Il Sogno - Florence Hills
4 bedroom Italy villa in Tuscany
Villa Il Sogno is on a beautiful mountain country road with pristine views leading up to the two-story villa situated on 3 acres of property. Located in an ideal country setting, yet just fifteen minutes from Florence!Book This Villa
Show More Show Less
- 4 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Kids Welcome
A picturesque winding mountain road leads up to the two story villa situated on three acres of property. An ancient cypress-lined driveway leads to the Villa which is situated amongst rolling hills and is surrounded by olive and fruit trees, landscaped with many varieties of flowers and herbs.
This multi-leveled property has four terraces. The first, at the entrance to the house, has a sitting area and overlooks the distant valley. The second is a large pergola in the upper gardens with a sitting and dining area equipped with a Tuscan barbeque and marble counter with sink. Above the pergola is the top level of the property which affords spectacular panoramic views and is perfect for a morning coffee or sunset drink. The fourth lounging area adjacent to the pool has a sitting area as well as a covered outdoor dining area. The multi-terraced property provides glorious scenery from all vantage points and during all seasons. It is not easy to say which is most beautiful.
The villa has been restored with attention to custom detail in an international, eclectic style while maintaining the integrity of the Tuscan aesthetic. The interior decoration combines antiques with modern sofas and other contemporary furniture. The exterior pergola furniture is custom designed as well. Screens on most windows and new individual room controlled central heating.
The kitchen is equipped with an espresso machine, new refrigerator, Miele dishwasher, Alessi toaster, microwave, large double sink, marble countertops and fine Richard Genori china along with Le Jacquard Français table linens. Wine and glassware are carefully selected to enhance the dining experience. There are two bar stools and a marble counter for informal eating.
The villa includes a multi-media room with a 200 satellite-channel flat screen television, Wi-Fi, desktop computer, printer/copier/fax machine, DVD player and library of useful, informative books for informal reading or touring.
The great room is a gathering place for before or after dinner, either to share the experiences of the day, gather around the Tuscan fireplace, play a game of chess or eat at the gracious table that can extend to serve 12-14. This large wood beamed stylishly appointed room with windows on 3 sides feels connected to the spectacular countryside that surrounds it- olive orchard, vineyards and cypress trees along with panoramic views of hills and valleys that capture the unique essence of Toscana.
The bed and bathrooms are both elegant and comfortable, capturing tradition and modernity. Sophisticated and luxurious, each room is unique with Italian high thread count linens, Frette bathrobes, plush down comforters, pillows and linen hand towels. Erborio Toscano olive oil amenities enhance the ambiance. Each of the four bedrooms has a luxurious private bath. There is an additional full bathroom located on the ground floor.
A variety of fruit trees, grapes, berries as well as herbs including rosemary and sage move from “farm to table”. The gardens include many kinds of flowers and flowering trees such as magnolia and hydrangeas. Enjoy magnificent vistas from different parts of the terraced property.
All meals can be prepared and delivered or served formally by Rossella and her staff. Below is a sample of her cooking for each season. Guests can arrange for a cooking lesson, a visit to St. Ambrogio or just arrive in the evening for a memorable dining experience. The table will be set with an eclectic selection of more formal Richard Ginori china contrasted with the charming Vietri ceramic dishes and mugs set on the colorful Le Jaquard Francais table linen.
Our goal is to provide guests with a personalized experience that will fulfill and expand the pleasures of a Toscana stay. Click here for some examples of the many activities that can be arranged.
Gourmet Art and Wine Weekend
During select low season months, enjoy a unique Tuscan experience featuring delicious Italian food and wine, and spectacular art. Contact a villa specialist for details.
- Apple TV
- CD and DVD players
- Ceiling fans
- Erborio Toscano oils
- Extensive reference library of Firenze and Tuscany
- Fax Machine
- Flat screen TV
- Fully Air-Conditioned
- High speed internet access on villa computer, and Wi-Fi
- Informative book collection
- International cable
- Library of DVDs
- Luxury Gandia Blasca outdoor seating
- Staffed Villa
- State of the art Sonos system which can be controlled individually with guests' iPhone or Android device
- Toiletries (Eerborio Toscano)
- Washing machine in 4th bathroom for guests' use
- Large panoramic infinity pool
- Bedroom 1 (Leonardo Master Suite): Entered on the ground floor, two level suite with hardwood floors, a custom made king size bed, CD player and radio controlled by remote, remote controlled AC, built in wood closets and shelves, which lead to the en-suite bathroom. This luxurious bathroom has a double sink and both a bath and shower with a build in marble seat and rainfall shower.
