Ambassador’s House extraordinary private estate
5 bedroom Sri Lanka villa in Galle
Tucked within Galle’s historic seventeenth century fortress on the south coast of Sri Lanka, this majestic five-bedroom private villa, the former residence of the Sri Lankan Ambassador to Pakistan, Iraq and Bangladesh is bursting with colonial charm.Book This Villa
Show More Show Less
- 5 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
Ambassador’s House boasts abundant living space, including a roof terrace and huge lounge, as well as an elongated swimming pool and a lush, palm-shaded courtyard. An experienced staff team, including a private chef, welcome guests with traditional Sri Lankan hospitality and tend to every need to ensure that families and friends can relax and cherish their time soaking up the nostalgia of these elegant surroundings.
- Air conditioned bedrooms
- Baby cot
- Barbecue grill
- Dining for 10
- Fan-cooled lounge
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Furnished veranda
- High chair
- Pavilion with sofas
- Plunge pool
- Stairgates and playpen for baby
- TV lounge with 42-inch screen
- Telephone for local calls
- Tropical gardens
- Wireless internet
- iPod Docking Station
- Private plunge pool
- Bedroom 1 (Master): King size bed, en-suite bathroom, rattan planter's lounge, antique wardrobe, private living space, direct access to roof terrace, air conditioning, fan-cooled, linen mosquito net
- Bedroom 2: Two double beds, en-suite bathroom, direct access to roof terrace via a private veranda, antique wardrobe, air conditioning, fan-cooled, linen mosquito net
- Bedroom 3: Double size bed, en-suite bathroom, access to plunge pool, air conditioning, fan-cooled, linen mosquito nets
- Bedroom 4: Double size bed, en-suite bathroom, access to plunge pool, air conditioning, fan-cooled, linen mosquito nets
- Bedroom 5: Double size bed, en-suite bathroom, access to plunge pool, air conditioning, fan-cooled, linen mosquito nets
- Villa supervisor
- Service staff
- 24-Hour security
- Car and driver - 24 hours prior notice
- Galle - 0.6 miles
- Unawatuna - 3.7 miles
- Dalawella - 4.3 miles
- Thalpe - 4.9 miles
- Hikkaduwa - 12.4 miles
- Mirissa - 24.8 miles
- Matara - 27.9 miles
- Tangalle - 49.7
- Colombo - 72.7 miles
- International Airport - 90 miles
- Kandy - 144 miles
- Dambulla - 164 miles
- Nuwara Eliya - 180.1 miles
- Seemingly timeless, Galle Fort’s richly historic walls have given shelter to a dizzying array of merchants, traders, colonialists and foreign nationals over the years, who have all left their indelible mark on this seventeenth century Dutch fortress. Narrow streets bearing English and Dutch names exhibit an astounding concentration of colonial properties whose delicate fretwork, magnificent columns and ornate plasterwork constantly inspire.
- Walk atop the fort’s grassy western ramparts are a highlight for many and these stoic walls, mere footsteps from your front door, are the venue for boisterous cricket matches, couples stealing private moments together and kamikaze jumpers launching themselves into the sea below. Museums showcasing the fort’s rich history plus many restaurants, street side cafes and independent boutiques are a five-minute walk away.
- Ambassador’s House is exceptionally well equipped for families. Facilities include a high chair; baby cot; car seat; books; games; stair gates; playpen; baby bath; changing mat.
- On request, and for an additional charge, your villa supervisor can arrange for a car and driver. Please give 24 hours prior notice.
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate July 1, 2022 – August 31, 2022 3 bedrooms 3 nights minimum stay $ 505 USD nightly $ 3,535 USD weekly July 1, 2022 – August 31, 2022 5 bedrooms 3 nights minimum stay $ 720 USD nightly $ 5,040 USD weekly September 1, 2022 – November 30, 2022 3 bedrooms 2 nights minimum stay $ 420 USD nightly $ 2,940 USD weekly September 1, 2022 – November 30, 2022 5 bedrooms 2 nights minimum stay $ 600 USD nightly $ 4,200 USD weekly December 1, 2022 – December 19, 2022 3 bedrooms 3 nights minimum stay $ 505 USD nightly $ 3,535 USD weekly December 1, 2022 – December 19, 2022 5 bedrooms 3 nights minimum stay $ 720 USD nightly $ 5,040 USD weekly December 20, 2022 – January 3, 2023 • Christmas / New Year's 5 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 950 USD nightly $ 6,650 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: Please note that tax and service charge are included in the rates. Discounted nightly rates may apply to stays of 7 nights or longer. Please inquire.
- Security deposit: Equal to one night's rent.