Comfort Class Boat
The classic MS Gandalf is a comfort class passenger ship that can accommodate 20-22 guests. Almost everything on this barge is on one level, including the comfortable salon which has scenic panoramic windows.
- 8 double cabins that are equipped with twin beds
- 2 cabins that can be made into a triple with a bunk bed
- There is one twin cabin for single use per departure.
- Mattresses used on beds are 12 cm thick.
- All cabins come with private bathroom facilities, bed linens, towels, and central heating.
- There is no airconditioning on board however, each cabin does have a fan, and the windows can be opened. The Gandalf also has a large deck, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the great views.
- All cabins have 220/230 Volt European Standard electric sockets.
- There are a few hairdyers on board that can be borrowed from reception.
- There are no safes in the individual cabins. However, the skipper has a safe if you would like anything kept there.
- Wifi available on board.
An interesting fact for those of you who prefer going green, the MS Gandalf is equipped with solar panels which provide most of the electricity needed on board.
- Brand ‘Alba’ or equivalent
- Unisex (step through) frame
- 7-speeds gear
- Hand brake
- Pannier bag
- Smaller frame bikes are Target touring bikes These bikes come in three frame sizes.
- Brand Monaco from Batavus or similar
- 7 gears
- 3 support levels
- Hand brakes
- Limited availability
Bicycle rental is optional but is included in tour price. Due to the very limited space on deck, guests can bring their own bikes (max. 6) and only with prior approval. A discount will then apply. However, the crew or tour operators are NOT responsible for any damage, loss or theft of such.
Please note, helmets are not required nor provided aboard the Gandalf. We encourage you to bring your helmet.
Special dietary needs may be subject to a supplement of €50 depending on request.
tours on Gandalf
Tulip Tour - 5 day Netherlands 2018 Comfort Plus boats: Fluvius: April 5*, April … This five day Holland bike and boat tour in peak Tulip season goes through some of the most beautiful areas of the "Garden of Amsterdam." The tulips blossoming …