Show More Show Less
- 11 bedrooms
- 11 bathrooms
- Sleeps 22
Moskito Island goes beyond conventional villa rental, with exceptional personal service in a secluded and private Caribbean setting. The island features a recreation area, pristine beaches, and exclusive luxury villas.
The Branson Estate
The Branson Estate is made up of three villas: Headland House, Beach Villa and Mangrove Villa sleeping up to 22 guests in 11 bedrooms.
Perched on an outcrop at the northeast tip of Moskito Island is Headland House, the heart of the Branson Estate. The most striking feature of the ground floor at Headland House is the wrap around infinity pool that meanders from just left of the main entrance around to the Master Suite. The shared living space on this floor includes a sitting area with TV, kitchen, and circular bar just off the pool. The expansive Great Room on the upper level of Headland House is truly a sight to behold. With a signature corner bar, dining table for over 40 people, game areas and fully equipped kitchen, this area is designed for showcase meals, celebrations of every kind and parties to remember.
There are three bedrooms at Headland House: The Master Suite and two additional guest rooms. Virtually all the walls to the Master Suite bedroom are in fact doors, and when fully opened this room has 180-degree views out to sea – it’s about as open as you can get. There is also a sundeck that extends out from bedroom so you can catch a few rays. This room boasts direct access to the living area, to the infinity pool and to the suite of rooms behind the bed including bathroom, two walk-in wardrobes and laundry room. The other guest bedrooms also face out to sea.
The main house features a fully equipped kitchen with a full-size fridge, separate temperature-controlled wine fridge and an additional mini-bar to keep all your favorite drinks and snacks cool. Lunch or dinner can be served at the dining table which comfortably seats eight and can be set up for al fresco meals on the deck just in front of the infinity pool. Back inside the house there is also a spacious lounge area for relaxing in the shade or for watching TV if there’s a game you just can’t miss! The house is fully air conditioned and is wired for sound so you can plug in your device and stream your own music. You can also use the control panel to control the lights and set the mood and activate the hot tub that sits within the outdoor heated infinity pool.
Above the living space at Beach Villa is the Flamingo Nest Master Suite. Fronted by a large deck with day bed overlooking the pool and beach, the king-size bed in this room is only steps away from a large bathtub – perfect for some relaxing time out. At the foot of the bed is a large screen TV concealed in a wooden chest and behind the bed is the vanity area with dual sinks and separate shower. There is also a nursery behind the bathroom area that can sleep up to two infants.
Arranged to the left and right of Beach Villa are three additional houses each sleeping two guests. They're called Turtle, Gecko and Palm, and each have en-suite bathrooms, balconies with sun lounger and views onto the beach and out to sea. Gecko and Palm can both be arranged with twin beds. You'll find Paradise Cove underneath Beach Villa, this is the Branson Estate outdoor communal area that has a bar, large dining area, ping pong table, seating areas and its very own private beach with sun loungers.
This villa was inspired by Richard’s son Sam, and all guest rooms face east towards Necker Island and to the island of Virgin Gorda. Nestled in amongst the mangrove trees, all rooms are elevated and connected both to Headland House and to the neighboring Beach Villa by wooden walkways. The rich wood interiors make for a cozy feel with Balinese style objects and carvings throughout. On the ground floor of the main villa is a large lounge, fully equipped kitchen, two breakfast bars and dining table, all looking out onto a deck which leads directly onto the infinity edge pool and hot tub. With a full-size fridge, separate temperature-controlled wine fridge and additional drinks fridge in the kitchen, you only have to worry about keeping yourself cool. Luckily if the sea breezes aren’t enough, the villa is fully air-conditioned and there’s always the pool of course.
Above the living space at Mangrove Villa is the Tree Tops Master Suite. With direct views out to sea and towards neighboring Necker Island, this is an idyllic spot. Just inside the room is a large bathtub – perfect for a relaxing soak. Just next to this is a king-size bed positioned with a concealed TV in the chest at the foot operated by remote control. To the rear of the room is the vanity area with dual sinks, shower and nursery. On the private deck is a double daybed – perfect for romantic types.
Arranged to the left and right of Mangrove Villa are three additional houses each sleeping two guests. The house names are Lakeside, Sunrise and Sea Breeze, all with en-suite bathrooms and balconies with loungers. Lakeside and Sunrise can both be arranged with twin beds.
Moskito Island is situated in the beautiful and unspoiled British Virgin Islands. The island features private luxury Estates, as well as a recreation area and white sandy beaches, providing the perfect balance between that ‘home away from home’ feeling combined with the full range of services you’d expect from a luxury resort. Moskito Island is designed to cater to every taste.
Recreation and Dining
The shared recreation area on the island’s eastern side is where guests can take advantage of a wide range of activities based around the Beach House, infinity pool and bar, tennis pavilion, dining pavilions and watersports center.
Fine food is the highlight of any guests' stay on Moskito Island, and the options are endless. Bespoke menus can be created around your individual tastes, or if you’re lacking inspiration let the chefs do the work. At the recreational area dining can be formal or informal, indoor or outdoor, themed or traditional, beachside or poolside, or even under the stars. All meals and events can be arranged by the team on island. The Beach House kitchen is directly adjacent to a terrace and outdoor dining area with a grill and dedicated pizza oven, with seating up to 26.
With steady trade winds, warm turquoise waters, beautiful trails and two tennis courts, Moskito Island is the perfect playground for dozens of activities on land or on the water of course. The Moskito Island team will be happy to arrange or facilitate any of the activities you’d like to try. As a general rule if the activity involves leaving the island or if a boat with a motor is required then a charge will apply.
