Italy Bike Tours
Bike Italy along the beautiful Adriatic Coast!!
During this cycling vacation in Italy, you will stay at one of Italy's famed bike hotels, Hotel Dory. From the all inclusive services tailored to cyclists, to the incredible food, to the staff and guides, to unbelievable routes, it really is all about the bike, here.
Itineraries lead along rivers, pass through sixteenth-century villages, and climb to medieval fortresses. Cyclists will travel through charming territories on the border between Romagna, the Marche, and Tuscany. Hotel Dory has a program that has been tried, tested and perfected over the years with incredible and knowledgeable tour guides and varying levels of difficulty.
Even if you are taveling with a non- biker, there are plenty of other things to do. The hotel offers Nordic Walking poles, a cooking lesson, day trips to Ancona, Bologna or the UNESCO World Heritage town of Ferrara.
This is is a biker's dream, which is why we have also added Villages and Castles , for more leisure cycling.
Bring your passion, bring your energy, you can even bring your non cycling partner, as there is lots to do!
- Incredible itineraries of varying difficulty levels
- World class bike rentals available
- All inclusive services for cyclists
- Professonal cycling guides
- Knowledgeable and attentive staff
- Food, of course! (Afterall, you are in Italy)
- Authentic expereriences that include a barbeque at the farm where you can visit the vinegar cellar and taste the locally produced balsamic
Make sure you take a look at our many other bicycle tours in Italy!
Please call for pricing. Rates will depend on time of booking.
Road bike rental available (includes basic insurance):
Scott Addict Gravel 20
Weekly (6 days): £ 212 $ 454 € 249 $ 375 NOK 2345 kr 2164 $ 281 Additional day: £ 34 $ 73 € 40 $ 60 NOK 377 kr 348 $ 45 Per diem: £ 50 $ 108 € 59 $ 89 NOK 556 kr 513 $ 67 Scott Addict 10
Weekly (6 days): £ 178 $ 381 € 209 $ 315 NOK 1968 kr 1817 $ 236 Additional day: £ 30 $ 64 € 35 $ 53 NOK 330 kr 304 $ 40 Per diem: £ 42 $ 89 € 49 $ 74 NOK 461 kr 426 $ 55 Scott Solace 10
Weekly (6 days): £ 152 $ 326 € 179 $ 270 NOK 1686 kr 1556 $ 202 Additional day: £ 25 $ 55 € 30 $ 45 NOK 283 kr 261 $ 34 Per diem: £ 36 $ 77 € 42 $ 63 NOK 396 kr 365 $ 47 Scott CR1 Pro Carbon
Weekly (6 days): £ 118 $ 253 € 139 $ 209 NOK 1309 kr 1208 $ 157 Additional day: £ 20 $ 42 € 23 $ 35 NOK 217 kr 200 $ 26 Per diem: £ 28 $ 60 € 33 $ 50 NOK 311 kr 287 $ 37
(All racing bikes are fitted with a pump, computer, spare tyre repair kit, free water bottle and Look, Shimano SPD or normal pedals.The hotel can provide pedals: Look, Shimano SPD, Shimano SPD-SL or normal pedals. However, we recommend bringing your own pedals and do not forget your shoes!
Optional insurance that covers damage of bike due to accident or fall: £ 14 $ 29 € 16 $ 24 NOK 151 kr 139 $ 18 Weekly helmet rental: £ 10 $ 22 € 12 $ 18 NOK 113 kr 104 $ 14 Excursion to San Marino: £ 7 $ 15 € 8 $ 12 NOK 75 kr 70 $ 9 Excursion to bike shop "Boghetta" Bellaria: £ 7 $ 15 € 8 $ 12 NOK 75 kr 70 $ 9 Per diem Garmin GPS: £ 17 $ 36 € 20 $ 30 NOK 188 kr 174 $ 23 Per km assistance and bicycle recovery in case of a fall or accident: £ 0 $ 1 € 1 $ 1 NOK 5 kr 4 $ 1 Masseur and physiotherapist, 30 minutes: £ 25 $ 55 € 30 $ 45 NOK 283 kr 261 $ 34
Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
† Currency exchange rate set 90 days before travel.
Fly to Bologna, Ancona or Rimini
Please tell us which airport you will arrive to and we will assist with travel details.
Check local weather conditions prior to departure as that will help you prepare for the trip. Average high/low temperature in °F for Riccione, Italy is: March 53/37, April 60/44, May 69/51, June 77/59, July 80/62, Aug 80/62, Sept 73/57, Oct 64/50, and November 55/41.
Bring your own pedals and cycling shoes. Helmet and bike bottle is provided free of charge.
