Riccione - Villages & Castles Bike Tour
Italy Bike Tours
Bike Riccione and explore Italy’s most beautiful coast!
Interested in the Adriatic bike tours? No need to be intimidated by the mileage and the climbs of other Riccione cycling tours, now there is something for the more leisure minded cyclist. You can take your time and follow itineraries that gently take you away from the chaotic traffic of the coast and the typical tourist destinations to submerge yourself in nature.
There are several different itineraries to choose from, ranging from a peaceful ride on flat terrain cycling along the coast and streams, to more demanding routes with steep slopes that lead to a host of medieval castles.
5 guided itineraries a week are offered covering between 40 and 60 km. Excursions are different every day and take place over two weeks in the period running from March through November.
Summer programs in July and August are adapted according to the number of participants and level of cyclists.
- Sea, mountains, and unsurpassed cycling
- Guided itineraries with full support
- Accommodations and ammendities designed for the cyclist in mind
- Special barbeque and picnic at private farm
- Activities for non cyclists
- Cuisine fit for a cyclist!
- Cycling camaraderie
If you prefer more mileage, challenge and road bike cycling, please take a look at our road bike version, Riccione.
Be sure to take a look at all our bike tours in Italy!
Pricing depends on time of booking. Please contact us.
Payable upon arrival:
Excursion to San Marino: $ 13 £ 7 $ 12 € 8 $ 14 kr 86 $ 9 Garmin GPS: $ 33 £ 17 $ 30 € 20 $ 34 kr 214 $ 23 Per km assistance and bicycle recovery in case of a fall or accident: $ 1 £ 0 $ 1 € 1 $ 1 kr 5 $ 1 Masseur and physiotherapist, 30 minutes: $ 49 £ 26 $ 45 € 30 $ 52 kr 321 $ 34
Bike rentals (including basic insurance for liability and theft):
Scott Sub Cross 40 bike:
Weekly (6 days) : $ 213 £ 111 $ 193 € 129 $ 222 kr 1382 $ 146 Additional day: $ 33 £ 17 $ 30 € 20 $ 34 kr 214 $ 23
Scott E-Scale 930:
Weekly (6 days): $ 312 £ 162 $ 283 € 189 $ 325 kr 2024 $ 213 Additional day: $ 49 £ 26 $ 45 € 30 $ 52 kr 321 $ 34
Scott Sub cross E ride 20:
Weekly: $ 246 £ 128 $ 223 € 149 $ 256 kr 1596 $ 168 Additional day: $ 38 £ 20 $ 34 € 23 $ 40 kr 246 $ 26
Additional bike protection for damage to bicycles is available.
Weekly helmet rental: $ 20 £ 10 $ 18 € 12 $ 21 kr 129 $ 14
Price given is general price per person. Rates vary depending on season, availability and time of booking. Please call us for details. The earlier you book, the better the price obtained
Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
† Currency exchange rate set 90 days before travel.
Fly to Bologna, Ancona, Rimini or Forli
Train or transfer to Riccione
Check local weather conditions prior to departure as that will help you prepare for the trip. Average high/low temperature in °F for Riccione, Italy is: March 53/37, April 60/44, May 69/51, June 77/59, July 80/62, Aug 80/62, Sept 73/57, Oct 64/50, and November 55/41
Hotel Dory offers an entire itinerary for the non cycling companion. Ask us!
E bikes are now available!
Routes are along side roads and some times cycle paths that are of dirt. There are five guided itineraries a week covering between 25 to 38 miles. The terrain varies from flat to hilly with some slightly longer climbs that alternate with delightful descents. Ideal for "fair weather"cyclists with normal fitness and training. You will cycle about 4 to 5 hours on your daily excursions.
Where You’ll Stay
The comfortable, modern Hotel Dory
- All inclusive Services
- Welcome drink, presentation of routes
- Super half board: (Breakfast buffet, lunch buffet from 2 - 4 pm, dinner buffet
- Water, wine, soft drinks with dinner
- Every Monday, barbecue in the country house with wine and desserts
- Sandwiches, bananas, water during rides
- Traditional Romagna dinner with tasting of local homemade products and limoncino tasting session
- Admission to the Aqua Wellness Area complete with swimming pool, whirlpools, Turkish bath, and sauna
- Nirvana Spa (massage chair)
- Transfer service from/to Rimini airport and railway station (8 am to 10 pm)
- 15 touring cycles available for around town
- 15 Nordic Walking carbon poles for hiking
- 5 Guided excursions
- Laundry service for biking gear and shoe dryer (must purchase laundry bag @ €8)
- Shoe drying facilities
- 50 detailed cycling routes
- Mechanical assistance
- Replacement bike if needed
- In house mechanic for small repairs and fine tuning
- Fully equipped workshop and washing area
- Storeroom for personal bikes
- Internet point and wireless connection
- Idea formula, accommodations in "Dorine" room (12/14 m square) or mini apartments (27 - 31 m square), 50 m. distance from main hotel
- Includes all of the above, plus:
- €10 Euro Token to be spent at cyclists' market (minimum stay of 5 days)
- Style formula, accommodations in Superior room (15 - 19 m), Junior suite (23 - 27 m square), or Fashion and Feeling Suite (Attic rooms of 50 m square)
- Includes all of the above, plus:
- Draft sodas and hot drinks, all you can drink all day
- Complimentary T Shirt
- € 20.00 token to be spent at cyclists' market (minimum stay of 5 days).
