5 out of 5 (14 Reviews)
If 2020 has taught us anything, it's to appreciate the things we once took for granted, like the simple joy of travel.
Things change quickly these days but our Tour Specialists have put together a list of destinations that are open for travel right now. Take advance of tours that are off the beaten path, away from crowds, in private homes, or consider chartering a ship with family and friends.
This page is updated daily based on information from local and international authorities. Each destination has different protocols that must be followed, which is why you will find the corresponding government websites below. As always, we are here to help! Contact us and we can walk you through what you need to know to travel now!
View by country
- The 14-day quarantine obligation will not be applied except in special cases if ordered by respective health authorities;
- At the border crossing points no specific documents are required to enter the Albanian territory;
- At the entry border points only the body temperature will be checked, as it should not exceed 37.5 degrees. If exceeded, transiting the territory will not be possible;
- Visitors entering Albania should also be informed about the regulations concerning the entering or transiting other countries, as it varies from country to country;
- Citizens traveling by land to Albania should obtain prior information at the Embassies of the countries through which they have to transit, in order for them to be informed about the rules set by these countries in the framework of the pandemic.
- CITIZENS TRAVELING FROM THIRD COUNTRIES BY AIR AND USING ONE OF THE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS FOR TRANSIT SHOULD KNOW THAT THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE AIRPORT TRANSIT AREA AND/OR WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE THEIR JOURNEY IF THE NEXT DESTINATION IS ANOTHER COUNTRY OF THE SCHENGEN AREA, AS IT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED A TRANSIT BUT ENTRY INTO THE SCHENGEN AREA. THEREFORE THE AIRPORT AUTHORITIES WILL RETURN THEM TO THE DEPARTING COUNTRIES.
Since Nov. 1, Costa Rica has allowed all countries in the world to enter by air, as long as they meet the country’s visa and COVID-19 entry requirements.
The Government of the Republic has facilitated the entry of international tourists, and since Oct. 26, eliminated the requirement of RT-PCR tests for the detection of the coronavirus. Neither Costa Ricans nor foreigners will be issued sanitary confinement (or quarantine) orders when entering the country by air. These measures are subject to change and dependent on the evolution of the pandemic both in Costa Rica and around the world.
Tourists visiting Costa Rica are asked to abide by the sanitary protocols implemented for carrying out all tourist activities in the country.
On 30 November 2020, the Civil Protection Headquarters of the Republic of Croatia issued a Decision temporarily prohibiting, i.e. restricting the crossing of persons across all border crossing points of the Republic of Croatia.
All arriving passengers to Colombia should have a negative result from a Covid-19 PCR test taken no more than 96 hours before departing. Passengers must also complete Migracion Colombia’s Check-Mig immigration form and follow other protocols upon arrival. This includes reporting to the Colombian Government any flu-like symptoms that occur within 14 days of arrival in Colombia. Personal biosecurity measures such as masks are required in airports and on flights.
- Is a negative COVD-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes
Travelers must provide the results of a PCR (polymerise chain reaction) COVID test taken within the last ten (10) days prior to arrival in Ecuador.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
If a negative PCR test is not provided, testing will be conducted immediately at the airport at the cost of the traveler.
- Are visitors required to quarantine? Maybe
Travelers who do not provide the results of a PCR test must undertake, at their own expense, a PCR test upon arrival and proceed immediately to quarantine in one of the hotels authorized by the Government of Ecuador’s National Emergency Commission (“Comité de Operaciones de Emergencia”) until receiving the test results. Travelers who provide proof of a negative COVID PCR test taken no more than ten (10) days before entering the country do not need to quarantine as long as the traveler does not present symptoms of COVID.
If a quarantined traveler receives a negative PCR test result, the traveler may terminate the quarantine. If the traveler receives a positive test result, the traveler must continue the quarantine and necessary health care will be provided.
- SPECIAL, ADDITIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS:
Any international traveler over the age of 18 wishing to transit via Quito or Guayaquil International Airport to the Galapagos should first arrive in-country with proof of a negative PCR test taken in the last 10 days (as per instructions above). In addition, all persons over the age of 18 present in Ecuador (regardless of nationality or residence status) wishing to travel to the Galapagos Islands must present negative results from a PCR test taken no more than 96 hours prior to arrival in the Galapagos. This can be the same test as the test used to get into Ecuador, assuming it was taken within 96 hours of arrival to the Galapagos. If the initial test was not taken within 96 hours of arrival to the Galapagos, the traveler will need to take a second test in Ecuador at a laboratory recognized by the Quality Assurance Agency of the Services of Health and Prepaid Medicine (ACESS), at their own expense. They will need to wait for the results of this test before traveling to the Galapagos. With the required negative results in hand, there is no quarantine required upon arrival in the Galapagos (nor to return to the mainland of Ecuador). Travelers to the Galapagos also need a “salvoconducto” from their tour operator, and should contact the operator directly for that document.
Foreigner national is allowed to enter Montenegro under the following conditions:
- Without additional restrictions if he or she meets all three of the following conditions: 1. he or she is a resident of one of the countries from the green list, or he or she stayed in the country from the green list, for at least 15 days before entering Montenegro; 2. if in the period from the 15th day before entering Montenegro to the day of entry, he or she did not stay in any of the countries not included in the green list of countries; 3. he or she did not travel to any of the countries or through any of the countries not included in the green list of countries, except in transit (transit is travel without delay, as evidenced by insight into the travel document).
- With the negative PCR test for novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) older not more than 72 hours or a positive coronavirus antibody test result (SARS-CoV-2) of the IgG class or with the negative antibody serologic test result of the IgM class obtained by ELISA serologic test older not more than 72 hours if he or she comes from any of the countries on the "yellow list" or comes from one of the countries on the "green list", and in the period of 15 days before entering Montenegro, he or she stayed in one of the countries on the "yellow list".
Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter Turkey?
Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry?
No, unless you show symptoms for COVD-19, then a PCR test will be administered.
Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry?
Yes. COVID-19 control measures for air, land, and sea travel continue. Passengers arriving in Turkey will be required to complete an information form and will be checked for symptoms. Anyone suspected of having COVID-19 will be transported to a hospital for examination or to a dormitory to self-isolate. If an individual on a particular aircraft/vehicle/vessel is found to have COVID-19, the information forms completed upon arrival will be used to identify others have been in contact with them; those individuals will then be subject to 14-day isolation/quarantine.
Each state has specific requirements for entry. Please visit the U.S. Department of State website to view travel details by state or contact us and we can walk you through what you need to know to travel now!
Moderate Bike Tour in Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania
We told you we would offer multi-adventure in the Balkans and now we deliver. This tour has it all and you can cross off every adventure on your bucket list during these ten exciting days. I feel…
Easy Cruises Tour in United States
The Pacific Northwest sets the stage for this active adventure cruise. Snow-capped mountains rub shoulders with lush rainforests in this huge backcountry - and it’s all yours to explore! Your small…
Easy–Moderate Bike Tour in Colombia
This bike and cultural tour in Colombia is about transformation and resurgence. But first, let's address the elephant in the room. Colombia. The very name brings forth images of this beautiful…