Show More Show Less
- 1 bedroom
- 1 bathroom
- Sleeps 2
Built on the exact spot at the end of the peninsula where proprietor Gregor Nassief planned to build his dream home, Zabuco I captures the resort’s inherent aura of romance, providing the ultimate escape for those in love. Built on a majestic clifftop promontory, Zabuco I allows you and yours to feel like true nobility as you float above the ocean below.
The view from Zabuco I is truly panoramic from all sides of the cliffs out to the sea, best enjoyed from the outdoor deck or plunge pool. Guests also have exclusive use of the enchanting Wild Orchid Garden Decks—the perfect spot for secluded romance and relaxation or to watch the sun slowly set into the sea. In 2013, Zabuco I was voted the third sexiest bedroom in the world by the Smith Awards.
Design & Location
The luxury Zabuco I Villa is situated at the furthest point of the Secret Bay promontory with breathtaking 180-degree views over the mountain peaks of Dominica and the sparkling Caribbean Sea. The floors and interiors are made of splendid Guyanese Greenheart; the beautiful bedroom furniture was made from Dominican Red Cedar by local craftsmen; and the finishes throughout the villa are of luxurious quality. You’ll feel as if you’re floating above the world in this airy, sunlight-filled yet totally secluded space.
Secret Bay’s concierge will create personalized itineraries for your stay, arranging everything from yoga at the Bwa Mang Wellness Pavilion to couple’s massage at the tree-top Gommier Spa or exhilarating adventure in the mountainous landscape of Dominica. Your dedicated villa attendant will be on call and will provide discreet service, allowing you to experience the perfect balance of romance, privacy and pampering.
Features & Amenities
- Exclusive and private access to Wild Orchid Garden Decks with loungers
- Private plunge pool with spacious deck area
- Barbecue area
- Shaded hammock sofa suspended from beneath the villa
- Outdoor shower
- Vast open deck with dining and lounge spaces
- Wood bi-folding doors for indoor-outdoor living
- Modern state-of-the-art open-plan kitchen with granite countertops
- State-of-the-art Sonos Bluetooth speakers
- Appliances include: large refrigerator/freezer with icemaker, electric stove, oven, microwave, toaster, blender, juicer, espresso machine, griller, electric kettle, dishwasher and washing machine/dryer
- Air-conditioning is available in the living room and bedrooms
- Television with cable and Apple TV with Netflix access
- Wide selection of books and board games
- Wine cooler
Elegantly immersed within a clifftop rainforest on “The Nature Island” of the Caribbean is Secret Bay, among the leading boutique hotels in the world. Comprised of eight secluded and sustainably-built villas and bungalows, Secret Bay is the genuine embodiment of a luxurious hideaway, allowing guests to melt into the soul of the island; to dwell within a rudimentary habitat amid five-star amenities and access to unfathomable experiences.
Conceptualized by celebrated architect Fruto Vivas, Secret Bay’s body of residences are renowned for their artful fusion of high design and locally-sourced craftsmanship, forming open-air luxury residences enveloped in an eden of lush vegetation. As an eco-luxury resort composed entirely of sustainably-sourced materials, Secret Bay exists in a beautiful equilibrium of responsibility to its environment and a commitment to guest comfort. A dedicated attendant tends to guest needs in-villa, inclusive of intimate fine dining, spa services and an adventure concierge. Five-star service is extensively personal, from mattress firmness to pre-stocked refrigerators, tailored to the desires, lifestyles, and preferences of each individual guest.
This secluded compound is just a 10-minute drive to the quaint town of Portsmouth and one hour from Dominica’s capital, Roseau. The beautiful expanse of Prince Rupert Bay, edged by one of the longest, often deserted, white-sand beaches on the island, is a 10-minute kayak ride away. Other nearby sites include the well-preserved Fort Shirley at the Cabrits National Park, the ever-enchanting Indian River and the Northern Forest Reserve.
Secret Bay has direct access to two paradisaical swimming beaches: Tibay Beach, and the soft white-sand Secret Beach, inclusive of a natural rock-formed arch, hidden sea-cliff cave, and rich marine life. Guests are given unlimited complimentary access to adventure equipment such as kayaks, paddle boards, and snorkel gear.
While a Secret Bay getaway is one enveloped in natural luxury—from the lush rainforest just beyond your bedroom to the open-air architecture of your state-of-the-art kitchen—we believe indulgence shouldn’t stop there. The luxurious amenities complete the most unrivaled, romantic Caribbean escape. Begin your day with a rejuvenating yoga class at the Bwa Mang Wellness Pavilion, find peace of both body and mind at the Gommier Spa, delight in succulent local fare at Zing Zing Restaurant and cap your evening with cocktails on the Vetivert Sunset Deck. This is, truly, paradise found.
Please note: The whole resort including the Zabuco Honeymoon Villas, Ti-Fèy Villa, and the Ylang Ylang Villas can be rented exclusively. Contact a villa specialist for details.
- Apple TV
- Cable TV
- DVD player
- Espresso coffee maker
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Private plunge pool
- Selection of books, DVDs and board games
- Sonos Sound System
- Wine Cooler
- Wireless internet
- Private plunge pool with spacious deck area
- Bedroom 1: King sized bed, air-conditioning
- Direct access to Tibay Beach and Secret Beach
- Welcome dinner for stays of 7 nights or more
- Laundry service
- 24-Hour security
- Linens and towels changed every 3 days
- Airport transfers for stays of 7 nights or more are included
- The Waitukubuli Wanderer – An all-terrain air-conditioned 4-door 4-wheel drive vehicle with a knowledgeable driver for day excursions
- Car rental for the duration of your stay
- Personal chef service
- Pre-stocking of your favorite foods (where available) as well as a delicious and wide selection of locally grown produce
- A selection of organic food baskets
- Private evening one-man jazz concert on your terrace (villas only)
- 10 Minutes from Portsmouth
- 1 Hour from Roseau
- Approximately 1 hour from Douglas Charles Airport (DOM)
- 3028 sq ft including: Inside (1,010 sq ft), Covered terrace (458 sq ft), covered outdoor living (1,250 sq ft.), Pool deck (170 sq st) and pool (140 sq ft)
- Adventure equipment is provided (including: mountain bikes; kayaks; stand-up paddle board; yoga mats and snorkeling and swimming gear)
- Check-in: 3 pm
- Check-out: 11 am
- Non smoking villa
- Children between the ages of 7 and 16 years old are welcome in any of our one-bedroom villas with a signed liability waiver from an accompanying parent or guardian
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate September 23, 2023 – December 15, 2023 • Autumn Breeze 1 bedrooms 3 nights minimum stay $ 2,532 USD nightly $ 17,724 USD weekly December 16, 2023 – January 5, 2024 • The Great Escape 1 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 3,095 USD nightly $ 21,665 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: Please add 10% tax and 10% service charge to all rates
- Security deposit: Credit card is collected upon arrival
Inquire about this villa
More villas you might like
1 bedroom 2 bath Dominica villa in Secret Bay
A six-star all-villa rainforest resort experience, featuring secluded clifftop residential-style villas with private plunge pools, dedicated villa hosts, on-call concierge, chefs and guides, secret beaches, and transformative experiences curated just for you.