Show More Show Less
- 4 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 9
Gorgeous Villa Gelso sits right at the the water’s edge with Lake Como literally lapping at its feet feet. Ideally located in the fishing village of Lezzeno, you can enjoy a polenta meal at a mountain chalet, shop on Bellagio’s elegant cobbled lanes or cruise across the shimmering waters historic and cultural sights in only a few minutes. Of course, with the villa’s picturesque setting, panoramic pool and private pebble beach, we would understand if you’d rather stay put!
Spread across three floors, Villa Il Gelso’s accommodations and living spaces feature sleek contemporary décor that compliments original period features and make the most of the Lake Como views. There are four bedrooms fully equipped with en-suite bathrooms, a newly refurbished kitchen and dining room, a spacious garden with with a pool, personal beach access, a gazebo, an outdoor terrace and private patios.The villa comfortably accommodates up to eight guests, however it is possible to add a sofa bed for two extra guests.
Situated in the fishing village of Lezzeno, you’re never far great cappuccino, a meal of fresh lake fish or wood-fired pizza and the chance to rub shoulders with the Lake Como locals.The area’s quaint villages and must-see sights are all within easy reach whether you strike out on your own with the convenient local service or catch the public boat from the ferry landing.
For those times when you don’t have chef service at the the property, you could be mingling with the locals for your Aperitivo at the local bar. There are some supermarkets in the village of Lezzeno, however for bigger shops you can make your way into Bellagio, just a 10 minute drive away.
The property has two parking places. From the parking area, a set of traditional cobbled stone steps take you directly from Lezzeno’s main road to the entrance of Villa Il Gelso.
On the Ground Floor, you will find a comfortable open-plan living room which lets in a lot of natural light, a state of the art newly restored kitchen with brand new appliances, a beautiful dining room and a private bathroom. From this floor you have direct access to the well maintained garden, panoramic pool and pebble beach area.
On the First Floor– which is the main entrance to the property – you will find the lovely Begonia twin room that can be turned into double, complete with a private terrace overlooking the lake. It has a spacious closet and a full modern bathroom. Located across the hall from Begonia is the Azalea suite. Azalea is a private suite with a king-size bed, a lounge area complete with sitting room and TV, a balcony overlooking the gorgeous lake, an original 19th century fireplace, a vanity area with an open closet and a full modern bathroom.
The Second Floor is accessed by an internal stairway. This floor is home to Dalia, a luxuriously spacious twin room that can be turned into double, equipped with a private modern bathroom, and Camelia, a beautiful suite with a king bed, comfortable lounge area, a private full bathroom and a terrace overlooking the lake, perfect for your morning coffee or evening drinks.There is also a sofa bed on this floor.
The Swimming Pool is for the exclusive use of the guests at the villa. The well-manicured garden invites guests to relax by the pool on the sun loungers, gather around the stone table under the vine-covered pergola and avail of the private access to the adjoining pebble beach. And if you are looking to host an event, hire a personal chef or experience the area’s best guides, private boat tours and family-friendly adventures, call your villa specialist for details.
- A/C in every room
- Coffee machine
- Complimentary toiletries in each bathroom
- Dining area overlooking lake and the Alps
- First aid kit
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Induction fire
- Laundry room washer and dryer
- Parking for 2 cars
- Patio area with pergola
- Satellite TV
- Towels for the pool
- Winter heating
- Wireless ADSL internet connection (bring your own laptop)
- Private swimming pool with sun loungers and umbrellas
- Bedroom 1: Begonia - Double room with private terrace overlooking the lake, spacious closet and full bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Azalea - Private suite with king size bed, lounge area with sitting room and TV, balcony overlooking the lake, original 19th century fireplace, vanity area with open closet and full bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Dalia - Spacious double bedroom with a private bathroom
- Bedroom 5: Camelia - Suite with king bed, lounge area, full bathroom and private balcony overlooking the lake
- Private pebble beach access
- Mid-week general cleaning
- Final cleaning
- IC Bellagio English speaking manager on call available 24/7
- Pool cleaning/maintenance
- Additional hours of housekeeping service
- Food delivery service
- Private chef
- Baby sitter
- Baby cot and high chair
- Nearest Village: Lezzeno – walking distance
- Nearest Restaurant: in Lezzeno – walking distance
- Nearest Public Means of Transport: Boat 1 km from the villa - Bus 5 minutes on foot on the main road
- Milan: 80 km
- Como: 30 km
- Lecco: 30 km
- Verona: 220 km
- Lugano: 80 km
- Malpensa Airport: 85 km
- Linate Airport: 90 km
- Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport: 100 km
- It is possible to add also a sofa bed to sleep up to 9
- Check in time is from 4 pm till 7 pm and check out time is by arrangement by 10 am.
- Please note: To reach the villa there are several steps (nearly 50), no access by car, and parking is on top of the road. This villa is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021 4 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,229 USD nightly $ 8,598 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: Any city tax incurred is to be paid locally. Rates are based on a 7 night stay. Shorter stays are available on request. Contact a villa specialist for rates.
- Security deposit: €800.00 paid in cash on arrival
Inquire about booking this villa
More villas you might like
4 bedroom 4 bath Italy villa in The Lakes
Standing on the banks of the Lake, Villa Cima is located within the 25 acres complex of the famous Hotel Villa D’ Este’s estate, which provides guests with the unique experience of marrying the intimacy and privacy of your own home on Lake Como with the unparalleled services and amenities that only a five star luxury Hotel can offer.
4 bedroom 4 bath Italy villa in The Lakes
Originally built in 1860, Villa Malakoff is located within the 25 acres complex of the famous Hotel Villa D’ Este’s estate, which provides guests with the unique experience of marrying the intimacy and privacy of your own home on Lake Como with the unparalleled services and amenities that only a five star luxury Hotel can offer.