Show More Show Less
- 4 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
Sa Terra Rotja also has a private heated swimming pool (15 x 5.5 metres) and plenty of space on the terrace for sunbathing. This villa comfortably sleeps eiight adults in four en-suite bedrooms making it the perfect place to sit back, relax and enjoy the view.
If you manage to pull yourself away from the heated pool, or leave the comfort of your bedroom, within Sa Terra Rotja there are other beautifully designed spaces to enjoy. Relax in the large lounge area with access to the outdoor pergola or find a snack in the sleek kitchen. For dinner, both indoor and outdoor dining areas are available so the choice is completely up to you. Spectacular views are guaranteed from both locations!
The Son Bunyola Estate
Welcome to Son Bunyola on the picturesque Spanish island of Mallorca, Sir Richard Branson's favorite Mallorcan Retreat. The estate on Mallorca's northwest coast covers 680 acres of stunning landscape and includes three villas: Sa Punta de S’Aguila, Sa Terra Rotja and Son Balagueret. With five and four bedrooms respectively, these villas are currently available to book for stays of 7 nights.
Central to the estate is a large historic manor house, or ‘finca’, dating from the 1800's. This building is currently unused and forms an incredible centerpiece to the dramatic scenery. Terracing surrounds the manor house with vines, citrus fruit trees, almonds and hundreds of olive trees.
The Son Bunyola estate is part of a World Heritage site and is home to many olive and almond trees as well as grape vines. Due to its position located on a mountain range parallel to the north-west coastline, centuries of agricultural activity have transformed the landscape with terraces and inter-connected water ways. This spectacular setting is definitely one of the most prized aspects of the estate and is something the team are happy to protect and enhance. The north-west coast has local rocky beaches. If you are looking for sandy beaches, head to the south-east side of the Island.
Eating and taking advantage of the fresh produce around the island is definitely one of the most important aspects of staying at Son Bunyola! The local produce such as fish, lamb, meats cheeses, fresh bread and pastries and of course olives have a huge influence on the seasonal menus. In general Mallorcan wine is served, both red and white which is of high quality.
All inclusive rates include daily continental breakfast plus lunch and dinner for six nights. The chefs and hostess will prepare a selection of cold dishes for breakfast before leaving each evening and you can help yourself in the morning, so there’s definitely no need to rush! Lunch is served buffet style and three-course dinners can be tailor made according to your preferences, or enjoy local Mallorcan and Mediterranean style dishes. On one day during your stay, you can arrange visit some of the local restaurant offerings. All drinks including alcoholic beverages are included and you are welcome to help yourself.
If opting for self-catering pop to the local markets to buy the freshest ingredients to enjoy during your stay or arrange to have your fridge filled with all of your favorite food and drinks. In-villa dining with a private chef can also be organized during your stay (additional charges will apply).
Things to Do
- Spa Treatments -Spa treatments are subject to availability and an additional cost will be applied
- Swimming - Take a dip in your private heated pool just steps away from your villa
- Tennis - Play a spot of tennis on the nearby court (rackets and balls provided). The tennis court is shared by all three villas
- Walking - Settled within the beautiful Mallorcan mountainous landscape, the area is perfect for hiking expeditions
- Golf - There are over 20 golf courses on the island, many of which are of a high standard
- Sailing - During a vacation on a beautiful Spanish island, it would be wrong not to experience a sailing trip on the tranquil Mediterranean waters
- Deep Sea Fishing - With the clear Mediterranean waters, the area truly is perfect for sailing and fishing
- Explore Mallorca - By car, it is well worth exploring the surrounding area of Mallorca with its beautiful scenery and many charming villages. You will find art galleries, museums, shops, restaurants and beaches only a short distance away
- Children's Activities - There’s plenty of activities to keep the children occupied during their stay from poolside fun with inflatable animals, to pizza making with the Head Chef
Please be aware additional fees do apply for some activities.
- Air conditioned bedrooms
- Coffee machine
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Outdoor dining
- Pool towels
- Table tennis
- Private swimming pool (15 x 5.5 meters)
- The pool is heated (as and when necessary) and has steps into pool. Temperature can reach 29/30 degrees Celsius (84/86 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Rooms at Sa Terra Rotja are arranged together at one end of the villa apart from the private Master Suite on the upper level which has magnificent views out to sea. All bedrooms feature en-suite bathrooms, Bose speakers and a complimentary selection of toiletries.
- The northwest Mallorcan coast is renowned for its pebbly beaches and coves. Son Bunyola has a small pebble beach and is enjoyed by hikers walking the famous coastal track from Banyalbufar to Port des Canonge (the little fishing village just beyond the estate). The walk to the beach will take 20 minutes.
- Welcome basket
- Daily housekeeping
- Towels and linen throughout the week
- Pool and garden attendant (to set-up furniture and pool for the day)
- Concierge assistance to book taxis and make restaurant reservations
- All Inclusive Rates include: All drinks including wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks and Spanish sparkling wine, daily continental breakfast (chefs will prepare a selection of cold items so you can help yourself), lunch and dinner for 6 days tailored to your tastes
- Landry service
- In villa dining with a private chef (pre-booking required)
- Shopping service (24 hours notice required)
- Visitors to the island of Mallorca typically arrive via the capital, Palma, whose airport is around a 40 minute drive to the estate
- To reach the estate, it is recommended to rent a car which will give you additional flexibility when exploring the area
- The traditional Mallorcan villages of Banyalbufar and Esporles are a few kilometers away from Son Bunyola, providing a variety of restaurants, tapas bars and other local amenities
- Check-out: 11 am
Pricing is available upon request. Please complete the form below to inquire about this villa and pricing.
- Tax and service charges: Please note that the Balearic Tourist Tax of €2 per person per night will be due upon check-out Please add 10% service charge to all rates. Please note: Sa Terra Rotja is not available to book on a self-catering basis in July and August