Show More Show Less
- 10 bedrooms
- 12.5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 20
Please note that this villa closes for the entire month of October every year for its yearly maintenance.
The property boasts a majestic 300 acres nestled in the Tres Rios Mountains, at an elevation ranging from 5000 to 6000 feet above sea level, with average temperatures between 59 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit and magnificent views, creating the perfect setting for enjoying this impressive hacienda. At only 20 minutes from the city capital of San Jose, the stunning Santa Ines is an oasis of privacy and tranquility. During your stay, you will have the comfort, amenities, and service offered by the finest resorts, but with one notable difference: privacy. The entire 13 million+ square feet of picturesque woodlands, meadows, and gardens, is solely and exclusively reserved for you and your special guests.
The Main House and the Chalet
With an area of more than 22,000 square feet of pure luxury, you will find The Grand Salon where you will be able to entertain and appreciate the masterpieces of the artist Juan Manuel Hernandez, considered one of the most important and sought-after artists in Costa Rica. The main dining room offers views of the lush gardens and is where you will experience and enjoy the hacienda’s fine cuisine. The state-of-the-art kitchen is fully equipped and rivals those of top restaurants. The Executive Chef and his excellent staff will be at your disposal to accommodate and fulfill your culinary desires; or, if you choose to cook, the kitchen is all yours. You are the master of the house!
The hacienda also features the Game and Bar Room, where you’ll be able to order drinks (or prepare them at your leisure) while playing pool, ping-pong, foosball, air hockey, or darts.
One of the most impressive spaces in the house is the spacious two-level movie theater, complete with a digital projector, a 100-inch+ screen and hundreds of films to choose from in Blu-Ray and DVD format (the films you select may also be watched in the privacy of your own room). At the Wine and Game Room, you will be able to enjoy a selection of fine wines and liquors accompanied by a variety of cheeses and dried cured meats. Enjoy games such as chess, cards, dominos, and backgammon; or simply use the house computer, read a good book or an entertaining magazine.
Your Private Spa: In the covered, heated swimming pool, you can set the water to your own desired temperature, exercise, and swim or play a game of water volleyball. Between the pool and the Jacuzzi, you can unwind and chat while enjoying delicious aperitifs. Steps from the pool, you will find the gym, fully equipped with the latest generation of Cybex machines. In the Massage and Facial Room, one or two people at a time can choose the type of treatment they wish to receive. A dry sauna is a fabulous place to warm your weary muscles and to rest your body.
Open Air Activities
The main garden offers thousands of beautiful flowers, a small campfire area, and La Pergola, where you will be able to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner or just enjoy a warm cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon.
At Santa Ines, you will enjoy a luxurious equestrian center with 16 stalls and 2 riding arenas (one rectangular with 9000 square feet, and the other circular of 3000 square feet) for your riding pleasure. You may also take private lessons, or if you wish, the beautiful horses will be at your disposal to wander the trails providing you an unforgettable equestrian experience. Walking distance from the main house is the petting zoo, where you and your little ones can enjoy playing with and feeding rabbits, baby chicks, young calves, precious piglets, lambs and more! At the greenhouse, you can experience firsthand and learn about organic and hydroponic horticulture, complete from seed planting to harvesting. Enjoy your choice of barbecue areas, either open-air or bungalow style, where your Chef will prepare a savory and customized “Argentina Style Parrilla” using only the finest meats, shellfish, seafood, and vegetables from your choosing. Steps away in the pine forest are the children’s treehouse.
Fourteen miles of trails ranging in difficulty from easy to challenging; walk, jog, run, ride an ATV or simply enjoy the scenery while searching for different species of native birds like the Quetzal, the Yigüirro, pigeons, hawks and animals, such as deer, sheep, guinea fowl, turkeys, cows, rabbits, geese, ducks, and other species! If you want to keep your adrenaline pumping, there is a completely equipped and specifically designed 100,000 sq/feet paintball field in the forest of Fresno trees. Extreme trails are also available for adventurer seekers who wish to have a wild ride on an ATV.