- Transfer service from/to Ancona, Bologna and Rimini airports and from Riccione railway station (8 am - 10 pm) + € 9.00 per journey for every racing bicycle transported, for stays of at least 6 nights stay and booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Daily admission to Riccione Swimming Municipal Pool
- Assistance in case of falls
- Special services for none biker / accompanying person
- One cooking lesson on how to make pasta
- Transfer to the barbecue Vecciano
- Nordic walking sticks
- 2 weekly Nordic walking excursions: 3/4 hours, 7/8 km each
- Boat excursion from April to September aboard an authentic "Goiter Sorrentino"
- Transfer to and tasting of oil, wine, and cheese
- One balsamic vinegar tasting
What’s Not Included
- Tourist tax
- Helmet rental
- Hybrid or electric bicycle rental including basic insurance
- Travel Insurance
Because this is a hotel based tour, you can shorten or lengthen your stay
5 guided itineraries are offered per week covering between 40 and 60 km. Excursions are different every day and take place over two weeks. In a two week period, you will never follow the same route. Summer cycling activities (July and August) continue with the program adapted to the number and level of participants.
Sample # 1:
- Arrival to Hotel Dory
- Albereto Castle and Vecciano
- Tour of the Malatesta Castles
- Rest day
- Roman Rimini and Tasting of typical products
- Gradara Castle
- Departure or extension of stay
* Routes cover between 25 and 38 miles. (40 - 60 km) a day
SATURDAY: Arrival to Hotel Dory
Individual arrival to Hotel Dory. Riccione is known as the “Green Pearl” of the Adriatic, precisely for the lush greenery that distinguishes it. Whoever chooses this location not only finds himself in the most renowned, fun and fashionable spot along the Adriatic coast, but also has the chance to combine enjoyment with passions for sport, nature and open air. In fact, apart from being by the sea, Riccione is surrounded by a scenic countryside, ideal for cycling.
Our first destination is the unique village of Santarcangelo, an ancient medieval village in the heart of Romagna, with its fortress, ancient
town center, caves and old press. We will follow a stretch that was where the tracks of the old Rimini-San Marino railway once lay.
MONDAY: Albereto Castle and Vecciano
This route follows narrow roads that wind their way through vineyards to the municipal tower of Montescudo (13th century) for a brief visit to the ancient medieval ice house and a well-earned coffee break.The small castle of Albereto is only a short distance away and offers excellent views of the ancient republic of San Marino and the sea. You pass through Marano Nature Park, a habitat favored by majestic white herons, buzzards and birds of prey. After a short climb, you reach Vecciano for a well-deserved lunch break at the family house in the country. Grilled meat, typical local cheeses, pasta served with tomatoes from the vegetable garden and lots of good wine will be served. You will also pay a visit to the old vinegar cellar to try some balsamic vinegar.
TUESDAY: Tour of the Malatesta Castles
Through corn fields, fields of sunflowers and olive groves, you will see some of the castles built by the powerful dynasty of the Malatesta –Montefiore, Mondaino and Saludecio – and also try some delicious “fossa cheese”.
WEDNESDAY: Rest day
THURSDAY: Roman Rimini and Tasting of typical products
You visit Rimini, Tiberius’ Bridge and the Arch of Augustus, built by mighty Roman emperors. Then it is off to the hills near Rimini to try some local products; a taste experience of the typical flavors of the land.
FRIDAY: Gradara Castle and the love story between Paolo and Francesca
After passing through the village of San Giovanni, the ancient granary of the Malatesta,and trying some traditional country-style bread, you head to Gradara, with its imposing fortified walls, the first outpost in defense of the coast.
SATURDAY: Departure or extension of your stay
Sample # 2:
- San Bartolo Park
- The Concha Valley and Vecciano
- The Ancient Republic of San Marino
- Rest Day
- The Great Marechhia Valley and tasting of local products
- Onferno and the nature reserve
*Routes cover between 25 and 38 miles. (40 - 60 km) a day
SUNDAY: San Bartolo Park
Heading south, through the countryside of the Marche, with its fields of intensely-fragranced onions and cabbage, you reach Mount San Bartolo, on a cliff top that drops down to the sea, to follow the panoramic route with its extraordinary views of the coast.
MONDAY: The Concha Vaolley and Vecciano
An easy and gently-rolling route along the Concha Valley with a visit to an ancient “wash-house” and then on to Vecciano for an outdoor barbecue, a visit to the family’s vegetable garden and the old vinegar cellar, with an opportunity to taste the famous balsamic vinegar.
TUESDAY: The Ancient Republic of San Marino
You scale Mount Titano, with its traditions and well-preserved mediaeval sites, taking the easier route. We’ll have enough time
to visit the 3 towers and the narrow streets of one of the oldest republics in the world.
WEDNESDAY: Rest Day
THURSDAY: The Great Marechhia Valley and tasting of local products
Dominated by the ancient castles that overlook it, the Marecchia Valley helps you relive the emotions of ancient wayfarers heading to Rome. On the return journey, you stop to taste some local cheeses, olive oil, wine and typical products.
FRIDAY: Onferno and the nature reserve
On the border with the Marche region, under wild and majestic ravines live numerous species of animals, some protected others living wild: boars, porcupines, foxes and bats. You follow a road with little traffic and from the crest of a ridge, the wind and silence accompany you throughout the journey….
Your bike tour in Italy will end after breakfast