In 2005, the Iris was transformed from a cargo ship to a passenger ship. Her owner, Lenny Versteeg, has lovingly updated and maintained her throughout the years. The interior is fresh, tasteful, and comfortable.
PLEASE NOTE; For the 2022 season, it is required for all guests aboard the Iris to be fully vaccinated against Covid19.
The Iris is a refitted freight barge that accommodates 24 overnight passengers. This vessel can navigate on most rivers and canals in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany. On the top deck, you will find the lounge, a roomy sitting area, a cozy bar, and a sun deck. The whole barge has central heating and air-conditioning.
*2022 PREMIER COLLECTION TOURS aboard the IRIS* --> See available dates here
- Capacity: 24 passengers
- Boat size: 45 x 6.6 meters
- Electricity: 220 volt & USB outlets in cabin
Decks & Cabin Layout
- Cabins: 12
- Cabin size: 7.5 m²
- Cabins all feature 2 x single low beds that can be pushed together or separated
- Cabins have large rectangular windows (don't open)
- Twin bed: 80 x 200 cm
- Queen bed: 160 x 200 cm
- Heat & air conditioning in every cabin
- Private shower (2 m²) and toilet in every cabin
- Supply of soap and shampoo
- Cabins are equipped with a safe + small key
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Basic laundry service available (no ironing). Please inquire on board.
Boat Features & Amenities
- Lounge area, bar, and sun deck
- Wi-Fi is available
- Helmets available to borrow free of charge
- NO smoking onboard
- Payment onboard: Cash, debit cards/credit card (with security pin code)
- Gratuities to be paid in cash (preferably in Euros)
Food & Beverages
- Special Diet Requests:
Vegetarian options (no meat) available for every meal.
Vegetarian options (no meat or fish) on demand.
Vegan options on demand and pre-order: €50
- Water: The water on board is drinkable. Bottled water is available for purchase at the bar.
- Light aluminum frame (Aluxx)
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- Giant 8-speed with flat handlebars
- Bikes do not have water bottle holders
- MIK rear carrier
- Guests can bring their own pedals or seat (must bring gear/tools to change)
Electric bikes are also available for hire:
- At least 400W batteries
- 4 levels of support
- 8 gears
- Hydraulic brakes
- Rear rack for the pannier
Helmets are provided free of charge.
Tours sailing on Iris — 1 to 7 of 7
Easy Bike Tour in Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg
Here in the west, we are very familiar with the Rails to Trails movement and know that is a lovely cycling experience. Now, we offer this European version, through four countries featuring lovely and…