St. Bernard’s Hill House
5 bedroom BVI villa in Tortola
Surrounded within a lush oasis of royal palms, this private 8-acre hilltop estate provides an amazing 300-degree bird's-eye view of the Virgins and miles and miles of azure sea and sky to the distant horizon.Inquire About This Villa
Show More Show Less
- 5 bedrooms
- 6.5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- Kids Welcome
This five-bedroom property consists of four gingerbread-trimmed pavilions set within bowers of colorful bougainvillea, bird of paradise, tall Royal palms and sea almond trees. St. Bernard's spacious Main Pavilion comprises the richly-decorated Great Room, a dining room which seats 10, spacious well-equipped kitchen, an air-conditioned study with a computer and a powder room. Arched doorways open out to a wonderful deep covered verandah which spans three sides of this Pavilion, overlooking the Caribbean and Atlantic's blue majesty dotted with green islands and cays. Various seating and alfresco dining areas are scattered around the wrap-around shady deck, ready for convivial gatherings, cocktails, or a game of chess or cards any time of day or night. On the lee side are a bar and cushioned seating for watching the big flat-screen satellite TV.
The Main Pavilion also houses a large king bedroom/bath suite. This sequestered master suite offers a carved mahogany four-poster bed and West Indian antique desk; screened French doors lead to a private verandah, a cool outdoor area with pool and sea views set with chaise lounges for two. A hallway leads from the bedroom to its spacious en-suite master bath, featuring a double-sink vanity, a big tiled shower and bathtub, and a second hallway into the Main Pavilion.
On the south side of the Main Pavilion is a manicured lawn which borders a wonderfully unique terrace overlooking the yachts coming and going below in Sopers Hole and a panoramic vista of islands and sea clear to the distant horizon. Dark polished imbuia wood, cushioned teak furniture and a canvas umbrella give this terrace a distinct luxury-yacht flavor. A few stairs from the lawn area descend through tropical plantings and past a private grassy nook with a hammock to the pool and tiled sun deck below, a totally-private haven dotted with chaise lounges and umbrellas. The superb infinity-edged pool is heated 24/7; the pool and deck overlook Tortola's Long Bay Beach, the sands of Smugglers Cove and the salt pond, where occasionally pink flamingos are spotted. A shaded alcove sitting area is just off the deck, adjoined by a full bath and an outside shower.
From the main entrance of the Main Pavilion, a walkway meanders through lovely gardens and tropical trees to the separate Oriental Cottage, tucked just far enough away from the Main Pavilion to provide romantic privacy. This air-conditioned Cottage features a king bed (which can be made up as two twins, with advance notice), a roomy covered hardwood verandah which wraps around two sides of the Cottage, a bath with large tiled shower, separate WC, TV and DVD player, iPod dock/CD player/radio, and a coffeemaker, microwave and mini-fridge for private breakfasts or snacks for just two.
The Double Cottage is just adjacent to the Main Pavilion. This unique, two-bedroom, two-bath air-conditioned Cottage is just perfect for parents and small children. It offers the Contemporary and Caribbean suites, two bedroom/bath suites under one roof joined by an interior hallway. Both suites have a TV with DVD player and an iPod dock/CD player/radio. The Contemporary suite has a king bed and its own en-suite bath, and a cool, shaded L-shaped verandah via screened French doors. The adjoining Caribbean suite, with a king bed (which can be separated into two twin beds with your advance request), also has an en-suite tiled bath and a verandah overlooking the bustling marine activity below in Sopers Hole and St. John beyond. Both imbuia-wood verandahs are connected at the front of Double Cottage for easy access to both adjoining suites.
Next door to Double Cottage is the charming Colonial Cottage, a separate air-conditioned bungalow with a four-poster queen bed, en-suite bath, TV and DVD player, iPod/CD player/radio, a coffeemaker, microwave and min-fridge for your early-morning convenience and privacy, and a wraparound verandah furnished with chairs and tables overlooking expanses of ocean and green islets and cays. Below Double Cottage is the new air-conditioned home gym, well equipped with varied fitness gear, mirrors, a TV, DVD player, an iPod dock/CD player, and beautiful bamboo flooring.
St. Bernard's Hill House offers serene seclusion in a very private, lush setting within an electronically-gated enclave. It boasts some of the most mesmerizing wide-angled views of ocean and islands to be seen anywhere. Its lofty hilltop location invites cool trade winds wafting through the 8 acres of tropical landscaping and sweeping across the generous verandahs - this estate celebrates pampered outdoor island living in style. Eclectic and pleasing décor from around the world graces this unique property, with antique pieces, original Caribbean artwork, white gauzy curtains blowing in the breeze all adding to its charm and natural beauty - this is perfection from sunrise to sunset, and into the balmy island night with a sparkling canopy of stars overhead. All bedrooms are air-conditioned and screened, and are very well situated on the estate for maximum privacy for couples.
You'll be superbly cared for by St. Bernard's Hill House's gracious and attentive staff. Five luxurious stars!
- 3 satellite TVs with DVD players + 4 TVs with DVD players (a 42-inch flat-screen satellite TV in covered outdoor bar/lounge area, a 40-inch flat-screen satellite TV in Main Pavilion's king be
- Staffed Villa
- Heated pool with infinity edge, 18' x 25' x 4'-7' deep, with shaded alcove with seating, full bath + mini-fridge at pool area.
- 4 king-sized beds + 1 queen (3 of the kings in Oriental, Caribbean and Contemporary Cottage bedrooms can be changed to 2 twins - please request in advance, before your arrival)
- A powder room is in the Main Pavilion, plus there is a full tiled bath with shower just off the pool deck. Main Pavilion's king suite also has a bathtub and a spacious dressing room.
- Smugglers Cove Beach, just a quick drive down the hill (about 7 minutes)
- Your St. Bernard's Hill House's housekeeper takes great pride in the house and care of her guests. Every day she will ensure that your accommodation is kept beautifully clean and fresh at all times, so your room is always a haven of relaxation
- The estate's gardener will be happy to take you on a tropical garden tour during your stay. Ask him about our local fruit and vegetables, and try some too! Keep a watch out for the different species of birds that make their homes in the grounds of St. Bernard's Hill House
- Includes Chef for 3 full meals + afternoon tea and snacks
- Personal laundry service, washing and ironing, is available upon request at $25 per hour
- No smoking
- Children are welcome (please request setup of villa's wooden baby crib and of any other baby gear, if needed, well before your arrival)
- Square Footage: Approximate interior: 5200 + exterior: 5500 = TOTAL: 10,700 sq. ft.
- We recommend that you rent only 4WD vehicles for this hilltop estate.
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate November 18, 2023 – December 14, 2023 5 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 4,056 USD nightly $ 28,392 USD weekly December 15, 2023 – January 5, 2024 • Christmas / New Year's 5 bedrooms 10 nights minimum stay $ 5,040 USD nightly $ 35,280 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: Please add 10% tax to all rates Rates not inclusive of 15% pre-paid staff gratuity or $5,000 food and beverage deposit due prior to travel
- Security deposit: A security deposit of $1,000.00 is required for St. Bernard's Hill House.
Inquire about this villa
More villas you might like
6 bedroom 6.5 bath BVI villa in Virgin Gorda
Absolutely stunning! The natural beauty surrounding this first-class private beach estate will truly take your breath away - your choice of two perfect white-sand beaches are just steps away from Sol y Sombra through either of two carved Indonesian gates.