Show More Show Less
- 9 bedrooms
- 9.5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 18
The Villa Camelia complex consists of two connecting buildings, extending over two floors. The first area, referred to as The Landlords Residence blends naturally into the Saloni al Mare or Lounges on the Sea, consisting of large, common areas where all the guests can unite. Wide lounges with marble floors, vaulted ceilings, antique crystal lamps, important pieces of antique furniture, and renowned works of art reflect the owner's sophisticated taste as a true art lover and expert.
The elegant entrance door welcomes guests into the main hall. A warm welcome is given by the elegant and majestic hall lined with a black and white marble floor and lined with decorative mirrors. A modern art sculpture reflects the mixture of antique and modern, which characterize the setting of the entire villa. Antique mirrors with crystal wall lamps create a lovely contrast between modern and antique, as seen throughout the entire property. Upon walking through the hall, one enters into the living area furnished with marble tables. Sofas and various pockets for reading and relaxation, all arranged around the large fireplace, allows you to enjoy important pieces of history and art such as the one-of-a-kind mosaics hanging on the walls depicting the era of Roman Pompei. A corridor with a glass-door opening on to the left side, towards a terrace area behind the villa, takes you to the lemon trees from where you can enjoy a view out onto the hillside. The left side of the corridor leads to the bedroom and kitchen areas.
One of the most pleasant areas of the villa is the large, circular shaped, elegant library. Here, you truly feel like you are immersed in a special atmosphere which characterizes the villa's history. The warm colors of the entire area is a contrast against the black marble floor. The library boasts a relaxation area comfortably furnished with sofas, benches with cushions, couches, and as marble topped table. A great selection of books are at guest's disposal and the oriental carpet collects the colors which characterize the library. The ambient is furnished with built-in marble columns, 2 large antique terracotta vases, antique mirrors, and a large marble fireplace that completes its aristocratic style and creates a space dedicated to reading. The room also boasts several balcony areas which opens out to the back of the villa.
Five steps down from the main level is a corridor which leads to five of the nine double bedrooms. These five, double bedrooms all enjoy important antiques and accent pieces, such as large, Chinese porcelain vases, fragments of antique Roman statues, and mosaic decor set into the marble floor and antique mirrors. Some of the bedrooms boast wrought-iron, baldachin beds and important paintings of modern art and all enjoy the comfort of en-suite, hand tiled bathrooms with, towel dryers, hairdryers, and either a shower box or bathtub.
The end of the corridor brings you, to the left, to a natural, stone wall, once part of an authentic Anglo-French fort. On the left side lays a sliding glass door leading out to a courtyard with potted greenery and six white columns. Three steps up lies the service area with the laundry. The end of the corridor, to the right, leads to the main dining room. To enter the dining room means to enter one of the most elegant common areas in the entire villa. The bright and full of natural light dining room encompasses the villas indoor dining area. As soon as you enter, your sight is captured by a Lapis Lazuli octagonal table, seating 8. Marble columns, beautiful paintings, crystal lamps, one working fireplace, and a large glass door with an enchanting sea view fill this elegant space. Two French doors open onto a terrace facing directly above the sea, while a door leads to the living room which does not lack style and atmosphere. Newly redecorated in minimalist-decor the living room boasts vaulted ceilings with stucco decor, black and white marble floors, beautiful candelabra and a crystal lamp. Sofas and armchairs and glass tables make for comfortable seating in front of the fireplace, while two large windows with great sea views and two French doors open out onto the terrace. Beautiful paintings, pieces of modern art and a large, grand piano complete the decor of this prestigious living area.
To the right hand lies a traditional, industrial kitchen, laid out over two areas. The first area enjoys a sink, a six range stove top, large oven, microwave oven, work table, refrigerator and freezer, and an electrical coffee machine. The second area enjoys a double-sink and a dishwasher. The garden lays right out side the kitchen.
The first floor and its four luxurious suites can be reached from either the hall, the main corridor, or from the garden. 15 Steps lead from the hall along a marble staircase up to the first two suites.
