Contest & Giveaways
Hello Tripsite Travelers!
On this page you will find information about our Monthly Photo Contest and 2016 Trip Giveaway!
- Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited to 25 photos and 3 videos per guest per trip
- Winner will be entered into our Trip Giveaway for a chance to win up to €1,500 in credit!
- Winners will be announced monthly
- All submissions must be submitted 7 days before the end of the month
- All entries must be submitted by email
- Image files must be 72 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB and JPEG format
- Winners announced/notified last day of the month
Terms and Conditions
Limited to 25 photos and 3 videos per guest per trip. Should Tripsite choose you (the “Contestant”) as the winner of our Monthly Photo Contest, you will qualify for our Trip Giveaway (the "Photographer/Videographer"). Trip credit is applicable to any trip booked after securing winnings and has no expiration date. The Photographer/Videographer will be notified of use by e-mail. If you are selected, Tripsite has the right to use your name on the our website, any/all social media outlets, email and print publications. Tripsite also retains the right to reuse photos/videos at will, for all time, for no additional payment.
One winner will be announced monthly. All submissions must be submitted 7 days before the end of the month in which the contest is taking place. All photos submitted after that time will automatically be entered into the next month contest. The winner will be announced/notified by email on the last day of the month. The winner will also be announced on the Photo Section of Tripsite’s Blog and our social media outlets. Tripsite reserves the right to carry submissions over to the next month due to either the number or quality of photo submissions.
Entries must be submitted by email. Submissions must be labeled with the entrant’s name and a brief caption explaining the context in which the photo was taken. Image files must be 72 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. Photographic submissions must be in JPEG FORMAT (.jpeg or .jpg). Video submissions must be less than 2 minutes in length. Please submit only original content. Tripsite reserves the right to deny any submission that may be deemed as inappropriate. Tripsite retains full editorial control over the selection of/decision not to select, any particular submission for promotional use. By submitting photo/video material you (the “Contestant”) agree that the materials are solely your original work and have read and understand the terms above.
We are excited to be offering three chances to win Tripsite tour credit this year!
First Place: €1,500 tour credit
Second Place: €1,000 tour credit
Third Place: €500
How to enter:
1. Submit a travel blog* sharing your experience while on one our outstanding tours! (*See Blog Guidelines below)
2. Give us feedback by writing a review on our Facebook, Post Travel Survey, or Customer Feedback on the specific tour page.
- Blog Entries should be sent to email@example.com
- Blogs should be shared/attached as either a Google Doc or Microsoft Word Doc
- Provide a headshot of yourself and a one-sentence bio to accompany your story
- Reviews and Feedback will automatically enter you in the running upon completion (An email receipt will be sent upon successful submission)
- All submissions must be in by December 1, 2016.
*Travel Blog Guidelines:
- Must have traveled with us in 2015-2016
- Between 500-1200 Words in length
- Must contain at least 10 photos
- Photos must be inserted within the body of the blog with detailed captions (Do not send multiple emails or attachments)
What do we mean by Blog Entry?
- An account of the entire tour experience. This can be broken down by day or can simply be an account of the entire tour.
- We aren’t looking for “Today, I rode my bike. It was fun. Then I ate some tasty food…” You can do much better than that...and you are going to have to if you plan on winning our Grand Prize!
- We are looking for a vivid and exciting account of your travels. Push yourself creatively to dig deeper than just a description. You are telling a story, your story. Your emotion, wonder, and excitement should shine through and leave the reader wanting more!
- Come up with an angle. Don’t just write about your itinerary. Go beyond and explore new things (That is the best way to travel). Example: What’s special? What’s new, old, first, best, worst? What’s exciting? Apply these angles to subjects like food, culture, religion, architecture, customs, entertainment or pretty much anything else travel related and you will have ENDLESS WRITING POSSIBILITIES!
- Have a plan. Do your research before you leave. This way you will be educated/informed and won’t be overwhelmed with information on the road. This will allow you to enjoy the moment and absorb and observe instead or scribble down notes!
- Use a good camera. You want the quality of your photos to match the quality of your writing and you want them both to be as good as possible. Today, smartphones have great cameras. If you don’t have a phone with a camera it might be worth while to invest in a good digital camera (Again, do some research).
- Use spell check. Please check your articles for correct spelling and grammar. We will make minor corrections but will reject articles with too many errors.
- Use an active voice rather than passive. Write with the subject doing the verb. Example: The man rides the bike.
- Don't be long-winded. Instead, be clear, concise, and to the point.
Terms and Conditions:
Limited to one blog entry/review/feedback post per guest per trip. Should Tripsite choose you (the “Contestant”) as the winner/second place winner of our Trip Giveaway, €2500/1500 in Tripsite trip credit will be awarded to you. Trip credit is applicable to any future Tripsite trip and has an expiration date of three (3) years from date of from the date the participant was notified. You (“The Participant”) will be notified by email upon success submission. If you are selected Tripsite has the right to use your name and blog post on the Tripsite website, any/all social media outlets, email and print publications. Tripsite also retains the right to reuse any supplementary photos/videos at will, for all time, for no additional payment.
Winners will be announced December 2016. All submissions must be submitted by December 1, 2016. All blogs/reviews/feedback submitted after that time will not be accepted. The winners will be notified by email. The winners will also be announced on the Photo Section of Tripsite’s Blog and our social media outlets.
Entries must be submitted by email. Entries must be labeled with the entrant’s name and image files must be 72 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. Photographic Submissions must be in JPEG FORMAT (.jpeg or .jpg). Blog posts, pictures, reviews, and feedback MUST be original content. Tripsite condones the use of materials that are not the sole intellectual property of the contestant. Tripsite reserves the right to deny any submission that may be deemed as inappropriate, does not meet our standards or do not meet the above-stated guidelines. Tripsite retains full editorial control over the selection of/decision not to select, any particular submission for promotional use. By submitting a blog post/photo/review/feedback you (the “Contestant”) agree that the materials are solely your original work and have read and understand the terms above.