Shorter or longer stays acceptable by request. Helmet available for rental. Breakfast only formula available, please call for details. Also available for an extra fee, 2 Vespa, 125 cc scooters and electric bikes Available for non-cycling guests: A barbecue at the hotels country home, transfer included , A hiking excursion, a minibus excursion to San Marino, a cooking class, Nordic walking poles, weekly markets at Rimini and Riccione, the wellness center.
Where You’ll Stay
The comfortable, modern Hotel Dory.
All inclusive Services
- Welcome drink, presentation of routes
- Super half board: (Breakfast buffet, lunch buffet from 2 - 4 pm, dinner buffet)
- Water, wine, and soft drinks with dinner
- Every Monday, barbecue in the country house with wine and desserts
- Sandwiches, bananas, and water during rides
- Traditional Romagna dinner with tasting of local homemade products and limoncello tasting session
- Admission to the Aqua Wellness Area complete with swimming pool, whirlpools, Turkish bath, and sauna
- Transfer service from/to Rimini airport and railway station (8 am to 10 pm)
- 15 touring cycles available for around town
- 15 Nordic Walking carbon poles for hiking
- 5 Guided excursions (several groups of different levels, each with a maximum of 15 to 18 cyclists)
- Laundry service for biking gear and shoe dryer (must purchase laundry bag @ €8)
- 50 detailed cycling routes
- Mechanical assistance
- Replacement bike if needed
- In house mechanic for small repairs and fine tuning
- Fully equipped workshop and washing area
- Storeroom for personal bikes
- Internet point and wireless connection
What’s Not Included
- Road bike rental available, payable upon arrival.
- Look, Shimano SPD, Shimano SPD-SL or normal pedals provided. We recommend bringing your own pedals and cycling shoes
- Tourist tax
- Travel Insurance
Preferred arrivals are on Saturday from March through November. Arrivals on other days are possible upon request.
This Italy bike tour is considered moderate to difficult, choose to ride for your level of fitness (see Day-to-Day).
You can choose from various levels of difficulty and miles to bike each day. There are several groups of different levels departing each day. Below are examples of itineraries between 30 and 90 miles. Every day, except on Wednesdays and Saturdays you can go out with a guide who accompanies the different groups. Every evening the route of the next day will be discussed.
1. The "Cappucino Light" group cycles between 60 to 70 km per day, average speed 16-18 km/hr. For cyclists who are not as well-trained and enjoy climbing at a lower and less intensive speed. The distances are shorter and the average speed is moderate.
2. The “Cappuccino” group rides between 70 to 90 km per day with an average of 19 - 21 km/hr. This is for cyclists who not only love to cycle but also to enjoy nature and landscapes. Recommended for fairly well trained cyclists.
3. The “Super Cappuccino” is designed for the more competitive minded cyclist. This group covers 80 - 100 km but at a speed of 22-24 km/hr. Recommended for only well trained cyclists.
4. The “Limoncino” group is for very well-trained riders who desire a constant challenge and are accustomed to high mileage. Average speed about 26 - 28 km per hour and from 90 to 120 km per day.
Sample of a weekly program:
Saturday: Arrival and accommodation in room, assembly or pick up of rental bike. Take a ride around Riccione at your leisure! Welcome drink at 6, presentation of program.
9.30 am: Ready, set, go!!! All the groups are off and the fun is about to begin! To insure the formation of groups at a uniform level, after an hour or about 20/25 km, in a pre-established place, it is possible to change groups.
After 3 to 4 hours of cycling all the groups will meet in Vecciano at the "country house". Barbecue with piada, grilled meat and vegetables, pizza, spaghetti, focaccia and lots of good wine! Special tasting of family balsamic vinegar.
12.00 pm: Anyone accompanying cyclists can join the fun thanks to a minibus transfer service.
5.30 pm Cyclist's street market
8.30 am: A day dedicated to special excursions with an early departure and return envisioned at around 3.00/4.00 pm. The different itineraries will be presented to you upon arrival.
7.00 pm: Oktoberfest BEER evening with dinner and unlimited free beer for everyone at the restaurant followed by "Disco 90`s party" with Dj Maurino every week.
Rest day, free excursions or excursions based on the suggestions of the guides
In the morning, trip by minibus and visit to one of the most famous cycle shops in Romagna and in the afternoon, a visit to the Republic of San Marino is possible.
7.00 pm: traditional "Romagna dinner” with tasting of typical local products, all homemade, Sangiovese wine and limoncino tasting session
Excursions for all groups based on the program.
The “Cappuccino Light” will go on a tour that includes a stop to sample some typical products such as olive oil, wine, cheeses, cold cuts and cakes at a holiday farm.
Excursions for all groups based on the program. In the evening “Flavors and Fragrances Dinner”. At 9.00 pm, evening with photos and prizes.