Show More Show Less
- 9 bedrooms
- 9 bathrooms
- Sleeps 18
Villa Ivana is a historic residence dating back to 1600. It has become, thanks to recent restoration, a prestigious Italian villa in which modern accessories blend with original recycled materials and local architectural features conferring warmth and typical Tuscan atmosphere to the rooms. Antique furniture, precious tapestries, elegant windows and doors, original chandeliers and accessories, painted ceilings and splendid terracotta-tiled floors dress the more than 1,000 square meters of the villa.
The ground floor is dominated by an imposing living room with decorated vaulted ceilings and frescoed walls, with an antique billiards table. On the upper floors are the intimate, panoramic bedrooms (eight double and one twin) characterized by romantic four-poster beds and served by splendid cozy bathrooms in inlaid marble.
Thanks to its large indoor and outdoor spaces, Villa Ivana is a perfect location for your Tuscan vacation as well as for the organization of cultural events, reunion of groups and families and for destination weddings (being equipped with a private chapel) and other ceremonies, to spend in a prestigious and enchanting setting.
The completely fenced-in park that surrounds Villa Ivana covers a flat area of about 5,000 square meters, most of which is planted with grass with a large variety of centuries-old plants and trees, pots of lemon trees around the villa and a lush row of oleander bushes that border the paved drive leading to the main entrance. The large gazebo surmounted by stone columns, located a few steps from the big swimming pool and from the many entrances to the villa, is furnished with marble tables and chairs for relaxing and dining al fresco, with the complicity of the silent garden embellished by the gentle setting of the Tuscan hills. At the entrance to the property, just after the main gate and the tree-lined access drive, is a large parking area.
The very elegant rooms on the ground floor, which cover more than 400 square meters in area, are further embellished with light fitments so as to highlight the Villa’s typical arches and vaulted ceilings with their exposed beams. In addition, the elegant antique terracotta paving enhances the warmth and the evocative and emotive atmosphere of the Villa.
By means of an internal staircase in muted sandstone and behind stylish doors, one can gain access to the frescoed rooms of the first floor. The great windows give a wonderful view of the garden and of the hilltop of Cortona! In times of yore and more recently, the rooms of the first floor were used for important gala suppers of both princes and presidents including Italy’s seventh president, Sandro Pertini.
- Al fresco dining
- Baby cot and highchair are available on request
- Billiards table
- Coffee maker
- DVD player
- Espresso machine
- Gas barbecue
- Hair dryers
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Large parking area
- Mosquito screens
- Private chapel
- Satellite TV
- Turkish bath
- Washing machine
- Wireless internet access
- Private, fenced in swimming pool
- Indoor Jacuzzi
- Bedrooms 1-8: Double bedrooms
- Bedroom 9: Twin bedroom
- Weekly linen
- Initial and final cleaning
- Park and pool maintenance
- Daily cleaning (beginning in 2023)
- Extra cleaning in case of animals
- Extra cleaning
- Extra linen change
- Events - extra charge required depending on the number of guests attending the event
- Private chef (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner)
- Cooking classes
- Wine tours
- Guided tours
- Vespa tours
- Horse rides
- Completing the program for an unforgettable holiday in Tuscany are the many places of artistic interest within easy reach: art cities like Siena, Arezzo and Perugia and picturesque little towns (Pienza, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Castiglione del Lago, Radda and Gaiole in the Chianti area) as well as enchanting health spas
- Electricity, air conditioning, water, and gas for cooking are included in the rates
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate June 25, 2022 – September 3, 2022 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,658 USD nightly $ 11,603 USD weekly September 3, 2022 – October 1, 2022 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,378 USD nightly $ 9,639 USD weekly October 1, 2022 – December 17, 2022 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,098 USD nightly $ 7,676 USD weekly December 17, 2022 – January 2, 2023 • Christmas/ New Year's 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,883 USD nightly $ 13,178 USD weekly January 2, 2023 – April 29, 2023 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,322 USD nightly $ 9,251 USD weekly April 29, 2023 – May 27, 2023 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,476 USD nightly $ 10,322 USD weekly May 27, 2023 – June 24, 2023 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,603 USD nightly $ 11,214 USD weekly June 24, 2023 – September 2, 2023 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,883 USD nightly $ 13,178 USD weekly September 2, 2023 – October 7, 2023 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,603 USD nightly $ 11,214 USD weekly October 7, 2023 – December 23, 2023 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,322 USD nightly $ 9,251 USD weekly December 23, 2023 – January 2, 2024 • Christmas/ New Year's 9 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,883 USD nightly $ 13,178 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: Tourism tax: €2 per person per day for the first 4 days. Please note that children under 12 years old are exempt. Extra cleaning in case of animals (€30 per week, per animal)
- Security deposit: €2,000 to be paid on site by cash or credit card and refundable at departure