Eco Serendib - Presidential Suite Travel Channel’s "Top Spot"
1 bedroom US Virgin Islands villa in St. John
Luxurious private spa retreat & organic garden-to-plate adventures. Indulge & experience luxury reserved for the privileged few.Book This Villa
Show More Show Less
- 1 bedroom
- 1 bathroom
- Sleeps 2
Reported on by Travel & Leisure, American Spa, Private Club etc., Eco Serendib has raised the bar in the luxury travel market. This villa & spa is extremely private and is positioned to provide one-of-a-kind, quintessentially bespoke indulgences. Eco Serendib offers views that stretch for miles, captivating you with its panorama of the Caribbean Sea’s crystal waters and the stunning southern coastline. Watch as the calm waters of Fish Bay change from azure to emerald right before your eyes. Refreshing tropical breezes encourage you to breathe in the natural serenity of St. John.Whether you're staying for a family gathering, wellness journey, nuptial ceremony or corporate retreat, Eco Serendib Villa and Spa is sure to provide an ultra luxurious, holistic experience of the mind and body.
You may be accustomed to a five star resort, but you're also looking for eco-friendly accommodations. Growing consciousness of environmental responsibility leaves many travelers wondering if they must forsake luxuries and modern conveniences in favor of being eco-friendly. Eco Serendib has found balance with its carefully calculated blend of indulgence and sustainability.
Not only is St. John an exotic tropical destination, it is an island of significant history. In fact, 67% of the island was donated as a national park by Laurance Rockefeller. In keeping with Rockefeller’s vision of conservation, Eco Serendib is dedicated to offering world-class accommodations operating in harmony with the environment. In fact, Eco Serendib Villa and Spa surpasses expectations in terms of both luxury accommodations and environmental sensitivity.
Serendipity is defined as “making a fortunate discovery by chance.” The villa’s visionary, a proud American born in Sri Lanka, named the retreat after his birth country, which was once called the Island of Serendib. Standing on Point Rendezvous, overlooking the views stretching from Fish Bay to Ram Head, he was filled with a sense of tranquility and unruffled repose.
Eco Serendib offers 3 Tiers of Service Inclusions. To learn more about each tier, click HERE.
The Presidential Suite at Eco Serendib is possibly the most magnificent suite in the U.S. Virgin Islands. The suite is accessed from an interior landing with a hand-carved mahogany staircase leading to an inlaid marble floor. This grand staircase is a bride's dream for photography; the stately full length makeup mirror and dressing area offer plenty of space to get ready. Hanging majestically 24 feet above the floor is a stunning seashell chandelier. A concealed kitchenette area with Sub-Zero refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker, can be found in the grand entrance area, along with a comfortable writing desk.
Not only does the Presidential Suite offer the highest level of luxury, but this suite offers utmost privacy, as well. A Cyprus ceiling hangs over the sleeping area creating a cozy feel. This suite, with its private living room is the perfect place to relax. Two sets of French doors lead to the private veranda that has a pair of lounge chairs as well as a private dining table for a romantic dinner for two. There is also a private entrance to the gym off the veranda.
The bathroom suite is not to be overlooked. It contains a rare onyx counter top from Kohler’s designer series, Maharani Sinks, which is inspired the exotic Indian culture. The other hard goods in the bathroom are decorated with a special technique that creates raised ruby-like flowers with 24k gold tendrils. A unique “tea for two” chromatherapy bathtub by Kohler has been placed to offer magnificent views of Fish Bay. Perhaps the most unique feature of this tub is the location of the faucet. When designing the bathroom, the owner did not want the dazzling views to be obstructed by a faucet, so the faucet was strategically placed in the ceiling. Not only does this design make for an unobstructed view, but also creates a unique soaking experience as it is visually stunning to see the water gently streaming from the ceiling as you relax in the tub.
A crystal chandelier hangs from the ceiling, lending a touch of elegance. An adjoining room provides a shower, bidet and toilet with large windows that open to breathtaking views.
Eco Serendib Villa and Spa is a eco-friendly, luxury retreat that is setting new standards for eco-luxury on St. John, showcasing how luxury and ecologically sensitive products/systems can co-exist in harmony. Specific examples of eco-friendly elements include: 69 "Buy America" compliant Suniva solar panels, which significantly reduce carbon emissions, and Sub-Zero/Wolf's kitchen appliances, which are made from up to 75% recycled materials and use less energy than a 100-watt bulb. Susan Jablon Mosaics -- featured at the spa and in the pool area, are not only gorgeous but made from 100% recycled glass -- and the gorgeous mulch lining the walkways in the zen garden, produced by The Garden of Glass, is also made from recycled glass. The Andrew Morgan bedding is rich and luxurious yet made of sustainable, organic textile.
There is a grey water system for irrigation as well as three separate 20,000-gallon cisterns to collect rain water. The salt water pool eliminates the need for chlorine and other harsh, damaging chemicals. There is an organic "seed-to-plate" garden located right at the villa for fresh produce and herbs. And for those mixing business with pleasure, the business center technology offers the option for 100% paperless meetings.
Eco Serendib Spa
Our private, on-site spa includes a sauna, steam shower, and treatment room, relaxation lounge and sunken tub. Our menu of services includes couples massages, facials, manicures/pedicures, and body wraps.
Guests may enjoy complimentary 24-hour access to our on-site gym featuring state-of-the art cardio equipment and weights from Life Fitness.
An “epicurean theater” has been designed using Sub-Zero/Wolf’s “Living Kitchen” products and appliances. The “epicurean theater” concept, a first for the Caribbean, was created with interactive, theater-style dining in mind. Ten to twelve guests may sit around the granite countertop and enjoy live, educational demonstrations by professional chefs, or simply sit back and watch as a chef prepares their culinary masterpiece. Induction cook-tops, steamers, a wine cooler, and warming drawers fill this professional show kitchen.
