Show More Show Less
- 6 bedrooms
- 6.5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 13
Colorful flowerbeds and shrubs line the driveway to the house, with expanses of lawn in all directions. It is hard to imagine that the bustling little town of Le Thor is just a few minutes away, tranquil as it is here in the countryside, with only the sound of a passing tractor and the chant of the cigales to break the silence.
Mas des Fleurs is a recently renovated and beautifully furnished Provençal mas near L’Isle sur la Sorgue with six air-conditioned bedrooms suitable for adults, each with an en-suite bath. The kitchen is a dream, the bathrooms are beautifully finished, and the style throughout is cool colors, modern fittings and plenty of amenities.
Outdoor living is an important feature of this enchanting region, and guests at Mas des Fleurs will find no shortage of opportunities at the property. First, there is the lovely swimming pool and its surrounding terrace, with a full complement of deck chairs and parasols as well as an outdoor shower with hot and cold water and a separate WC. Separated from the pool by a wide arch is the covered dining area with a table for 12 and full outdoor kitchen with built-in barbecue.
Each guest can find his or her own special spot either indoors (380 m2, 4,100 sq.ft.) or outside (2.1 acres) at Mas des Fleurs.
A wicker-covered arbor (tonnelle) over the main entrance shades a round table for four. This is a great spot for breakfast. A gracious foyer opens to the two main common rooms, the kitchen and the salon, and the wide staircase leading to the bedroom levels. The salon is a large rectangle, with whitewashed walls and tumbled marble floors. Distressed occasional tables line the walls and cheerful yet subtle lighting brings out the colors in the sconces and wall hangings, mostly Asian stencils. Three large sofas surround a green wooden coffee table before a mammoth fireplace. Arched French doors open to the front terrace. The dining area comprises the rear of the salon and has a handsome wrought-iron table for six to eight with designer leather-covered chairs. The kitchen is just through a short hall, and is also accessible from the foyer.
The kitchen is often a gathering point in the home, and this stylish space is especially inviting for spending time together with family or friends. A large island with three comfortable stools, copious counter space and multiple sinks make this an ideal kitchen for preparing meals with several helpers or discussing last night’s dinner over a hot espresso fresh from the countertop machine. Closets line one entire wall and contain a dazzling array of dishes, flatware, serving pieces, spices and condiments, paper products, etc. On the appliance side the array continues: two dishwashers, five-burner gas stove and oven, food processor, toaster, microwave, coffee maker and two-door stainless steel refrigerator with in-door ice maker. The newly renovated kitchen is visually captivating. An eat-in table for four in distressed white wood provides another space for coffee or a light meal.
The laundry room is behind the kitchen and has a washing machine, dryer and an extra two-door refrigerator. Next to the laundry room is a guest lavatory.
The remaining room on the ground floor is a cozy TV room with a comfortable loveseat and armchairs set up to enjoy the flatscreen TV with satellite reception and a DVD player.
The six bedrooms and baths of Mas des Fleurs are on two upstairs levels. Each bedroom has a stenciled number and a slightly different style, but their common features are very important: excellent lighting from wall and ceiling fixtures as well as bedside lamps, proper in-wall closets with hanging and storage space, and a writing table or armchair. The consistency of furnishings in the bedrooms and baths is unusual and makes this house one of the very few that can truly accommodate five or six couples in equal comfort.
The Parisian owners thought of everything when provisioning the house. There are games for the pool, a ping pong table, a boules court and five bicycles are available for guests’ use. Towels for the swimming pool are provided.
Together with the cheerful caretaker, extensive amenities and central location, Mas des Fleurs is the right choice for an extended family or group of couples looking to relax in high style amid beautiful surroundings.
- Air Conditioning in the Bedrooms
- Cable/Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Laundry room
- Outdoor kitchen with built-in BBQ
- Stereo with CD player and multiple Bose systems
- Toiletries provided upon arrival (trial size)
- Washing machine and separate dryer
- Wireless internet
- Swimming pool (6 m x 12 m, 19.5’ X 29’), heated June through September. Pool heating is available in May or October at an additional cost.
- Bedroom 1: The master bedroom has a contemporary feel, with walls painted a light slate color, pine floors and linen curtains with beige and brown panels. The furnishings include a queen-sized bed, chest of drawers with marble top, writing desk with mirror, several director’s chairs and cutout niches. There is a private terrace with views to the front and the pool. The en-suite bath is very spacious and finished in light beige tumbled marble. The vanity has raised round vessel sinks, the tub has a handheld shower and there is a separate stall shower and WC
- Bedroom 2: Has a two-tone mauve and cream color scheme with light wood floors. The queen-sized bed has an old wood and fabric screen as a headboard and a lively striped coverlet. There are views to the side and to the rear over cornfields. The en-suite bathroom has a walk-in shower with sunflower head and a double vanity, all in cream and brown tumbled marble
- Bedroom 3: Long room, with twin beds in wrought-iron frames plus a single bed and terra cotta floors. The en-suite bathroom is dramatic with its black and white tumbled marble throughout the walk-in shower and the vanity with vessel sinks
- Bedroom 4: Has a canopy queen-sized bed and wrought-iron chandelier. A seating area with floral sofa and small table makes this a very comfortable and traditionally pretty room. French doors open to the front and admit light and breezes (no balcony) The en-suite bath is tiled in small green mosaic tiles with a marble floor. The bathtub has a shower attachment with a low hook and separates the vanity sinks, each with storage underneath.
- Bedroom 5: Large room with queen-sized bed and long views over the front and side of the house. Newly updated, this handsomely decorated room has a charcoal grey upholstered headboard, hunter green walls and a sisal area rug over terra cotta tile floor. The en-suite tumbled marble bathroom has a very deep walk-in shower and a double vanity
- Bedroom 6: Queen-sized bed and views over the pool and rear of the house. This room is most notable for its canopy bed, unusual lamps and the en-suite bath. Tiled in big blocks of cream tumbled marble is a huge open shower. The double vanity has wood counters.
- Housekeeping - 2 hours per day, Monday through Friday
- Linens changed once a week for 1 week stay
- Local cheese platter
- Toiletries provided on arrival
- Special green tea composed specially for guests by the owner
- Extra linen change
- The location near Le Thor has a rare combination of convenience and tranquility. Le Thor has 6,700 permanent residents and has all the necessities of daily commerce. The town is also home to La Bastide Rose, host to a permanent museum dedicated to the life and career of Pierre Salinger, journalist, author, and above all, President John F. Kennedy’s high profile Press Secretary. L’Isle sur la Sorgue, a renowned antiquing center with a busy Sunday market, is a few minutes by car from Le Thor. The perched villages of the Luberon like Gordes, Ménerbes and Bonnieux are less than 30 minutes to the east, and the Alpilles region, with its constellation of villages, is 30 minutes to the south. The historic city of Avignon is just a 15-minute drive from Mas des Fleurs.
- Nearest town: L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (10 km)
- Nearest city: Avignon (17 km)
- Airport: Marseille-Marignane (96 km); Avignon has limited service
- Train station: Avignon (17 km, TGV)
Pricing is available upon request. Please complete the form below to inquire about this villa and pricing.
- Tax and service charges: Heating is €200 per week in cold months Pool heating in May and October is an additional €200 per week Air conditioning of the house is an additional cost.
- Security deposit: €2,000 Pre-collected