Show More Show Less
- 8 bedrooms
- 8.5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 16
Reported on by Travel & Leisure, American Spa, Private Club etc., Eco Serendib has raised the bar in the luxury travel market. This villa & spa is extremely private and is positioned to provide one-of-a-kind, quintessentially bespoke indulgences. Eco Serendib boasts 8 luxuriously appointed bedrooms featuring king size beds. Each bedroom has its own private, full bathroom and views that stretch for miles, captivating you with its panorama of the Caribbean Sea’s crystal waters and the stunning southern coastline. Watch as the calm waters of Fish Bay change from azure to emerald right before your eyes. Refreshing tropical breezes encourage you to breathe in the natural serenity of St. John.
Whether you're staying for a family gathering, wellness journey, nuptial ceremony or corporate retreat, Eco Serendib Villa and Spa is sure to provide an ultra luxurious, holistic experience of the mind and body.
You may be accustomed to a five star resort, but you're also looking for eco-friendly accommodations. Growing consciousness of environmental responsibility leaves many travelers wondering if they must forsake luxuries and modern conveniences in favor of being eco-friendly. Eco Serendib has found balance with its carefully calculated blend of indulgence and sustainability.
Not only is St. John an exotic tropical destination, it is an island of significant history. In fact, 67% of the island was donated as a national park by Laurance Rockefeller. In keeping with Rockefeller’s vision of conservation, Eco Serendib is dedicated to offering world-class accommodations operating in harmony with the environment. In fact, Eco Serendib Villa and Spa surpasses expectations in terms of both luxury accommodations and environmental sensitivity.
Serendipity is defined as “making a fortunate discovery by chance.” The villa’s visionary, a proud American born in Sri Lanka, named the retreat after his birth country, which was once called the Island of Serendib. Standing on Point Rendezvous, overlooking the views stretching from Fish Bay to Ram Head, he was filled with a sense of tranquility and unruffled repose.
Eco Serendib offers 3 Tiers of Service Inclusions. To learn more about each tier, click HERE.
Eco Serendib Villa and Spa is a eco-friendly, luxury retreat that is setting new standards for eco-luxury on St. John, showcasing how luxury and ecologically sensitive products/systems can co-exist in harmony. Specific examples of eco-friendly elements include: 69 "Buy America" compliant Suniva solar panels, which significantly reduce carbon emissions, and Sub-Zero/Wolf's kitchen appliances, which are made from up to 75% recycled materials and use less energy than a 100-watt bulb. Susan Jablon Mosaics -- featured at the spa and in the pool area, are not only gorgeous but made from 100% recycled glass -- and the gorgeous mulch lining the walkways in the zen garden, produced by The Garden of Glass, is also made from recycled glass. The Andrew Morgan bedding is rich and luxurious yet made of sustainable, organic textile.
There is a grey water system for irrigation as well as three separate 20,000-gallon cisterns to collect rain water. The salt water pool eliminates the need for chlorine and other harsh, damaging chemicals. There is an organic "seed-to-plate" garden located right at the villa for fresh produce and herbs. And for those mixing business with pleasure, the business center technology offers the option for 100% paperless meetings.
Eco Serendib Spa
Our private, on-site spa includes a sauna, steam shower, and treatment room, relaxation lounge and sunken tub. Our menu of services includes couples massages, facials, manicures/pedicures, and body wraps.
Guests may enjoy complimentary 24-hour access to our on-site gym featuring state-of-the art cardio equipment and weights from Life Fitness.
An “epicurean theater” has been designed using Sub-Zero/Wolf’s “Living Kitchen” products and appliances. The “epicurean theater” concept, a first for the Caribbean, was created with interactive, theater-style dining in mind. Ten to twelve guests may sit around the granite countertop and enjoy live, educational demonstrations by professional chefs, or simply sit back and watch as a chef prepares their culinary masterpiece. Induction cook-tops, steamers, a wine cooler, and warming drawers fill this professional show kitchen.
