5 out of 5 (14 Reviews)
If 2020 has taught us anything, it's to appreciate the things we once took for granted, like the simple joy of travel.
Things change quickly these days but our Tour Specialists have put together a list of destinations that are open for travel right now. Take advantage of tours that are off the beaten path, away from crowds, in private homes, or consider chartering a ship with family and friends.
This page is updated daily based on information from local and international authorities. Each destination has different protocols that must be followed, which is why you will find the corresponding government websites below. As always, we are here to help! Contact us and we can walk you through what you need to know to travel now!
*** Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
View by country
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No.
- The Ministry of Health announced that starting December 22, 2020, until further notice, there will be a mandatory 14-day quarantine (self-isolate) for all travelers who enter Albania by air, land, or sea who initiated their travel from Great Britain.
- There is no general requirement for travelers returning to Albania to self-quarantine.
- Quarantine will only apply in specific cases when ordered by health authorities, as noted above.
- An official isolation and treatment site has been designated at the Infectious Disease Hospital at Mother Teresa University Hospital.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes.
- Commercial flights returned to Albania on June 15, 2020.
- As of December 22, the Albanian government suspended all flights to and from Great Britain until further notice. Lufthansa and Austrian Air continue with a reduced number of weekly flights to/from Tirana until further notice.
- U.S. citizens who are returning to the United States are currently only being allowed to transit one Schengen country on their journey home.
- We recommend that you contact your airline regarding any boarding restrictions that may be in place, as air carriers have the final decision as to who they will and will not board.
- Visa holders wishing to travel to the United States should review travel restrictions here for the latest information.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes.
- Masks are mandatory for any individual 11 years old and above in all indoor and outdoor spaces to include public transportation.
All arriving passengers to Colombia should have a negative result from a Covid-19 PCR test taken no more than 96 hours before departing. Passengers must also complete Migracion Colombia’s Check-Mig immigration form and follow other protocols upon arrival. This includes reporting to the Colombian Government any flu-like symptoms that occur within 14 days of arrival in Colombia. Personal biosecurity measures such as masks are required in airports and on flights.
Since Nov. 1, Costa Rica has allowed all countries in the world to enter by air, as long as they meet the country’s visa and COVID-19 entry requirements.
The Government of the Republic has facilitated the entry of international tourists, and since Oct. 26, eliminated the requirement of RT-PCR tests for the detection of the coronavirus. Neither Costa Ricans nor foreigners will be issued sanitary confinement (or quarantine) orders when entering the country by air. These measures are subject to change and dependent on the evolution of the pandemic both in Costa Rica and around the world.
Tourists visiting Costa Rica are asked to abide by the sanitary protocols implemented for carrying out all tourist activities in the country.
Entry for tourism is permitted only with documentary evidence of an accommodation paid in advance and in full, prior to arrival at the border (the accommodation reservation alone is not sufficient to be permitted entry). Tourists must have a negative PCR test result not older than 48 hours from the time of the swab to crossing the border.
The EnterCroatia online form allows visitors to enter all the necessary information and data prior to traveling to Croatia to ease border crossing upon entry. All travelers are advised to fill out the form before arrival:
Travelers 3 and older must have proof of a negative Covid-19 PCR or rapid antigen test taken within three days of arrival to avoid quarantine. Or you can present a completed vaccination card. Testing is available for those who don't arrive with a negative result. You must quarantine at an approved facility while waiting for results.
SPECIAL, ADDITIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS: Any international traveler wishing to transit via Quito or Guayaquil International Airport to the Galapagos should first arrive in-country with proof of a negative COVID test taken in the last three days (as per instructions above). In addition, all persons present in Ecuador (regardless of nationality or residence status) wishing to travel to the Galapagos Islands must present negative results from a RT-PCR test taken no more than 96 hours prior to arrival in the Galapagos. This can be the same test as the test used to get into Ecuador, assuming it was taken within 96 hours of arrival to the Galapagos. If the initial test was not taken within 96 hours of arrival to the Galapagos, the traveler will need to take a second test in Ecuador at a laboratory recognized by the Quality Assurance Agency of the Services of Health and Prepaid Medicine (ACESS), at their own expense.
Airlines are responsible to ensure that before boarding each passenger has a negative PCR test conducted within 72 hours prior to the departure from the first embarkation airport, health insurance for Non-Jordanians, and installed the AMAN Mobile App.
Travelers must also complete the Health Declaration and Locator Form at the counter before boarding.
An additional PCR test will be collected upon arrival to the airport for passengers above the age of 5. This test is at passengers’ own expense and costs JD28 / US$40.
Travelers are able to enter Montenegro with any of the following: 1. A negative result from a Covid-19 PCR test issued by a registered lab that's no more than 72 hours old upon arrival. 2. A positive result for IgG antibodies not older than 30 days. 3. Proof of a second vaccine dose received seven days ago or longer.
Travelers coming from abroad must have a printed invitation on the letterhead of the inviting Moroccan company. This letter must be sealed by the company and signed by a manager with all the relevant information concerning the traveler included (passport number, dates of entry, purpose of visit, accommodation details).
A negative Covid-19 (PCR) test must be completed less than 72 hours prior to arrival. Children under 11 years of age are exempt.
All passengers must complete a passenger health form online at http://www.onda.ma/form.php, then print and sign the form, to be presented on arrival in Morocco.
- All passengers must have the negative result of a "real-time PCR" test (swab) for COVID-19, performed in a period no longer than 72 hours before entering the country.
- Once you have your result and no less than 36 hours before your flight (1 day and a half before), you must send us your test result in pdf format to email@example.com.
- To complete the process, no less than 36 hours before your flight, you must enter the following form and fill out the requested personal data.
- By disposition of the authorities, this information will be sent by the airline to the Aeronautical Authority and MINSA who will notify us of the approval for your entrance to the country.
- The day of your trip you must present the original document of the results of your PCR test to the airline.
- We recommend that you check the pages of the official entities of the country in case you require other documents to fly.
Turkey requires that US citizens 6 years and older have a negative Covid-19 test result taken 72 hours or less before their flight to enter. Passengers must fill out a form for entry and prepare to be checked for coronavirus symptoms.
Each state has specific requirements for entry. Please visit the U.S. Department of State website to view travel details by state or contact us and we can walk you through what you need to know to travel now!
Moderate Bike Tour in Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania
We told you we would offer multi-adventure in the Balkans and now we deliver. This tour has it all and you can cross off every adventure on your bucket list during these ten exciting days. I feel…
Easy Cruises Tour in United States
The Pacific Northwest sets the stage for this active adventure cruise. Snow-capped mountains rub shoulders with lush rainforests in this huge backcountry - and it’s all yours to explore! Your small…
Easy–Moderate Bike Tour in Colombia
This bike and cultural tour in Colombia is about transformation and resurgence. But first, let's address the elephant in the room. Colombia. The very name brings forth images of this beautiful…
Easy–Moderate Birding + Bird Watching Tour in Nicaragua
If ever a tour was to "have it all", this birding tour in Nicaragua would be it! Beginner and expert birders, nature lovers, and history buffs alike can all find something magical here. Starting in…