Show More Show Less
- 7 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Sleeps 13
The area is still among the most unspoiled ones in Tuscany. It offers a very wild and fascinating landscape that embraces a rich flora and fauna including roe-bucks, roe-deer and wild boars.
Villa di Montegemoli is an ancient residence which belongs to the same noble family since the 19th Century and it has been used by the family as summer residence. The property is part of an extensive estate of about 1,200 hectares, including a castle, an ancient hamlet and several farmhouses, all belonging to the same owners and boasting a rich history dating back to the 12th Century. Montegemoli was also the birthplace of Dante Alighieri's mother and there is a garden dedicated to her on the estate.
The location is particularly convenient for sightseeing and in short driving it is possible to reach the famous Tuscan town of Volterra, as well as the beaches or wine destinations such as Bolgheri, famous for the Sassicaia wine. The villa was built on three floors and the ground floor is reserved to the staff, who takes care of the property and provides a full time cooking and maid service. The interiors offer wide rooms furnished in a classic style with pieces of antiques belonging to the family for generations.
Spending a holiday in Villa di Montegemoli is like taking a leap in the past with an authentic retro atmosphere. The swimming pool is located in a large flat area surrounded by century-old trees and plants, at less than 100 meters from the villa.
- Staff area (entrance, Kitchen, dinette, laundry room)
- Entrance opening to a terrace equipped for outdoor meals
- Dining room with fireplace
- Bar corner and serving hatch
- Sitting room with fireplace
- Reading room
- Master suite composed by sitting room, twin bedroom, bathroom
- Guest bathroom
- Twin bedroom and single bedroom sharing a bathroom (shower only)
- 3 Twin bedrooms and a kids bedroom sharing 2 bathrooms (one with bath-tub and separate shower and one with bath)
- Central heating
- Swimming pool size (meters): 14 x 6
- Pool is open from May 28 to October 1
- Beaches 30 km away
- Two maids provide service 4 hours a day each, 5 days a week, preparing a continental breakfast, dinner and a general cleaning of the house
- Closest restaurant 0.5 km
- Saline (shops) 8 km
- Ponteginori (shops) 7 km
- Pomarance (supermarket) 9 km
- Volterrra 12 km
- Cecina motorway exit 28 km
- Bolgheri 32 km
- Siena 70 km
- Pisa airport 84 km
Pricing is available upon request. Please complete the form below to inquire about this villa and pricing.
- Tax and service charges: Tourist tax to be paid locally. Please add a 3% service charge to all rates.
- Security deposit: €1,300 - Pre-collected