Italy Bike Tours
Bike Italy along the beautiful Adriatic Coast!!
This Riccione bike tour takes you along the breathtaking coast of the Adriatic. It was here in the hills of this Eastern part of Emilia Romagna that Marco Pantani, the great legend, prepared for his wins in the Tour de France and the Giro Libero. We have chosen this excellent bike hotel for you to be able to go out on your own (with route descriptions) or join a group of your level to train in the mountains. If you have a traveling partner who's not a biker, there are plenty of other things to do. The hotel offers Nordic Walking poles, a cooking lesson or what about a day trip to Ancona, Bologna or the UNESCO World Heritage town of Ferrara.
Riccione cycling is a bikers dream, which is why we have also added "The Bikeness group Villages and Castles" for the biker who wants to get know the land and people, and of course to discover the pleasures of the local gastronomy in great company. You will have the opportunity to fully enjoy all the delights here cycling in Italy.
Make sure you take a look at our many other bicycle tours in Italy!
Where You’ll Stay
The comfortable, modern Hotel Dory.
- All inclusive Services
- Welcome drink, presentation of routes
- Super half board: (Breakfast buffet, lunch buffet from 2 - 4 pm, dinner buffet
- Water, wine, soft drinks with dinner
- Every Monday, barbecue in the country house with wine and desserts
- Sandwiches, bananas, water during rides
- Traditional Romagna dinner with tasting of local homemade products and limoncino tasting session
- Admission to the Aqua Wellness Area complete with swimming pool, whirlpools, Turkish bath, and sauna
- Nirvana Spa (massage chair)
- Transfer service from Rimini airport and railway station (8 am to 10 pm)
- 15 touring cycles available for around town
- 15 Nordic Walking carbon poles for hiking
- 5 Guided excursions (4 groups of different levels, each with a maximum of 15 to 18 cyclists)
- Laundry service for biking gear and shoe dryer (must purchase laundry bag @ €8)
- Shoe drying facilities
- 50 detailed cycling routes
- Mechanical assistance
- Replacement bike if needed
- In house mechanic for small repairs and fine tuning
- Fully equipped workshop and washing area
- Storeroom for personal bikes
- Internet point and wireless connection
- Idea formula, accommodations in "Dorine" room (12/14 m square) or mini apartments (27 - 31 m square), 50 m. distance from main hotel
- Includes all of the above, plus:
- €10 Euro Token to be spent at cyclists’ market (minimum stay of 5 days)
- Style formula, accommodations in Superior room (15 - 19 m), Junior suite (23 - 27 m square), or Fashion and Feeling Suite (Attic rooms of 50 m square)
- Includes all of the above, plus:
- Draft sodas and hot drinks, all you can drink all day
- Complimentary T Shirt
- € 20.00 token to be spent at cyclists’ market (minimum stay of 5 days).
- Transfer service from Rimini airport and Riccione train station from 8 am to 10.00 pm)
- Daily admission to Riccione Swimming Municipal Pool
- Assistance in case of falls
- Special services for none biker / accompanying person
- One cooking lesson on how to make pasta
- Transfer to the barbecue Vecciano
- Nordic walking sticks
- 2 weekly Nordic walking excursions: 3/4 hours, 7/8 km each
- Boat excursion from April to September aboard an authentic "Goiter Sorrentino"
- Transfer to and tasting of oil, wine, and cheese
- One balsamic vinegar tasting
What’s Not Included
- Road bike rental available, payable upon arrival.
- Look, Shimano SPD, Shimano SPD-SL or normal pedals provided. We recommend bringing your own pedals and cycling shoes
Preferred arrivals are on Saturday. Arrivals on other days are possible upon request.
This Italy bike tour is considered moderate to difficult, choose to ride for your level of fitness (see Day-to-Day).
You can choose from various levels of difficulty and miles to bike each day. There are usually 3 or 4 groups of different levels departing each day. Below are some examples of between 30 and 90 miles each day. Every day except on Wednesdays and Saturdays you can go out with a guide who accompanies the different groups. Every evening the route of the next day will be discussed.
1. The "Cappucino Light" group cycles between 65 to 75 km per day, average speed 17-19 km/hr. For cyclists who are not as well-trained and enjoy climbing at a lower and less intensive speed. The distances are shorter and the average speed is moderate.
2. The “Cappuccino” group rides between 80 to 100 km per day with an average of 20-22 km/hr. This is for cyclists who not only love to cycle but also to enjoy nature and landscapes. Recommended for fairly well trained cyclists.
3. The “Super Cappuccino” is designed for the more competitive minded cyclist. This group covers the same distance but at a speed of 23-25 km/hr. Recommended for only well trained cyclists.
4. The “Limoncino” group is for very well-trained riders who desire a constant challenge and are accustomed to high mileage. Average speed about 26 - 28 km per hour and from 90 to 120 km per day.
You must not feel obligated to go with a group because you can also cycle on your own with route descriptions, although you will miss out on the advantage of the guides who know the area so well.
Please ask us and we will send you a sample of weekly rides for each level.