Caneel Trailside Cottage
2 bedroom US Virgin Islands villa in St. John
Caneel Trailside Cottage sits one mile outside Cruz Bay, high up on the ridge in the saddle between Caneel Hill and Margaret Hill, adjacent to the Virgin Islands National Park.Book This Villa
Show More Show Less
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
Forty yards from the backyard, through National Park land, is Caneel Hill Trail, which drops down to the secluded white sand beaches on the North Shore (Honeymoon Beach, Caneel Bay and Solomon Bay) in less than 45 minutes, and drops down to the town of Cruz Bay with a half-hour hike in the other direction. A 1/4-mile hike brings you to the Caneel Hill Observation Platform, where you can see a 360-degree view of both the Caribbean and Atlantic as well as the entire Western Half of St John. From Caneel Trailside Cottage’s doorstep you can literally hike through the forest to get everywhere you will need to be on the western half of St. John.
A lush garden surrounds the private brick patio that encloses a swimming pool with teak poolside chaises and a barbecue area. A wide shaded veranda for outdoor dining and relaxing adds great space to enjoy the breeze and idle away from it all. The veranda looks out over the southwest end of St. John and offers expansive views of the Caribbean all the way to St. Croix. The house was built in 2005 and everything is high quality, state of the art, and in perfect condition.
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Cable TV
- Safe provided
- Wireless internet
- Swimming pool - 20 feet x 10 feet
- Two king beds (one converts to twins)
- Convertible couch (queen) in great room
- One Pack n' Play Crib
- No smoking
- Children welcome
- All villas are equipped with washer and dryer
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate January 4, 2022 – April 15, 2022 • Rate for 4 guests 2 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 572 USD nightly $ 4,000 USD weekly April 16, 2022 – November 18, 2022 • Rate for 4 guests 2 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 458 USD nightly $ 3,200 USD weekly November 26, 2022 – December 16, 2022 • Rate for 4 guests 2 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 458 USD nightly $ 3,200 USD weekly December 17, 2022 – January 3, 2023 • Christmas / New Year's 2 bedrooms 10 nights minimum stay $ 686 USD nightly $ 4,800 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: Rates for St. John villas are subject to 12.5% tax. Please add a $50 non-refundable damage deposit to all rates. Special rates apply for holiday dates. Bookings at this villa are non-refundable. All rates are based on double occupancy per room, with the exception of children age 2 - under. A $50 per person, per night fee applies for extra guests above maxium occupancy, subject to owner approval. A mandatory cleaning fee applies for stays of less than 5 nights. One complimentary greeting is included with each reservation. If you arrive later than 9:00 pm on St. John there is a charge of $65 for your arrival. If a reservation is discounted or for four days or less there is an arrival charge of $65. If an arrival takes place on a major holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) the arrival fee is $100 Christmas/New Year's: 10 nights required for 1 holiday; 14 nights required for stays falling on both holidays.
- Security deposit: €7,000 Pre-collected