The Garden, Boat Pier, & Private Sea Access
The entrance to the villa leads, on one side, directly into the immaculate, private garden. To the left lies the main entrance escorting you in to a majestic hall. To the right lies the wide, English garden with paved alleyways groomed with natural stone and stone sculptures. The gardens scenery changes according to the season and the area abounds with pine, oak, & palm trees, Magnolia, palm trees, Camelie, and flower beds; a lemon groove and large terracotta pots are planted with flowers. The garden also boasts great external lighting and an audio system. A second level of of the garden holds a lovely vegetable garden offering villa guests the best of the seasons fresh vegetables, matured naturally under the Mediterranean Sun; tomatoes, eggplants, courgettes, fresh herbs, basil, and hot peppers to name just a few.
A lovely area in the garden is the large, marble paved terrace facing the sea and offering the best views out onto the bay of Naples. The terrace is furnished with iron cast tables, lounge chairs, and benches where guests can enjoy the silent sounds of the sea below and listen with pleasure to the boats silently passing by the waterfront from the Grotta Azzurra. Here one can truly admire the wonders of nature while enjoying its peace and quiet. A large round table with chairs and a second, rectangular table with chars, as well as several smaller tables with chairs and benches make up super comfortable garden seating areas and more than enough space for outdoor dining for the largest of groups. An easy, panoramic, and comfortable pedestrian path of about 150 steps leads from the garden down to the sea, passing through a pleasant, shaded wooded area filled with olive trees and Mediterranean herbs. The path leads to a private sundeck, platform, and boat dock. The area is furnished with lounge chairs, umbrellas, & beach towels and cold drinks and snacks can be stocked in the refrigerator and kitchenette located at sea level. Staff can serve lunch here as well.
Click here for more information regarding the history of the villa.
- Air conditioning (Bedrooms, bathrooms on the first floor, library, living room, dining room)
- Boat dock
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Furnished poolside area
- Hairdryer (all bedrooms)
- Heating (Bedrooms, bathrooms, library, living room and dining room)
- Immaculate gardens
- Jacuzzi at the Sea level
- Laundry facilities
- Outdoor dining area
- Outdoor lightning and audio system
- Private sea access
- Satellite TV
- Staffed Villa
- Telephone with land line
- Wi-Fi in the villa and on the outdoor terrace
- Swimming pool (1.30 x 4 x 8 meters)
- Bedroom 1 - Rose (Ground Floor): Located four steps up from the main corridor, the first bedroom is a double with baldachin bed and terracotta tile floor. The room is furnished with two wood benches, a wardrobe, and a writing desk with chair; en-suite bathroom with white tiles and shower box
- Bedroom 2 - Flora (Ground Floor): French bed with hand painted wall décor by a well known Italian Artist, tiled floor, and built-in wardrobe; en-suite bathroom with white tiles and bathtub
- Bedroom 3 - Bianca (Ground Floor): Baldachin wrought-iron double bed, terracotta tile floors, and a wardrobe. Access from the bedroom through a set of French doors out to a small courtyard. En-suite bathroom with an open shower
- Bedroom 4 - Alexandre (Ground Floor): Iron double bed, tile floors and wardrobe. Access from the bedroom through French doors out to a small courtyard. En-suite bathroom with shower box
- Bedroom 5 - (Ground Floor): Baldachin wrought-iron double bed and wardrobe. Access from the bedroom through a French door out to a small courtyard. Small en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 6 - Violetta (First Floor): Master Suite with two wide, panoramic windows overlooking the garden, offering guests an amazing sea view. A Baldachin double bed, chaise lounge, small table, writing desk with chair, and working fireplace add to the vaulted ceiling, large mirror, antique furniture, and crystal lamp which complete the elegance of the master suite. The suite boasts a large, en-suite bathroom with walls in mother of pearl, marble floors, and a bathtub adorned by red marble