During your stay at Eco Serendib, we can provide a professional chef to prepare your meals or you can do the cooking yourself. Dishes, glassware, flatware, cutlery, bakeware, serving pieces, and All-Clad cookware are all provided for your use. A coffee maker, toaster, and frozen drink maker top off the list of professional grade kitchen equipment.
Eco Serendib offers a wide range of services that will make your stay here one that you will cherish forever. Below is an overview of the services that will transform your event or getaway into an unforgettable experience.
- Anything is possible philosophy (with a minimum notice of 8 weeks we will cater to any wish & desire)
- Corporate retreats
- Leadership & team building activities
- Change management workshops
- Yoga, wellness & spa retreats
- Wine-tasting events featuring guest wine makers
- Exquisite barefoot weddings for up to 50 guests
- Private and celebrity chef service
- Locavore, “garden to plate” culinary events
- On-site concierge to arrange any services necessary to make your stay most pleasurable
Please contact us to learn about our custom "Experiential Experience" packages, including:
- Health and Wellness
- Land and Sea Adventure
Eco Serendib’s stunning views, luxurious accommodations, indulgent amenities, unparalleled service and unique locavore culinary concepts make it the perfect choice for your wedding, executive retreat or special event.
The villa is able to accommodate up to 50 people for weddings and special events. We will work with you to create an event that will blow-away even the most sophisticated traveler. With advance notice (we recommend a minimum of 8 weeks), we are able to accommodate your every wish or desire. Let your imagination run free…
- 600 thread count bed linens
- Baby grand piano
- Bath sheets in addition to bath towels
- Boardroom with business center capabilities
- Daily refresher housekeeping and nightly turndown service
- Decadent Andrew Morgan Collection bedding
- Epicurean Theater with a “living kitchen” concept by Sub-Zero/Wolf
- Fitness center by Life Fitness
- Full menu of signature spa services including massages, facials, wraps, soaks, and nail treatments
- Gourmet five to seven course wine-tasting dinners (Additional charges apply)
- Local and onsite team includes: villa manager, maintenance director, chef, spa director, horticulturist and experience manager for social events
- Massaging Sensi slippers
- One of the largest formal dining tables on St. John (seats 16)
- Only spa on island offering infrared sauna, steam shower, and “soak” tub
- Onsite spa director trained by Sodashi
- Opportunity to harvest bounty from our organic garden under the direction of a highly respected horticulturist (Additional charges apply)
- Outdoor Wolf kitchen
- Private spa exclusively featuring Sodashi products (Additional charges apply)
- The only spa that defines “one hour” treatments as 65 minutes!
- Unrivaled airport meet and greet experience in an air-conditioned vehicle offering chilled beverages, and cold towels (Additional charges apply)
- Your choice of Clarins or Thierry Muggler bath amenities
- Your choice of plush Frette robe or luxuriously light-weight spa robe
- Zen garden with the aromatic fragrances of gardenia, jasmine and orchid
- “Locavore experience” packages – learn to cook a special meal from our master chef! (Additional charges apply)
- Our salt-infused swimming pool is enhanced with a custom Susan Jablon mosaic tile design. The pool measures 30' x 15' x 3'-4.5' deep.
- A relaxing hot tub is located on the overlook near the pool.
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, kitchenette, living room, private gym entrance
- Bathroom 1: Onyx counter top, Maharani sinks, "tea for two" chromatherapy bathtub, shower, bidet
- Hawk’s Nest is the closest beach. There are many additional beautiful, white-sand beaches within a short 5-15 minute drive.
- Eco Serendib Villa and Spa is located in Point Rendezvous Estate, on St. John's south shore, overlooking all the way to Ram Head. The villa is approximately 3 miles, or 10 minutes from Cruz Bay.
- Please note that smoking is prohibited at Eco Serendib Villa and Spa, including all outdoor areas.
- When the 1 Bedroom (Presidential Suite) is rented, guests have exclusive use of the property
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate November 28, 2022 – December 10, 2022 • Tier 3 1 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 6,900 USD nightly $ 48,300 USD weekly December 11, 2022 – January 5, 2023 • Christmas / New Year's - Entire Villa Must be Rented Tier 3 8 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 10,000 USD nightly $ 70,000 USD weekly December 11, 2022 – January 5, 2023 • Christmas / New Year's - Entire Villa Must be Rented Tier 2 8 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 7,500 USD nightly $ 52,500 USD weekly January 6, 2023 – May 5, 2023 • Tier 3 1 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 7,590 USD nightly $ 53,130 USD weekly May 6, 2023 – November 18, 2023 • Tier 3 1 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 7,590 USD nightly $ 53,130 USD weekly November 19, 2023 – November 26, 2023 • Entire Villa Must be Rented 8 bedrooms 0 nights minimum stay Ask us Ask us November 27, 2023 – December 9, 2023 • Tier 3 1 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 7,590 USD nightly $ 53,130 USD weekly December 10, 2023 – January 5, 2024 • Christmas / New Year's - Entire Villa Must be Rented Tier 2 8 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 9,900 USD nightly $ 69,300 USD weekly December 10, 2023 – January 5, 2024 • Christmas / New Year's - Entire Villa Must be Rented Tier 3 8 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 12,900 USD nightly $ 90,300 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: All rates subject to 15% facility fee & taxes (currently 12.5%) Please note that the Entire Villa must be rented out during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. An additional damage deposit of $500 per child under six will be collected, up to $1,000 For descriptions of each Tier Inclusions please contact one of our Villa Specialist.
- Security deposit: $2,500 must be collected at time of booking Final payment for this villa is due at 6 mos prior to travel.