During this cycling vacation in Italy, you will stay at one of Italy's famed bike hotels. Hotel Dory has a program that has been tried, tested, and perfected over the years with incredible and knowledgeable tour guides and varying levels of difficulty.
Itineraries lead along rivers, pass through sixteenth-century villages, and climb to medieval fortresses. Cyclists will travel through charming territories on the border between Romagna, the Marche, and Tuscany. From the all-inclusive services tailored to cyclists, to the incredible food, to the staff and guides to unbelievable routes,
Even if you are traveling with a non- biker, there are plenty of other things to do. The hotel offers Nordic Walking poles, a cooking lesson, day trips to Ancona, Bologna, or the UNESCO World Heritage town of Ferrara.
This is is a biker's dream, which is why we have also added Villages and Castles, for more leisure cycling.
Bring your passion, bring your energy, you can even bring your non-cycling partner, as there is lots to do!
- Incredible itineraries of varying difficulty levels
- World class bike rentals available
- All-inclusive services for cyclists
- Professional cycling guides
- Knowledgeable and attentive staff
- Food, of course! (Afterall, you are in Italy)
- Authentic experiences that include a barbeque at the farm where you can visit the vinegar cellar and taste the locally produced balsamic
Make sure you take a look at our many other bicycle tours in Italy!
You can choose from various levels of difficulty and miles to bike each day. There are several groups of different levels departing each day. Below are examples of itineraries between 30 and 90 miles. Every day, except on Wednesdays and Saturdays you can go out with a guide who accompanies the different groups. Every evening the route of the next day will be discussed.
1. The "Cappucino Light" group cycles between 60 to 70 km per day, average speed 16-18 km/hr. For cyclists who are not as well-trained and enjoy climbing at a lower and less intensive speed. The distances are shorter and the average speed is moderate.
2. The “Cappuccino” group rides between 70 to 90 km per day with an average of 19 - 21 km/hr. This is for cyclists who not only love to cycle but also to enjoy nature and landscapes. Recommended for fairly well trained cyclists.
3. The “Super Cappuccino” is designed for the more competitive minded cyclist. This group covers 80 - 100 km but at a speed of 22-24 km/hr. Recommended for only well trained cyclists.
4. The “Limoncino” group is for very well-trained riders who desire a constant challenge and are accustomed to high mileage. Average speed about 26 - 28 km per hour and from 90 to 120 km per day.
Sample of a weekly program:
Saturday: Arrival and accommodation in room, assembly or pick up of rental bike. Take a ride around Riccione at your leisure! Welcome drink at 6, presentation of program.
9.30 am: Ready, set, go!!! All the groups are off and the fun is about to begin! To insure the formation of groups at a uniform level, after an hour or about 20/25 km, in a pre-established place, it is possible to change groups.
After 3 to 4 hours of cycling all the groups will meet in Vecciano at the "country house". Barbecue with piada, grilled meat and vegetables, pizza, spaghetti, focaccia and lots of good wine! Special tasting of family balsamic vinegar.
12.00 pm: Anyone accompanying cyclists can join the fun thanks to a minibus transfer service.
5.30 pm Cyclist's street market
8.30 am: A day dedicated to special excursions with an early departure and return envisioned at around 3.00/4.00 pm. The different itineraries will be presented to you upon arrival.
7.00 pm: Oktoberfest BEER evening with dinner and unlimited free beer for everyone at the restaurant followed by "Disco 90`s party" with Dj Maurino every week.
Rest day, free excursions or excursions based on the suggestions of the guides
In the morning, trip by minibus and visit to one of the most famous cycle shops in Romagna and in the afternoon, a visit to the Republic of San Marino is possible.
7.00 pm: traditional "Romagna dinner” with tasting of typical local products, all homemade, Sangiovese wine and limoncino tasting session
Excursions for all groups based on the program.
The “Cappuccino Light” will go on a tour that includes a stop to sample some typical products such as olive oil, wine, cheeses, cold cuts and cakes at a holiday farm.
Excursions for all groups based on the program. In the evening “Flavors and Fragrances Dinner”. At 9.00 pm, evening with photos and prizes.
The comfortable, modern Hotel Dory.
All inclusive Services
- Welcome drink, presentation of routes
- Super half board: (Breakfast buffet, lunch buffet from 2 - 4 pm, dinner buffet)
- Water, wine, and soft drinks with dinner
- Every Monday, barbecue in the country house with wine and desserts
- Sandwiches, bananas, and water during rides
- Traditional Romagna dinner with tasting of local homemade products and limoncello tasting session
- Admission to the Aqua Wellness Area complete with swimming pool, whirlpools, Turkish bath, and sauna
- Transfer service from/to Rimini airport and railway station (8 am to 10 pm)
- 15 touring cycles available for around town
- 15 Nordic Walking carbon poles for hiking
- 5 Guided excursions (several groups of different levels, each with a maximum of 15 to 18 cyclists)
- Laundry service for biking gear and shoe dryer (must purchase laundry bag @ €8)
- 50 detailed cycling routes
- Mechanical assistance
- Replacement bike if needed
- In house mechanic for small repairs and fine-tuning
- Fully equipped workshop and washing area
- Storeroom for personal bikes
- Internet point and wireless connection
- All-inclusive services plus accommodations in "Dorine" room (12/14 m square) or mini apartments (27 - 31 m square), 50 m. distance from main hotel includes all of the above, plus:
- Transfer from/to Rimini airport and railway station (8 am to 10 pm)
- €10 Euro Token to be spent at cyclists’ market (minimum stay of 5 days)
- All-inclusive serives plus accommodations in Superior room (15 - 19 m), Junior suite (23 - 27 m square), or Fashion and Feeling Suite (Attic rooms of 50 m square)
- Includes all of the above, plus:
- Draft sodas and hot drinks, all you can drink all day
- Complimentary T-Shirt
- € 20.00 token to be spent at cyclists’ market (minimum stay of 5 days).