During your stay at Eco Serendib, we can provide a professional chef to prepare your meals or you can do the cooking yourself. Dishes, glassware, flatware, cutlery, bakeware, serving pieces, and All-Clad cookware are all provided for your use. A coffee maker, toaster, and frozen drink maker top off the list of professional grade kitchen equipment.
Eco Serendib offers a wide range of services that will make your stay here one that you will cherish forever. Below is an overview of the services that will transform your event or getaway into an unforgettable experience.
- Anything is possible philosophy (with a minimum notice of 8 weeks we will cater to any wish & desire)
- Corporate retreats
- Leadership & team building activities
- Change management workshops
- Yoga, wellness & spa retreats
- Wine-tasting events featuring guest wine makers
- Exquisite barefoot weddings for up to 50 guests
- Private and celebrity chef service
- Locavore, “garden to plate” culinary events
- On-site concierge to arrange any services necessary to make your stay most pleasurable
Please contact us to learn about our custom "Experiential Experience" packages, including:
- Health and Wellness
- Land and Sea Adventure
Eco Serendib’s stunning views, luxurious accommodations, indulgent amenities, unparalleled service and unique locavore culinary concepts make it the perfect choice for your wedding, executive retreat or special event.
The villa is able to accommodate up to 50 people for weddings and special events. We will work with you to create an event that will blow-away even the most sophisticated traveler. With advance notice (we recommend a minimum of 8 weeks), we are able to accommodate your every wish or desire. Let your imagination run free.
- Air Conditioning
- Bedroom 1 (Cruz Bay Suite): King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, vaulted ceilings, sitting area, work desk, balcony, view of Fish Bay
- Bedroom 2 (Reef Bay Suite): King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, vaulted ceiling, work desk, view of the orchid garden
- Bedroom 3 (Cinnamon Bay Suite): King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, work desk, entrance via private staircase, ocean view
- Bedroom 4 (Turtle Bay Suite - lower level): King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, writing desk, sitting area, view of Fish bay and garden
- Bedroom 5 (Coral Suite - lower level): King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, view of the hillside
- Bedroom 6 (Spa Suite - lower level): King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, desk, Living Earth Craft "chill" lounger, balcony
- Bedroom 7 (Caneel Bay Suite): King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, writing desk, view of the bay
- Bedroom 8 (Presidential Suite): King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, kitchenette, living room, writing desk, private veranda with alfresco dining, private entrance to gym
- We welcome families but please note that the villa is not child-proof. Lessee accepts full responsibility for all guests including children.
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate January 6, 2022 – May 5, 2022 • Tier 2 7 bedrooms 8 nights minimum stay $ 6,100 USD nightly $ 42,700 USD weekly January 6, 2022 – May 5, 2022 • Tier 3 7 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 8,900 USD nightly $ 62,300 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: Please add 17.5% tax to all rates. Please add a 15% Facility Fee to all rates. Maximum occupancy: 2 per room. Children count toward total approved # of guests. Free mid-week cleaning service exclusive to Villas of Distinction bookings. Special Rate Consideration Given to Guests Who Donate to Island Green’s “Preserve St. John” Fund. Please inquire with a Villa Specialist for more information. For functions held at the villa attended by guests not staying at the villa, a special event fee will be charged. The fee, based on six hours, will include a Manager on Duty and a housekeeping staff member. Guests 17—24 ------------- $ 10,000.00 Guests 24- 30----------------$ 12,500.00 Guests 30- 40----------------$ 15,000.00 If you are on Tier 2 or 3 Guests 17- 24 --------------No extra charge. Guests 24-30----------------$ 1,500.00 Guests 30-40----------------$ 2,500.00
- Security deposit: $2,500 must be collected at time of booking. Final payment for this villa is due at 6 mos prior to travel. An additional damage deposit of $500 per child under six will be collected, up to $1,000.