Sol y Sombra
6 bedroom BVI villa in Virgin Gorda
Absolutely stunning! The natural beauty surrounding this first-class private beach estate will truly take your breath away - your choice of two perfect white-sand beaches are just steps away from Sol y Sombra through either of two carved Indonesian gates.Book This Villa
Show More Show Less
- 6 bedrooms
- 6.5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
Entering this enchanting villa, a coralstone staircase descends through luxuriant landscaping where the drama of this superb property unfolds: four pavilions within over an acre of fully-fenced and gated grounds embrace a sweeping coralstone terrace set with a large infinity-edge pool and are bordered by an expanse of green lawn.
The spacious main pavilion offers a large Great Room with a state-of-the-art entertainment system, a shaded terrace with wet bar just outside, and is flanked by a formal dining room which seats 12 (with additional seating for 8 just outside on the covered terrace; perfect for lazy breakfasts) and a wonderful gourmet kitchen fully equipped with an icemaker, Viking gas range, wine fridge, espresso machine and all expected SubZero and Cuisinart appliances. Adjoining is the air-conditioned office, completely outfitted with a computer with DSL line and Wi-Fi, printer, fax, cable TV and a powder room. An enclosed air-conditioned gym with a smooth bamboo floor features exercise equipment and satellite TV.
Just outside and at one end of the pool is the second pavilion offering an air-conditioned king master suite with its own covered verandah, walk-in closet and a beautiful bath with an exotic alfresco shower looking out to a burst of tropical flowers. On the other end of the pool is Sol y Sombra's second pavilion, ingeniously built around huge smooth boulders for which Virgin Gorda is famous. This pavilion offers a pool-level air-conditioned bedroom/bath suite with two twin beds and its own verandah, and above it via a staircase curving around a mammoth boulder is the unique second air-conditioned master suite. This dramatic bedroom/bath suite opens out to a pergola'ed terrace outfitted with hammocks, a private and breathtaking vantage point offering fantastic sea views off the Baths and across Sir Francis Drake Channel to green islands and cays on the horizon. Both of these suites offer alfresco showers.
The Tennis Suite, an air-conditioned guest house, is situated behind the Great Room pavilion, just across the estate's private lighted tennis court, and boasts its own air-conditioned sitting room with two twin daybeds, cable TV and a kitchenette; an air-conditioned king bedroom and full bath adjoins. This suite is bordered by a partially-shaded verandah, and from it a circular staircase climbs to a cool rooftop aerie.
Luxurious Sol y Sombra is distinguished by sumptuous Thai teak furnishings adorned with rich fabrics, handcrafted mahogany windows and doors with brass fittings, handsome native stonework, cool gold-hued coralstone flooring (so kind to bare feet, inside and out), luxury bed linens, and a charming collection of elephants gracing garden nooks and crannies. A cook is available by request; no staff live on the estate, so your complete privacy at secluded Sol y Sombra is assured. This A-list beach property promises a holiday of a lifetime to those seeking the very best for their private Caribbean holiday...five stars, and with our own personal recommendation! All guests at Sol y Sombra receive welcome snacks on arrival, a tour of the villa and the beach - and all repeat guests are treated to a complimentary full dinner at the villa, prepared by one of Virgin Gorda's chefs, on the second evening of their stay at Sol y Sombra.
- 2 Bicycles
- 2 ocean kayaks
- 5-CD player
- 6 Dish Network/satellite flat-screen TVs
- A/C in Tennis Suite's sitting room + in gym
- A/C in all bedrooms
- ADCOM Entertainment System with surround sound + indoor/outdoor speakers
- Assorted sizes of snorkel gear sets + life jackets for both adults + children
- Automatic generator
- Beach chairs + umbrellas
- Cooler + beach toys
- DVD player
- Elliptical trainer
- Free Pay-Per-View movies
- Gourmet kitchen with Viking + SubZero appliances
- Laundry facilities for guests' use
- Lighted artificial grass tennis court with a basketball hoop
- Loaner tennis racquets
- Movie + music collections
- Nespresso Machine
- Pool floats
- Portable nylon Pack 'n' Play crib + highchair (set up with advance notice)
- Sony Home Theatre projector/TV with pull-down large screen in Great Room
- Vonage phone line for free international calling
- Weber gas grill
- Welcome arrival snacks
- Wet bar
- Wi-Fi throughout property
- Wine Cooler
- 25' x 45' (irregular shape) x 3-1/2 x 6-3/4' deep, infinity edge with colored lighting for night
- Main villa: 1 king, 1 queen + 2 twins (OR 1 king, your choice). Tennis Suite: 1 king, + 2 twin daybeds* in Tennis Suite's sitting room (for 1 to 2 children under 18 ONLY)
- Little Trunk Bay Beach is just steps away!
- Housekeeping: Five days per week (Mondays through Fridays - add $75 per day additional for service over weekends or on public holidays)
- *9th + *10th persons may sleep on the 2 twin daybeds* (in the Tennis Suite's air-conditioned living area) - both must be children under 18 years only, please.
- Saturday to Saturday Rentals Only - For dates in 2019 only Saturday to Saturday rentals are allowed.
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate August 1, 2022 – October 31, 2022 • Saturday to Saturday 6 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 3,334 USD nightly $ 23,338 USD weekly November 1, 2022 – December 24, 2022 • Saturday to Saturday 6 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 3,889 USD nightly $ 27,223 USD weekly December 25, 2022 – January 5, 2023 • Christmas / New Year's - Saturday to Saturday 6 bedrooms 10 nights minimum stay $ 5,500 USD nightly $ 38,500 USD weekly January 6, 2023 – April 30, 2023 • Saturday to Saturday 6 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 4,723 USD nightly $ 33,061 USD weekly May 1, 2023 – July 31, 2023 • Saturday to Saturday 6 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 3,889 USD nightly $ 27,223 USD weekly August 1, 2023 – October 31, 2023 • Saturday to Saturday 6 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 3,334 USD nightly $ 23,338 USD weekly November 1, 2023 – December 14, 2023 • Saturday to Saturday 6 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 3,889 USD nightly $ 27,223 USD weekly December 15, 2023 – January 5, 2023 • Christmas / New Year's - Saturday to Saturday 6 bedrooms 10 nights minimum stay $ 5,500 USD nightly $ 38,500 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: Please add 10% tax plus 10% service charge to all rates. Saturday to Saturday rentals required.
- Security deposit: $1000