- Bedroom 2 (Galileo): Ground floor spacious room, can be entered from the hallway or terrace. This room has an elegant antique armoire with mirror and small dresser with en-suite bathroom with shower. This room includes extensive closets outside of room for clothes, two twin beds that can be converted to a king, remote controlled AC and ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3 (Dante): Large queen white antique bed, with view of rear garden and pergola. Double sink large luxurious marble and wood bathroom with shower and extensive closet and storage space. Remote controlled AC and ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4 (Vespucci): Stunning antique steamer armoire with both closet and shelf space. This room can convert comfortably from twin to a large king size bed. The spacious and well-equipped bathroom has a blue and white tiled double sink and wood drawers as well as both a Jacuzzi and shower along with a washing machine for the sole use of the guests. Remote controlled AC and ceiling fan
- 5 Full contemporary bathrooms are of the highest standards combining marble, wood and authentic Italian ceramic tile. They are equipped with guest bath amenities from Erbario Toscano as well as with hairdryers, bathrobes and heated towel racks. Three of the five bathrooms have double sinks.
- 4 Hours of housekeeping daily, except for Sundays
- Upon arrival on Saturday you will be greeted by our staff at the Villa. Danny will provide porter service while Rossella will show you around the Villa and the grounds. Upon request we can arrange pick-up at Teretol airport or the train station.
- Poolside welcome: prosecco, nuts, fruit and canapes
- In season guests may pick fresh fruit from the orchard: cherries, apricots, peaches, pears, figs, berries and apples
- Included are items for your first breakfast: bread, milk, butter, eggs, salami, tomatoes, peppers and pantry items
- The refrigerator and pantry can stocked with additional items upon request
- There is an extensive collection of reading material in the library to plan day trips. Some require reservations which Rossella will gladly make for you
- Fresh flowers
- Complimentary Italian after dinner drinks
- Cook service - Rossella prepares a wide variety of Italian specialties and consistently receives rave reviews. She can leave an informal dinner for you or a provide a 5 course meal, paired with wine and served by Danny, one of the staff
- Emanuella who is an excellent English speaking babysitter and assistant to Rossella
- Cooking classes
- Arrangements for private garden visits, wine tours, and nearby sporting activities: rowing, tennis, golf, tree climbing for kids can be arranged upon request
- Only 20 minutes to Florence and 7 minutes to the nearby village. Taxi service can be arranged through the villa. Renting a car is suggested.
- Il Sogno is located in Fiesole, village of Compiobbi, 11 km (7 miles) east of Florence in a majestic rural Tuscan setting
- Approximately 15 minutes from the town of Fiesole
- Downtown Florence is easily accessible via train, taxi or car within 20 minutes
- Located in the heart of Chianti, it is an easy drive to Arezzo, Pisa, Siena, Greve, Lucca, Montepulciano
- The nearby piazza has a supermarket, confectionary and cash machine
- Tennis and golf facilities are nearby
- It is only a 15 minute drive to Firenze Sud exit of A1, Milano-Roma superstrada
- Special customized gift included for guests paying full fee
- Non-smoking villa
- The villa can accommodate an additional 2 children for a total of 10 guests
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate May 7, 2022 – September 4, 2022 4 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 2,363 USD nightly $ 16,532 USD weekly September 4, 2022 – October 30, 2022 4 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,850 USD nightly $ 12,938 USD weekly October 30, 2022 – December 18, 2022 4 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,213 USD nightly $ 8,482 USD weekly December 19, 2022 – January 8, 2023 • Christmas/ New Year's 4 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 2,363 USD nightly $ 16,532 USD weekly
- Security deposit: $1,500
Inquire about booking this villa
More villas you might like
5 bedroom 5 bath Italy villa in Tuscany
Surrounded by a picture-perfect landscape, near the quaint village of Sovicille and only a 20-minute drive from Siena, Allegra is an elegant Italian villa composed of a main building having approx. 2,800 square feet of living space, and an independent wing of approx. 680 square feet and with an independent entrance.