Comfort Plus Class Boat
The Sailing Home is a Comfort Plus class ships. Therefore in addition to the services available on the other category of ships, the Sailing Home also has:
- Air-conditioning in all cabins
- 13 cabins total, maximum of 26 passengers
- Twin beds in all cabins (can be pushed together to make a double bed)
- A separate bar/saloon
- Daily maid service for cabin cleaning
- Spacious cabins
- Safe for valuables available in each cabin
- Hearty breakfast buffets
- Fully equipped private bathrooms
- Excellent 3-course dinners
- Well-equipped private shower/toilet in each cabin
- A large sundeck separate from the bicycle deck with deck chairs and an awning
- Helmets available on board
- A large and comfortable dining room
- A knowledgeable tour guide and crew members on board
- WiFi available on board (limited amount of free data per guest with the ability to purchase additional data)
Built in 2001, the Sailing Home was designed specifically to provide a more attractive hotel ship during your carefree vacation. It was built to meet the latest wishes and ideas with respect to comfort and service. The experience of a lifetime: cycling through the most beautiful spots within the Netherlands while residing on a very comfortable, newly built and well-furnished ship.
Providing good, personal service is a high priority on this ship. You can rely on excellent care and service. Daily, you'll be offered an extensive breakfast buffet, a packed lunch for on the way and a 3-course dinner in the evening on board. We only use the freshest of ingredients in our meals, and equally important is our good wine list.
Special dietary needs may be subject to a supplement of €50 depending on request.
The Sailing Home also offers spacious and tastefully furnished cabins with double beds (all low beds - no bunk beds) and a well-equipped bathroom with a shower and toilet. There are also cabins that are adjoining (meaning there is a door connecting them), which is perfect for parents with children. The cabins each have a good ventilation system that provides both heating and cooling. In addition, a maid cleans your cabin each and every day. Each cabin also has three windows or large portholes, so you will have a good view overlooking the passing landscape. After all, we think staying in the cabin itself should be a pleasant experience.
On the upper deck, there is a spacious dining room and a pleasant saloon with an inviting bar. From this deck, you'll be afforded an excellent view of your ever-changing surroundings, and when the weather is good, the doors of the saloon will be opened. Furthermore, the captain and his crew are sure to invite you up to the bridge during the cruise so that you'll be able to get a good impression of the sailing operations and enjoy the wheelhouse's fantastic view of the canals, rivers and lakes.
- Ship size: length of 45 meters, width of 6.53 meters
- Cabin size: 3.95 x 2.75 meters, height of 2.25 meters
- Cabins contain twin beds (no bunk beds) that can be placed side by side
* The use of the Sailing Home for the dates and tours listed is subject to change. The Sailing Home ship can also be chartered, please contact us for more details.
Please keep in mind that though this ship is quite luxurious, it is designed primarily for people seeking active vacations as well as cozy accommodations, as opposed to passive entertainment and excessive luxury. Room service, for instance, is not available. All the ships meet the strict requirements of the Netherlands Shipping Inspectorate with respect to sailing expertise and safety on board.
Sailing Home Photos
tours on Sailing Home
Holland Southern Tulip Tour Netherlands On the Comfort class boats: Wending: April 8, … This Southern Tulip bike and boat tour leads through some of Holland's most popular cities but also through fields of beautiful Tulips! One highlight, among …
Amsterdam to Cologne Netherlands, Germany 2017On the Sailing Home:Amsterdam to Cologne: May … Brand new in 2015, this bike and boat tour in Holland and Germany showcases two diverse cultures. Cruising on a boat and cycling through a colorful countryside …