In 2005, the Iris was transformed from a cargo ship to a passenger ship. Her owner, Lenny Versteeg, has lovingly updated and maintained her throughout the years. The interior is fresh, tasteful, and comfortable.
The Iris is a refitted freight barge that accommodates 24 overnight passengers. This vessel can navigate on most rivers and canals in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany. On the top deck, you will find the lounge, a roomy sitting area, a cozy bar, and a sun deck. The whole barge has central heating and air-conditioning.
2023 PREMIER COLLECTION TOURS aboard the IRIS* --> See available dates here
- Capacity: 24 passengers
- Boat size: 45 x 6.6 meters
- Electricity: 220 volt & USB outlets in cabin
Decks & Cabin Layout
- Cabins: 12
- Cabin size: 7.5 m²
- Cabins all feature 2 x single low beds that can be pushed together or separated
- Cabins have large rectangular windows (don't open)
- Twin bed: 80 x 200 cm
- Queen bed: 160 x 200 cm
- Heat & air conditioning in every cabin
- Private shower (2 m²) and toilet in every cabin
- Supply of soap and shampoo
- Cabins are equipped with a safe + small key
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Basic laundry service available (no ironing). Please inquire on board.
Boat Features & Amenities
- Lounge area, bar, and sun deck
- Wi-Fi is available
- Helmets available to borrow free of charge
- NO smoking onboard
- Payment onboard: Cash, debit cards/credit card (with security pin code)
- Gratuities to be paid in cash (preferably in Euros)
Food & Beverages
- Special Diet Requests:
Vegetarian options (no meat) are available for every meal.
Vegetarian options (no meat or fish) on demand. No extra charge.
Gluten-free on demand. No extra charge.
Vegan options: not available
- Water: The water on board is drinkable. Bottled water is available for purchase at the bar.
April 12 - Tulip Tour 8-Day
April 19 - Tulip Tour 8-Day
April 26 - Tulip Tour 8-Day
May 3 - Tulip Tour 11-Day - Amsterdam to Bruges
May 13 - Bruges to Amsterdam 12-Day
May 24 - Amsterdam to Bruges 12-Day
July 20 - Amsterdam to Cochem
July 29 - Cochem to Metz
September 16 - Aschaffenburg to Bamberg
September 30 - Aschaffenburg to Cochem
October 7 - Cochem to Metz
October 14 - Metz to Cochem
Tours sailing on Iris — 1 to 9 of 9
Easy Bike Tour in Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg
Here in the west, we are very familiar with the Rails to Trails movement and know that is a lovely cycling experience. Now, we offer this European version, through four countries featuring lovely and…
Giant Touring Bike from the LIV collection
Lightweight, low-maintenance, and equipped with a belt drive, this touring bike is ideal for both daily and recreational use. Combining a synthetic belt and internal gearing with a stainless steel chainring and cog, this bike offers an exceptionally durable system requiring almost no maintenance in relation to chain drives.
- Aluxx grade aluminum step through frame
- Belt driven with internal gear hub
- 8 speeds
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- Selle royal Nuvola gel saddle
- Platform pedals
- Giant 700x 45 multi-surface tires
- Rear rack
- 14.6 kg
Information coming soon!