Show More Show Less
- 2 bedrooms
- 2.5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
On the border of the 6th and 7th arrondissements, this quiet apartment offers a refuge from the bustling surrounding area - one of the most requested on the Left Bank – and is just a few blocks from the Seine and the heart of the Saint-Germain neighborhood to the north and the Luxembourg gardens to the south.
The 120 m² (1,291 sq. ft) apartment occupies the ground and first French floor of a small residential building. The main entrance to the apartment is on the upper level, accessed either by a hallway to a short flight of stairs or the building’s small elevator. The first floor is largely open plan, with a shared dining and living area painted a terracotta color. The apartment has a striking yet simple aesthetic, with a mix of contemporary and traditional pieces thoughtfully assembled by the designer, Axel Vervoordt. Three large windows that overlook the building’s private courtyard and dramatic gallery-style lighting brighten the apartment.
The dining area is just to the left of the apartment's main entrance. A rectangular, natural wooden Italian table provides seating for up to four guests with upholstered chairs. All the necessities for an intimate dinner party are concealed within the large, mirrored built-in pantry next to the kitchen. Original terra cotta tile floors here add character and texture to the rich atmosphere of the apartment.
The well-illuminated galley kitchen is separate from the dining area. With its off-white walls, black stone countertops and a tiled floor with black accents, it is compact yet fully equipped. It has been outfitted with modern appliances, mostly Miele brand, including an electric stove and oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator and freezer, coffeemaker, and toaster. There is even a collection of cookbooks in English for the inspired cook looking to make the most of the Parisian food markets.
Beyond the dining area, with clever separation provided by an exposed wooden beam, the living area is dominated by a comfortable sitting area with sofa created by Axel Vervoordt, an internationally known Flemish designer, two complementary upholstered chairs and a stone-slab coffee table with iron legs. The linens are also Flemish from the area of Bruges and Ypres, cities know for linen since the middle ages. The sitting area frames the decorative stone fireplace. The most impressive feature of this spacious room is the wall of built-in wooden cabinetry, including a mantel and bookshelves that are original to the apartment. There is a television with satellite reception (including CNN), iPod docking station and CD player. Behind the sofa, there is an antique writing desk and chair where practical information about the apartment and the neighborhood is kept.
In a small hallway leading to the downstairs is a powder room and a storage closet for personal effects. A sturdy spiral staircase with 20 steps and railing leads down to the lower level of the apartment. Four doors at the foot of the landing open to the bedrooms, master bathroom and a laundry room.
The first door on the left of the staircase leads to the full master bathroom which has a claw-footed tub with handheld shower and WC. The white walls, modern lighting and huge mirror make the room bright. An Italian marble vanity provides plenty of counter space and there is a towel-drying rack and hairdryer for guests’ convenience.
Across the landing is the expansive master bedroom, decorated in light green tones. The second bedroom is to the right of the staircase and features clean, white walls. This room benefits from a separate door, concealed by heavy curtains, to the hallway of the building, which is particularly practical on arrival and departure days for getting heavy luggage into and out of the apartment. Shopping bags from the nearby boutiques may also be more easily distributed straight into the bedroom level by using this entrance.
In the hall between the master bath and the second bedroom is a closet that conceals the apartment’s washer and separate dryer as well as the iron and ironing board.
In addition to the high-quality appointments, the apartment benefits from three oft-requested amenities: air conditioning, WI-FI Internet access and free calls to the United States. Together with the unexcelled location and striking design of the apartment, these amenities make Rue des Saint-Peres an especially attractive choice for a stay in Paris.
- CD Player
- DVD player
- Fully air conditioned
- Fully equipped kitchen
- TV with satellite
- Wireless internet
- iPod dock
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Bedroom 1 (Master): The king-sized bed (which can be separated into two twins) has a custom-made headboard and comforter which match the floor-length curtains. There is a drop-leaf antique table on one side of the bed and built-in book shelves on the other. A small writing desk, two armchairs and an impressive armoire complete the décor. One of the walls is lined with beautiful wood placards which allow ample storage space for clothes and empty luggage
- Bedroom 2: The queen-sized bed, flanked by matching bedside tables with lamps, has a custom-made comforter in Belgian linen to match the café au lait upholstered headboard. A cozy upholstered chair beckons for reading. The room has a large window that looks onto the building’s courtyard and allows for some natural light. There is a closet for storage as well as an en-suite bathroom with tiled white stall shower, pedestal sink and WC
- Mid-stay cleaning and linen change for rentals of two weeks or longer.
- Free calls to the United States
- The apartment is located on the ground floor and first floor
- Please inquire for children under 10
- Sorry, no pets
Pricing is available upon request. Please complete the form below to inquire about this villa and pricing.
- Tax and service charges: Reduced rates are available for stays 2 weeks or more.
- Security deposit: $1500 Pre-collected
- Rate notes: Reduced rates are available for stays 2 weeks or more. Security Deposit: $1500 Pre-collected Minimum Stay: 1 Week. Minimum night stay may vary by villa. Please contact a villa specialist to confirm. Important! Non-USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Please confirm rate and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.
Inquire about this villa
More villas you might like
2 bedroom 2 bath France villa in Paris
Eiffel 2, with view on the Eiffel tower located in the supremely chic 16th arrondissement, the prime location, at the Place du Trocadéro, is a secure, private A/C realm with two bedrooms and two en-suite bathrooms provided with all VIP hotel services.