Leafde fan Fryslân
Comfort Class Sailing Ship
The Leafde fan Fryslân is an imposing, three-masted barquentine, managed by its owner/operators, Joris and Rinske de Wit, who bring years of maritime experience. The ship has 13 well-appointed cabins, ten twin cabins, 1 smaller twin cabin, 1 junior suite, and 1 single cabin.
The Leafde Fan Fryslân is an imposing, three-masted barquentine, managed by its owner/operators, Joris and Rinske de Wit, who bring years of maritime experience.
In 2020, the cabin configurations will change with the addition of a junior suite and a smaller twin cabin. This page has been updated to reflect the 2020 changes.
The ship has 13 well-appointed twin cabins: Ten twin cabins (10 m² – 107 sq.ft.), one smaller twin cabin (9 m² – 96.8 sq.ft), one junior suite (12 m² – 129 sq.ft), all with two separate beds that can be put together to form a double bed, and one single cabin ((7 m² – 75 sq.ft.). A third (bunk) bed can be added in some cabins. All cabins have ventilation and heating and an en-suite bathroom with shower, basin, and toilet. A porthole can be opened in every cabin except the single cabin.
Sumptuous meals are carefully prepared in the restaurant and the ship’s full-service bar is fully stocked. The wheelhouse is equipped with a well-appointed seating area and the best views over the water are available here and on deck.
The atmosphere on board and the itinerary, navigating Lake IJsselmeer and the Frisian Sea, provide a unique bike and sail experience.
- Capacity: 25 to 27 guests
- Length: 48 meters (165 ft)
- Width: 7.2 meters (23 ft)
- Crew: 4
- Sailing surface: 760 square meters (approx. 2, 500 square ft)
- Electricity: 220V
Decks & Cabin Layout
- Cabins: 13
- 1 junior suite (12 m² – 129 sq.ft) with a small sitting area
- 10 twin cabins (10 m² – 107 sq.ft.)
- 1 smaller twin cabin (9 m² – 96.8 sq.ft)
- All twin cabins have two beds which can be pushed together to form a double
- Some twin bed cabin can be booked as triple cabin (third bed as bunk)
- 1 single cabin (86 sq.ft)
- En-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and basin in each cabin (Stocked with soap and shampoo)
- Ventilation and heating
- Portholes can be opened except in single cabin
- Hairdryer and mini safe
Boat Features & Amenities
- Cozy lounge on upper deck with large panoramic windows
- Restaurant in nautical style on lower deck
- Wifi available
- No laundry services available on board
- Sundeck and restaurant area
- Currency accepted on board: Cash (Euros) ONLY
Food & Beverages
- Special Diet Requests: We cater to Gluten, lactose, and vegetarian diets. Vegan diets are not possible. Vegetarian diets have no surcharge, other diets cost € 50- to be paid on board.
- Water on board is drinkable
- Unisex touring bikes
- 7 gears
- Hand brake and/or pedal brake and pannier bag
- E-bikes, children's bike and child seats also available prior request
- Helmet rental
The standard bicycles on board are mostly unisex touring bicycles with normal mount (ladies model), 7 gears, hand brake and/or pedal brake and pannier bag. Other bikes (e.g. E-Bikes, children’s bikes) and child seats (front or rear) are only available on these tours with prior request (by booking) and confirmation as a very limited number are available. Bike rental is optional. Guests are also allowed to bring their own bicycles (discount will apply). Please note that the space on board the sailing ship is limited. The crew or tour operator is in no way responsible for any damage, loss, or theft of such bicycles. In the Netherlands, bikers are not obligated by law to wear a bike helmet. Please bring your own - good fitting - helmet. Bike helmets are not available on board. If you pre-reserve a bike helmet (price € 10 per helmet), it can be brought on board for you.
Tours sailing on Leafde fan Fryslân — 1 to 2 of 2
Other bikes (e.g. bikes with back pedal brakes, children’s bikes, “slip streamers”, tandems, etc.) and child seats (rear) may be possible upon request and are in very limited numbers.