- Transfer service from/to Ancona, Bologna and Rimini airports and from Riccione railway station (8 am - 10 pm) + € 9.00 per journey for every racing bicycle transported, for stays of at least 6 nights stay and booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Daily admission to Riccione Swimming Municipal Pool
- Assistance in case of falls
- One cooking lesson on how to make pasta
- Transfer to the barbecue Vecciano
- Nordic walking sticks
- 2 weekly Nordic walking excursions: 3/4 hours, 7/8 km each
- Boat excursion from April to September aboard an authentic "Goiter Sorrentino"
- Transfer to and tasting of oil, wine, and cheese
- One balsamic vinegar tasting
Special services for none biker
What’s Not Included
- Road bike rental available, payable upon arrival.
- Look, Shimano SPD, Shimano SPD-SL or normal pedals provided. We recommend bringing your own pedals and cycling shoes
- Tourist tax
- Travel Insurance
Dates & Pricing
Preferred arrivals are on Saturday from March through November. Arrivals on other days are possible upon request.
Prices vary depend on time of booking. Please provide us with your check-in and check out date and we will send a proposal to you.
All bikes are payable on arrival.
Road bike rental available (does not include insurance):
Scott Addict Gravel 20
Weekly (6 days): $ 406 £ 217 $ 376 € 249 NIS 979 NZ$ 428 kr 2596 $ 299 Additional day: $ 67 £ 36 $ 62 € 41 NIS 161 NZ$ 71 kr 428 $ 49 Scott Addict 10
Weekly (6 days): $ 324 £ 174 $ 300 € 199 NIS 782 NZ$ 342 kr 2075 $ 239 Additional day: $ 57 £ 31 $ 53 € 35 NIS 138 NZ$ 60 kr 365 $ 42 Scott Solace 10
Weekly (6 days): $ 275 £ 147 $ 255 € 169 NIS 664 NZ$ 291 kr 1762 $ 203 Additional day: $ 49 £ 26 $ 45 € 30 NIS 118 NZ$ 52 kr 313 $ 36 Scott CR1 Pro Carbon
Weekly (6 days): $ 226 £ 121 $ 210 € 139 NIS 546 NZ$ 239 kr 1449 $ 167 Additional day: $ 37 £ 20 $ 35 € 23 NIS 90 NZ$ 40 kr 240 $ 28
(All racing bikes are fitted with a pump, computer, spare tire repair kit, free water bottle and Look, Shimano SPD or normal pedals. The hotel can provide pedals: Look, Shimano SPD, Shimano SPD-SL or normal pedals. However, we recommend bringing your own pedals and do not forget your shoes!
Optional insurance that covers damage of bike due to accident or fall: $ 26 £ 14 $ 24 € 16 NIS 63 NZ$ 28 kr 167 $ 19 Weekly helmet rental: $ 20 £ 10 $ 18 € 12 NIS 47 NZ$ 21 kr 125 $ 14 Excursion to San Marino: $ 13 £ 7 $ 12 € 8 NIS 31 NZ$ 14 kr 83 $ 10 Hiking excursions (Tues. and Sun. are free), other days on demand with min. of 5: $ 24 £ 13 $ 23 € 15 NIS 59 NZ$ 26 kr 156 $ 18 Per km assistance and bicycle recovery in case of a fall or accident: $ 1 £ 0 $ 1 € 1 NIS 2 NZ$ 1 kr 5 $ 1 Masseur and physiotherapist, 30 minutes: $ 49 £ 26 $ 45 € 30 NIS 118 NZ$ 52 kr 313 $ 36
Skill Level — Moderate
There are many options for difficulty levels for this tour from easy to moderate to difficult. Take a look here for a more leisure version of this tour. See remarks for information for non-cyclists who may accompany you.
Fly to Bologna, Ancona or Rimini
Please tell us which airport you will arrive to and we will assist with travel details.
Check local weather conditions prior to departure as that will help you prepare for the trip.
Bring your own pedals and cycling shoes. Helmet and bike bottle is provided free of charge.
Shorter or longer stays acceptable by request.
Helmet available for rental.
Also available for an extra fee, 2 Vespa, 125 cc scooters and electric bikes
Available for non-cycling guests:
A barbecue at the hotel’s country home, transfer included a hiking excursion, a minibus excursion to San Marino, a cooking class, Nordic walking poles, weekly markets at Rimini and Riccione, and access to the wellness center.
Important to know
It is each traveler's responsibility to ensure that you are in compliance with the country or countries you plan to visit. This includes and is not limited to passport validity, visa requirements and acquisition, blank passport pages required for your destination (s), etc.
US citizens: A good website to research the requirements of the Schengen Agreement and entry into other countries is travel.state.gov.
Non-EU and EU residents: Please research the requirements of your country of residence for international travel and your destination country or countries.
*Important note: Please check on the European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) status as once implemented, this will be required to visit any of the 26 Schengen-member countries for tourism, business, medical, or transit. This is an additional check on security rather than a visa.
This tour is run by Hotel Dory.
We value the strong relationship we have with our local partners and the services we provide.
We are not a broker.
We do not inflate tour prices.
We are simply travelers helping travelers.