Show More Show Less
- 3 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
So very sophisticated and elegant, Symbio celebrates superb artistic design and detailed fine-craftsman execution throughout every space of this stunning two-bedroom, fully air-conditioned villa set on two-thirds of an acre.
On Symbio's main floor, a beautifully-furnished Great Room shares space with a stunning open-plan gourmet kitchen and dining area. In the high-ceilinged Great Room, handsome mobile wood panels are hung on rails in the Great Room so that you may slide them around to cover sections of the glass slider doors to prevent glare while watching the large flat-screen satellite TV during the day. The backs of the Great Room's ingenious upholstered designer sofas easily rotate around to the other side of these couches so you can either face the TV or enjoy the view outside without moving any furniture.
Glass sliding pocket doors open completely around the Great Room to incorporate the adjoining wrap-around covered terrace, furnished with a large modular sofa and hung with draperies to draw as you please to keep out sun or rain. More cushioned seating on the terrace overlooks the pool and gardens below, and beyond, azure sea views and fiery tropical sunsets. Angled concrete stairs descend from this terrace to an interim hardwood deck fitted with benches and a picnic table, and continue down to the pool, garden and gym level.
Alongside the Great Room and terrace is Symbio's magnificent kitchen, featuring custom cabinetry lined with bar stools and a domed barrel ceiling done in warm graceful curves of exotic Ipe and maple hardwoods, polished concrete countertops inlaid with sea glass, and equipped with stainless steel Viking appliances. At one end of the kitchen is a bar/coffee nook, and at the other end, a convenient door opens out to Symbio's fully-screened alfresco grill kitchen and wet bar, another comfortable and convivial spot furnished with bar stools at the sleek counter.
Through an archway from the Great Room and kitchen is the dining area. This alluring room boasts curved handcrafted Ipe-wood cabinetry and a large glass dining table with seating for six. Pocket glass slider doors fronting one side of the dining room disappear into the wall, opening up the screened grill kitchen and bar just outside as a bonus space for cocktails and grilling.
Down the hallway is a convenient powder room enhanced with a very unique door - original art sandwiched between glass and hardwood - and a chef's pantry with a large Viking refrigerator and workspace.
Symbio's air-conditioned queen guest suite is at the far end of the corridor, a restful retreat with a bay window seat, a spacious desk, light-blocking window treatments which allow you to sleep as late as you wish, and glass slider doors which open to a private covered verandah hung with pull-draperies for privacy. A concrete staircase conveniently spirals down from this terrace to the pool and gym level, perfect for a private midnight swim and stargazing. This suite's bathroom features a handsome double vanity of polished concrete and wood, and an alfresco rain shower sheltered by an arc of curved glass blocks.
The air-conditioned king master suite is an alluring and very private space, showcasing superb design. Accessed by a contoured staircase ascending near the villa's entrance and completely secluded on Symbio's upper level, this serene suite has a covered breezeway porch (perfect for yoga and massage, or a game of cards) and adjacent, a small step-out balcony which overlooks the pool area. The master suite offers a desk, and from the king bed, an ocean view. The en-suite bath features a richly-designed double vanity of warm wood and highly-polished concrete. For privacy, the WC is tucked behind an artful half-moon wall of tinted glass block; adjoining is the semi-alfresco rain shower, also partially enclosed by opaque glass block.
On the pool level of the villa is the newly added third bedroom. This stylish en-suite bedroom includes a queen size bed with companion day bed to accommodate an additional guest.
On Symbio's pool level are gardens and giant boulders providing privacy for sunbathing, swimming and relaxing. Sun umbrellas and awnings are placed throughout the grounds, providing shady oases for reading and private moments. The freeform pool has a graduated walk-in entry just like a beach, is chlorine-free and features a fountain. From the pool deck, a wooden walkway leads past an ancient ficus tree to Symbio's well-equipped and air-conditioned gym, which also boasts a shady covered patio with more cushioned seating.
Creatively constructed within and around Virgin Gorda's renowned smooth granite boulders, Symbio offers a bounty of artistic custom-designed features. Arced contours, domes and arches create a soothing serpentine flow of organic color at Symbio enhanced by warm exotic woods, peaked wood-beamed and bamboo-lined ceilings, contemporary designer furnishings, lighting by Murano and Aqua Creations and an eclectic collection of art ranging from original paintings to carved African and ethnic sculpture. Every corner, every space and every detail were carefully laid out and ingeniously accomplished in grand style, resulting in a harmonious, elegant, yet cozy home.