It’s all about you
To assist in creating your unforgettable experience, up to 25 highly-trained staff members will be devoted to enhancing your relaxation and pleasure. At your request, visits can be coordinated to shopping centers, restaurant reservations, tours to the volcanoes, waterfall excursions, trips to butterfly farms, coffee plantations, tropical parks, and adrenaline-packed activities like canopy-zip lines or white-water rafting on the world-famous Pacuare and Reventazon rivers. Furthermore, and upon availability, hairdressing, manicure, babysitting services and a helicopter service which can be hired to transport you to and from the airport, or simply take you to the beaches, outings, restaurants, site seeing, or anywhere you wish to go, can be arranged.
- Campfire area
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ area
- Japanese-style grill
- 16-stall equestrian center
- 2 Riding arenas
- Horseback riding
- Petting zoo
- Children’s treehouse
- 100,000 sq/ft Paintball field
- 4-Wheeler ATVs
- Gated property
Staff & Services
- Food and beverages
- Spa services
- Up to 25 staff members (depending on occupancy) including, but not limited to:
- Event coordinator
- Concierge service
- Chef service
- Laundry service personnel
- Massage therapists
- Riding instructor
- ATV Guide
- Greenhouse assistance
- Barbecue area assistance
- Nature Guide
- Car with Chauffeur – up to 4 passengers
- Airport transfers
- Private security
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking (if exotic foods are requested; based on availability)
- Phone charges
- Adventure activities (zip-lining, white water rafting, etc.)
- Hairdressing and manicure treatments
- Childcare service
- Helicopter service
- Mini-bus with driver
- Tours and excursions including, but not limited to:
- Waterfall excursions
- Butterfly farms
- Coffee plantations
- Tropical parks
- Baby equipment
- Bar room
- Blu-ray/DVD players
- CD players
- Digital projector
- Extensive BluRay and DVD movie collection
- Fax Machine
- Flat Screen TVs
- Flotation devices
- Full gym with fitness equipment
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Game room
- Heated indoor pool
- Massage room
- Meeting room
- Movie collection
- Movie theatre
- Satellite TV
- Staffed Villa
- Water volleyball
- Wheelchair accessible (main house only excluding pool area, master bedroom, Bedroom 4 and massage area)
- Wi-fi access
- Wine tasting room
- iPod docks
- Heated indoor pool
- Main House
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with 2 showers, Satellite TV, Blu-ray/DVD player, iPod dock, Safe, Phone
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, Blu-ray/DVD player, iPod dock, Safe, Phone
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, Blu-ray/DVD player, iPod dock, Safe, Phone
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, Blu-ray/DVD player, iPod dock, Safe, Phone
- Bedroom 5: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, Blu-ray/DVD player, iPod dock, Safe, Phone
- Bedroom 6: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, Blu-ray/DVD player, iPod dock, Safe, Phone
- Bedroom 7: 2 Twin beds, Twin pull-out bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, Blu-ray/DVD player, iPod dock, Safe, Phone
- Bedroom 8: 2 Twin bunk beds, Twin pull-out bed En-suite bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, Blu-ray/DVD player, iPod dock, Safe, Phone
- Bedroom 9: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, TV, Blu-ray/DVD player, iPod dock, Safe
- Bedroom 10: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower, TV, Blu-ray/DVD player, iPod dock, Safe
- Additional Bedding - Bedroom 11: There is a small bedroom adjoining Bedroom 1 with a Twin bed and En-suite bathroom with a shower. Perfect for a nurse, nanny or child.
- 45 minute drive to Juan Santa Maria International Airport
- 10 minute drive to Cartago
- 105 minute drive to beach
- Closed for maintenance October 1 - October 31
- Maximum 20 guests over 12 years
- Up to 4 additional children under 12 years permitted
- Maximum 14 children
- No smoking in the bedrooms
- Please note the Hacienda Santa Ines is closed every October for its yearly maintenance. Please inquire with a Villa Specialist for more information.
- Pets are not allowed
- Strict NO tipping policy
- Hacienda Santa Ines is private property and not available for public access
Pricing is available upon request. Please complete the form below to inquire about this villa and pricing.
- Tax and service charges: Private retreat: Rates vary depending on the age and amount of occupants – please inquire with one of our Villa Specialists for details
- Security deposit: $20,000 + credit card authorization.
Inquire about booking this villa
More villas you might like
8 bedroom 8.5 bath Costa Rica villa in Guanacaste Coast
Villa Estrella is now available as all-inclusive property or can be separately contracted with Chef and Transportation services. The villa is located in the exclusive beachside community of Ocotal, in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica, overlooking the Gulf of Papagayo and the Pacific Ocean.