Mountain Biking - There are mountain bikes for guests to use and a series of trails to suggest, both on Moskito Island and off. For even more of a challenge try the coral beds on Anegada Island or the steep rolling hills on Virgin Tortola.
Fitness - If your intention is to work out and get stronger, the Moskito Island gym is the place to start. There are organic yoga mats, fitness balls, a TRX system and all the usual fitness machines including a treadmill, Peloton bike, rowing machine and upright bike.
Tennis - There are two floodlit Astroturf tennis courts located by the Beach House. Both courts have beginner and advanced rackets available along with ball baskets in the Tennis Pavilion. Individual or groups lessons (at an additional cost) can be arranged, tournaments, or just someone to hit a few balls with. If you’d like to ‘rage against the machine’, there is also an automated ball machine available.
Team sports - If your group wants to show off their competitive side team games including basketball, 5-a-side football, beach volleyball, water volley and beach cricket can be organized.
Treasure Hunts and Beach Olympics - These group activities are a great way to get everyone involved and can be adapted to suit all ages, particularly if there are children in your party, or adults who refuse to grow up.
Moskito Island is family-friendly and welcomes children of all ages - the island is a really fun and relaxed environment for children to play. Special arrangements can be made for your kids including tailored meals and activities. Although there is no specific Kids Club the team is on hand to organize a range of activities specially for the children, from treasure hunts to pool games, beach picnics and mini Olympics, there's plenty to keep the little ones busy.
- Alfresco dining
- Flat screen TV
- Floodlit tennis courts
- Foosball Table
- Fully Staffed Villa
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Laundry room
- Non-motorized water sports: use of paddle boards, kayaks & snorkeling gear
- Pool Table
- Poolside bar
- Resort gym
- Sun loungers
- Table tennis
- Three freshwater infinity pools – one at each villa, as well as a shared infinity pool at the recreation area
- Bedrooms 1 - 3 (Headland House): Master Suite with 180-degree views out to sea. There is a sundeck that extends out from bedroom. This room boasts direct access to the living area, the infinity pool and the suite of rooms behind the bed including bathroom, two walk-in wardrobes and laundry room. The other guest bedrooms also face out to sea.
- Bedroom 4 (Beach Villa): Flamingo Nest Master Suite with large deck, king-size bed just steps away from a large bathtub, large screen TV concealed in a wooden chest and behind the bed is the vanity area with dual sinks and separate shower. There is also a nursery behind the bathroom area that can sleep up to two infants
- Bedrooms 5 - 7 (Beach Villa): Arranged to the left and right of Beach Villa: Turtle, Gecko and Palm - each have en-suite bathrooms, balconies with sun lounger and views onto the beach and out to sea. Gecko and Palm can both be arranged with twin beds
- Bedroom 8 (Mangrove Villa): Tree Tops Master Suite with sea views, large bathtub, and king-size bed positioned with a concealed TV in the chest at the foot operated by remote control. To the rear of the room is the vanity area with dual sinks, shower and nursery. On the private deck is a double daybed
- Bedrooms 9 - 11 (Mangrove Villa): Three additional houses each sleeping two guests. The house names are Lakeside, Sunrise and Sea Breeze, all with en-suite bathrooms and balconies with loungers. Lakeside and Sunrise can both be arranged with twin beds
- Direct access to a protected sandy beach with foosball and table tennis at the Beach Villa
- All meals and drinks (including all alcoholic beverages) served in a variety of locations plus chef services in your villa
- A range of fruit and healthy snacks in your villa’s fridge and these are replenished daily
- Return launch transfers from the airports at Beef Island on Virgin Tortola (EIS) or the smaller airport on Virgin Gorda (VIJ)
- Access to all facilities both at your Estate but also in the shared Recreation Area
- Two floodlit tennis courts and gym
- A range of watersports using the latest equipment including kitesurfing, kayaking, paddle boarding, windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Wireless internet
- Laundry services (dry cleaning not available)
- Spa treatments
- Motorized watersports i.e. water-skiing, wakeboarding and off-island boat excursions
- Moskito Island is situated in the British Virgin Islands. The closest international airport is on Tortola (Beef Island – airport code EIS) which is a 35-minute flight from San Juan and a 1 hour 20 minute flight from Antigua. It is possible to fly to the British Virgin Islands via many parts of the Caribbean, with the most popular routes being via San Juan, Antigua and St. Thomas. Private jets can land at Beef Island and at the airport in St. Thomas (STT).
- By private launch Moskito Island is approximately 30 minutes from Tortola and 10 minutes from Virgin Gorda where there is another smaller airport, however flights to this airport are limited and the runway is not paved.
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate October 1, 2021 – November 20, 2021 • Exclusive use - 4 rooms 4 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 16,000 USD nightly $ 112,000 USD weekly October 1, 2021 – November 20, 2021 • Exclusive use - 11 rooms 11 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 33,000 USD nightly $ 231,000 USD weekly November 21, 2021 – November 28, 2021 • Thanksgiving - Exclusive use - 11 rooms 11 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 34,650 USD nightly $ 242,550 USD weekly November 29, 2021 – December 21, 2021 • Exclusive use - 4 rooms 4 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 16,000 USD nightly $ 112,000 USD weekly November 29, 2021 – December 21, 2021 • Exclusive use - 11 rooms 11 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 33,000 USD nightly $ 231,000 USD weekly December 22, 2021 – January 6, 2022 • Festive - Exclusive use - 11 rooms 11 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 36,300 USD nightly $ 254,100 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: A 2.5% service charge will be added to your bill.