Show More Show Less
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Kids Welcome
Mon Repos is situated on more than one acre of fully-fenced flat lawn studded with Virgin Gorda's famous smooth boulders. This imposing four-bedroom house is set back from the main road, creating a very conveniently-located vacation accommodation while preserving your peace and quiet.
A native stone staircase leads up to Mon Repos' pool deck and entrance from the spacious parking area. The octagonal Great Room, which shares generous space with the open-plan kitchen and dining area, is colorfully furnished with sink-into twin sofas in a tropical coral hue. The living area is flanked by a striking inlaid antique Indian screen. You may dine inside, or choose either a table outside on a covered verandah facing east and seaward, or the large alfresco dining area under a covered area of the pool deck at front of the villa.
Off one end of the Great Room are the air-conditioned media room and the air-conditioned king master suite. The media room is furnished with comfortable lounging sofas and an assortment of games, puzzles, books and DVD movies. Situated just beyond the media room is the spacious and unique master suite. Mon Repos was built around the island's typical giant granite boulders; in the master suite, one wall interestingly has the smooth side of a boulder embedded, and another smaller boulder forms a table for the TV at the foot of the bed. The large master suite is furnished with a caned antique mahogany West Indian settee, a mahogany desk with a 4-in-one printer/fax, and its own private roofed verandah and a stone patio on which to enjoy morning coffee or watch technicolor sunsets at day's end. A novel soaking tub with a shower fashioned from native stone, glass block and tile graces the master suite, flanked by a tiled vanity with a colorful Mexican ceramic sink. The toilet is in its own separate enclosure with a door.
On the opposite side of the Great Room are two more air-conditioned queen bedrooms which share a tiled bath with a shower. Both bedrooms in this wing open out to a connecting covered verandah set with chairs for relaxing in the sea breezes.
Right outside of the Great Room is a spacious slate-tiled pool deck set with chaise lounges, chairs and side tables, overlooking the fenced flat lawn - a perfect spot from which to watch the children play below.
Down the stairs is Mon Repos' air-conditioned apartment suite which comprises the villa's fourth bedroom. Very private, perfect for a couple who wants seclusion or for older teenagers, this suite has a second kitchen with a dining table, a living area with sofa and Dish Network TV, a tiled bath with shower, and a unique bedroom in which the queen bed is set on a slightly-raised smooth boulder surrounded by tiled flooring!
A handsome residence with its large landscaped lawn and tiled roofs, Mon Repos offers plenty of room to relax. Other features are cool tile floors, ceilings of beamed cedar, artistic lighting, draperies and window blinds in all bedrooms, and a collection of colorful original art. This is a wonderful villa for children, with three bedrooms all under one roof, the completely-fenced in flat yard with swings, and live tortoises in a pen below the villa to visit. It's just a quick walk or drive to Top of The Baths with its restaurant, pool, bar and shops, and to the trailhead that leads down to The Baths' beautiful white sands, huge smooth boulder formations and grottos to explore, swimming, snorkeling, and fun and adventure for the whole family!
- ON MAIN LEVEL: 4 flat-screen satellite TVs with Dish Network (a 42-inch flat-screen TV in media room with DVD-CD player, 32-inch flat-screen TV with DVD player in master suite, + 32-inch flat
- Oval shape, 14' x 24' x 5 - 7' deep
- On main level: 1 king (in master suite) + 2 queens. Lower level apartment suite: 1 queen
- Main level: Master bedroom has its own stonework and tile private soaking bath with shower + separate WC; in the main level's opposite wing, one bath is shared by the other two bedrooms. Lower apartment suite: one full bath with shower.
- It's just a 5-minute walk to Top of the Baths (with its restaurant, bar and shops), then walk 350-yard trail down to The Baths on Devils Bay. Or drive from Mon Repos - there's parking at Top of The Baths. Or walk to Spring Bay beach in 10 minutes.
- Housekeeping - Five days per week (Mondays through Fridays, except holidays)
- Mon Repos' personable housekeeper Mavis is also available to cook wonderful West Indian dinners for her guests, with advance notice; her versatile and tasty menus will depend on what is currently available on Virgin Gorda. Please inquire for Mavis's rates and availability for dinner.
- Children welcome - with a notarized Liability Waiver required for all children under 18 years, please.
- ALL adult guests at Mon Repos are required to sign and have witnessed a liability waiver upon check-in at the villa
- No smoking
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate April 18, 2022 – December 14, 2022 • Rate for 1 to 4 guests 2 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 697 USD nightly $ 4,877 USD weekly April 18, 2022 – December 14, 2022 • Rate for 5 to 6 guests 3 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 783 USD nightly $ 5,481 USD weekly April 18, 2022 – December 14, 2022 • Rate for 7 to 8 guests 4 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 870 USD nightly $ 6,090 USD weekly December 15, 2022 – January 5, 2023 • Christmas/ New Year's 4 bedrooms 10 nights minimum stay $ 1,393 USD nightly $ 9,751 USD weekly January 4, 2023 – April 17, 2023 • Rate for 5 to 6 guests 3 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,046 USD nightly $ 7,322 USD weekly January 6, 2023 – April 14, 2023 • Rate for 1 to 4 guests 2 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 929 USD nightly $ 6,502 USD weekly January 6, 2023 – April 14, 2023 • Rate for 7 to 8 guests 4 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,162 USD nightly $ 8,134 USD weekly April 15, 2023 – December 14, 2023 • Rate for 1 to 4 guests 2 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 697 USD nightly $ 4,877 USD weekly April 15, 2023 – December 14, 2023 • Rate for 7 to 8 guests 4 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 870 USD nightly $ 6,090 USD weekly April 18, 2023 – December 14, 2023 • Rate for 5 to 6 guests 3 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 784 USD nightly $ 5,488 USD weekly December 15, 2023 – January 5, 2024 • Christmas/ New Year's 4 bedrooms 10 nights minimum stay $ 1,394 USD nightly $ 9,758 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: Please add 10% tax and a 10% service charge to all rates.
- Security deposit: $1,000
Inquire about booking this villa
More villas you might like
4 bedroom 4 bath BVI villa in Virgin Gorda
'Villa on the Beach' is a newly-renovated. luxurious. air-conditioned. four-bedroom estate villa right on the beach, beautifully-appointed with gracious inside and outside living spaces, a professional kitchen, al fresco dining and every entertainment amenity.