- Four satellite TVs with Dish Network -- 42-inch flat-screen in great room with HDTV Sony Home Theater, 32-inch flat-screen TVs in guest suite, 36-inch flat-screen TVs in master suite, and 24-
- Hammock chair in Upper Level's covered breezeway; foam pool floats, assorted snorkel gear, beach chairs, umbrellas + cooler. Tyent water purification system for drinking water; automatic gene
- IN AIR-CONDITIONED GYM: Universal Vectra Gym, Nautilus Hip Abduction, True Treadmill, Schwinn Stationary Bike, free weights, wall-to-wall mirrors, 24-inch flat-screen satellite HDTV with DVD/
- Chlorine-free pool (irregular shape, 30' x 15' x 0' - 6' deep, with a walk-in seamless edge + a fountain. Privacy at pool is provided by large boulders + lush landscaping.
- Main Level guest bedroom: queen
- Upper Level master suite: king
- Pool Level newly added queen bedroom
- Each bedroom has a beautiful custom bath with double vanities and private al fresco rain showers. Powder room on Main Level, and a full bath with a rain shower on the pool level.
- Nearest beach: Spring Bay Beach (about a 5-minute drive from Symbio); also Savanna Bay Beach and Devil's Bay.
- Housekeeping: Every other day (except Sundays and public holidays)
- Additional housekeeping service may be arranged with advance notice
- Located in Princess Quarters
- Children welcome over 10 years old
- No smoking
- Arriving Symbio guests will receive complimentary arrival snacks and tropical fruit punch.
- Square footage: Approx. Interior: 3500 + exterior (including terraces, verandahs, decks, patios, breezeway on upper level + walkway to gym: 1100 = TOTAL: 4600 square feet
- Symbio has an accomplished private chef available with advance notice. You may wish to book Chef Margaret Paul to prepare and serve your breakfasts, lunches and/or dinners for you just once, or for your entire stay. Please contact us for pricing.
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate January 6, 2023 – April 14, 2023 • 1-2 Guests 1 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 834 USD nightly $ 5,838 USD weekly January 6, 2023 – April 14, 2023 • 3-4 Guests 2 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 945 USD nightly $ 6,615 USD weekly January 6, 2023 – April 14, 2023 • 5-7 Guests 3 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 1,056 USD nightly $ 7,392 USD weekly April 15, 2023 – December 14, 2023 • 1-2 guests 1 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 612 USD nightly $ 4,284 USD weekly April 15, 2023 – December 14, 2023 • 3-4 Guests 2 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 723 USD nightly $ 5,061 USD weekly April 15, 2023 – December 14, 2023 • 5-7 Guests 3 bedrooms 5 nights minimum stay $ 834 USD nightly $ 5,838 USD weekly December 15, 2023 – January 5, 2024 • Christmas / New Year's 3 bedrooms 10 nights minimum stay $ 1,500 USD nightly $ 10,500 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: Please add 10% tax Please add a 12% mandatory service charge to all rental rates for Symbio.
- Security deposit: $60 non-refundable damage waiver
Inquire about booking this villa
More villas you might like
3 bedroom 3.5 bath BVI villa in Virgin Gorda
Bayhouse Villa, on Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands, is a luxury oceanfront residence, designed for a modern lifestyle within an unparalleled tropical setting. Just 42 feet above the beach, with stunning 180-degree views over the Caribbean Sea and neighboring islands, Bayhouse was designed mixing classical Caribbean elements and modern, contemporary style. The villa consists of two separate structures. One building contains the living room, ½ bath, kitchen, and indoor dining. The other structure has 3 bedrooms, three baths, and three private terraces. The covered outdoor dining terrace connects the two buildings. A gently sloping path leads down to the private beach access. Bayhouse is within 5 minutes of The Baths, Virgin Gorda ferry, and the restaurants and shops of Spanish Town. Tropical climates of around 80 degrees day or night, 365 days a year, and gentle trade winds allow for an open design of Bayhouse Villa, removing the traditional boundaries of indoor and outdoor living. The living room structure has an additional large covered terrace with a lounge area where you can enjoy unobstructed 180-degree views of the Caribbean Sea. A couple of steps down are the pool, a pool deck, a reflecting pool, and an outdoor shower. Tropical climates of around 80 degrees day or night, 365 days a year, and gentle trade winds allow for an open design of Bayhouse Villa, removing the traditional boundaries of indoor and outdoor living. Bayhouse is available for short term rental and also for sale.