- Bedroom 7 - Alfredo (First Floor): Reachable up 19 steps from the garden, lies the second suite with a double bed. Two French doors facing the garden offer unique sea views and the suite boasts dark red, marble floors, vaulted ceilings, crystal lamps, and a writing desk. There is a private, external bathroom with access from the wardrobe area of the suite. The bath enjoys white hand-made tile floors and a large shower
- Bedroom 8 - Margherita (First Floor): Accessible up 19 steps from the courtyard, the third suite enjoys a small living area with terracotta tile floors, 2 sofas, and several couches. There is a window facing the courtyard and vaulted ceilings abound, while a crystal lamp, ample closet and en-suite bathroom with white tile floors and shower box finish the decor
- Bedroom 9 - Duval (First Floor): Accessible up 25 steps from the ground floor lies the fourth suite featuring a small living area with sofa and writing desk. There is a bedroom with a Baldachin double bed, an authentic, antique stove with ceramic tiles, imported from Germany. A window in the suite faces the lovely lemon grove behind of the house. There is a built-in wardrobe and a black and white marble bathroom four steps up and boasting a bathtub and a large mirror
- All bathrooms are en-suite
- Villa manager: 8 hours per day
- Cook: one meal per day ( lunch or dinner )
- Two waiters/cooking assistants: one meal per day (lunch or dinner)
- Two maids: each working 10 hours per day
- Housekeeper: taking care of bed/bath linen
- Beach side attendant: 7 hours per day
- Gardener and pool care taker
- Daily continental breakfast is included in the rental rate
- Bed linen in changes twice per week
- Bath linen is changed daily
- Grocery service/villa pre-stocking
- Extra cleaning service
- Laundry/ironing service
- Porter service
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Chef / Cooking class
- Boat tour
- Villa Camelia lays directly seaside, right above the shoreline, immersed in a vast area of gardens and terraces. The property is built above the former villa Palatium or The Palace by the Sea, of Roman Emperor Caesar Augusts. Some of the original villa’s remains can still be seen in parts of the property.
- Villa is easily reached by a walking path of 150 meters
- Air conditioning/heating, water, electricity, and gas are included in the rates
- Maximum 18 guests + 2 on request (double sofa bed)
- Check-in time: 3.00 PM to 8.00 PM
- Check-out time: before 10.30 AM
- Sorry, no pets
- Children welcome
- Ideal for unique private rentals or events (upon request only)
- Copy of passport and permanent home address of each guest to be provided prior to check-in
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate Available? July 1, 2021 – August 31, 2021 • Reduced staff: maid service, housekeeper, gardener & daily breakfast 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 11,250 USD nightly $ 78,750 USD weekly Booked Fully booked (no dates available) July 1, 2021 – August 31, 2021 • Full Staff 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 13,930 USD nightly $ 97,500 USD weekly Booked Fully booked (no dates available) September 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021 • Reduced staff: maid service, housekeeper, gardener & daily breakfast 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 9,815 USD nightly $ 68,700 USD weekly Booked Fully booked (no dates available) September 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021 • Full Staff 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 11,787 USD nightly $ 82,500 USD weekly Booked Fully booked (no dates available) October 1, 2021 – October 31, 2021 • Reduced staff: maid service, housekeeper, gardener & daily breakfast 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 8,250 USD nightly $ 57,750 USD weekly Booked Fully booked (no dates available) October 1, 2021 – October 31, 2021 • Full Staff 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 9,000 USD nightly $ 63,000 USD weekly Booked Fully booked (no dates available)
- Security deposit: €5,000
MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Inquire about booking this villa
More villas you might like
11 bedroom 11 bath Italy villa in Amalfi Coast
Overlooking the extraordinary Gulf of Naples with the imposing Mount Vesuvius on the horizon, the three-floor Villa Dodola rests in a quiet and private part of the hills between the Sorrentino and the Amalfi coasts, only a few kilometers from the lively Sorrento, and just a 20-minute drive from the sandy beach of Massa Lubrense.