned for their peculiar look and colorful beaks. They nest on the islands (esp. the Westman Islands) and cliffs along the shores of Iceland, and can live up to 30 years.
We also offer 1-week and 2-week long tours:
Some of the day tours listed above can also be done in private cars or jeeps accompanied by a guide. Some tours may not run due to extreme weather conditions, insufficient number of participants and/or other reasons.
To view larger maps of Iceland, please click here.
* Trips with Icelandair airfare included make a brief stopover both to and from Europe, therefore there are no added airfare costs when extended your stay in Iceland. Additional details on how we arrange airfare with our tours can be found on this page.