The Manor House at Mont Rochelle
4 bedroom South Africa villa in Franschhoek
The Manor House is a beautiful four-bedroom villa located at Mont Rochelle in the heart of Franschhoek’s Klein Dassenberg mountain range and available for exclusive use year-round.Book This Villa
Show More Show Less
- 4 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
Just a short walk from the main hotel and a stone’s throw from the winery, the Manor House is ideal for families or small groups looking to escape to the winelands.
The villa comfortably sleeps eight adults and boasts a cozy bunk room that can sleep up to six children. Throughout your stay you can enjoy the stunning views, spacious common areas, kitchen, outdoor heated swimming pool and gym, not to mention the services of a chef who can prepare meals from the villa’s dedicated kitchen. You are welcome to treat the Manor House as you would your own home, but you’ll still enjoy the service you’d expect from a luxury hotel.
All bedrooms include an en-suite bathroom with bath, shower and double vanity units. All beds can be converted into twin beds, a TV is in every room as well as a fully stocked minibar. Heating and air conditioning is provided in all bedrooms.
The communal area is an impressive open plan space which includes a kitchen with double fridge freezer, an oven and breakfast bar. The large dining table can seat up to 12 guests. There are two sitting areas in the Manor House; the Winter Lounge is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of your favorite Mont Rochelle wine while the log fire burns and the Lounge is a great place for your guests to enjoy a pre-dinner aperitif. The gym, located outside in a separate room, includes weights, mats, running and cycling machines.
The Game room is the perfect place to spend time with family and friends and to also get involved in some competitive snooker table tournaments! There is also an Xbox for the (big) kids to enjoy too.
There is a plunge pool and swimming pool at the Manor House, both are heated throughout the seasons. The deck chairs by the swimming pool provide a great spot to enjoy the beautiful views of the vineyard ahead.
Mont Rochelle Estate
In Mont Rochelle’s vineyard, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Merlot, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon are among the varieties of grapes cultivated. The vineyards are situated between 250 m and 400 m above sea level on north and northeast facing slopes exposing the grapes to a range of micro climates. Mediterranean like conditions found in the Western Cape means dry summers and high winter rainfalls of 1000 mm.
At Mont Rochelle wine tasting isn’t just a special event – it’s an everyday occurrence! Wine tastings can be organized in a variety of locations, including Miko Restaurant, at the bar, at The Country Kitchen and in the wine cellar (as you might expect!).
The 150 year old wine cellar was previously used as a fruit packing shed for the early settlers. Since being converted to a traditional wine cellar, it can now process close to 150 tons of grapes in a season, and these smaller volumes afford more concentration on quality rather than quantity. Stainless steel tanks aid in the making of the crisp clean whites, while barrels are favored for the red wine making. Our wines are available to take home!
Exclusive use of the Manor House includes breakfast, lunch or dinner at either of the two restaurants or you could opt to dine privately in the house. The exclusive use rate also includes a drinks package per person, per day that can be personalized for your group, just ask a villa specialist for more information.
There are two restaurants at Mont Rochelle: Miko and the Country Kitchen. Miko is the main restaurant and is the setting for some fantastic gourmet meals including those for special occasions. Adjacent to the winery is the Country Kitchen, an ideal spot for a light lunch. All room rates include breakfast which is served in Miko. Both Miko and the Country Kitchen are open for non-resident guests, so it is recommended to call in advance to book a table.
You are welcome to explore the grounds at Mont Rochelle, and what better way to do this than with a picnic basket prepared at the Estate?! Just let the hotel know whether you’d prefer a bottle of white or red (or perhaps both)!
For those of you who love to BBQ you’ll be seriously impressed with the Braai. Chefs will be happy to cook traditional South African meats (vegetarians and vegans are also welcome). Just sit back, relax and enjoy time with friends and family!
What could be more relaxing than a spa treatment during your stay? Mont Rochelle has two dedicated spa treatment rooms as well as a Hammam. Mont Rochelle uses the eco-friendly Africology ‘Authentic’ range of products which are made from 100% essential oils and natural plant extracts. Guests are welcome to make use of the Hammam at their leisure, as long as it’s not in use for a treatment.
Take a 15-20 minute walk from the property and go exploring in Franschhoek, a traditional small town known for its picturesque beauty. There is lots to do and see including interior design boutiques, craft shops, patisseries, lovely restaurants, art galleries and museums. If you are laden down with shopping, there is a complimentary transfer service between Mont Rochelle and Franschhoek at set times of the day for lunchtime and evening visits. Outside of these times transfers and pick ups will be charged additionally.
A great way to discover the Franschhoek Valley is by the famous Wine Tram! This is a hop-on, hop-off service offering picturesque vineyards, beautiful scenery, fine wines, and world class cuisine as you travel. Here guests will have the chance to visit some of South Africa’s oldest and most distinguished wine estates travelling on an open air tram. Mont Rochelle is a stop on one of the Wine Tram routes, so guests can book the other route to sample more of the area’s vineyards.
For the active types, the gym is located outside in a separate room at the Manor House and includes weights, mats, running and cycling machines. The hotel gym is also available between 6 am and 10 pm every day. There are two treadmills, bikes, an adjustable bench and suspension training pack, dual adjustable pulley and a multipower machine, set of free weights and a body ball.
There are some wonderful routes that make it easy to explore the surrounding area on bike. Or, enjoy a hike through the hills, valleys and vineyards surrounding the Manor House, as well as in local reserves. The Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve on the opposite side of the valley offers superb views of the wine valley and on a clear day you can even see Table Mountain and the ocean!
- Air Conditioning
- Private heated plunge pool and swimming pool
- Bedroom 1 (Viognier Room): Located in a standalone building adjacent to the main Manor House, the room includes a dressing table, living area and en-suite, plus a private terrace perfectly situated to soak up the vineyard and mountain views. The shower has been cleverly designed to convert into an outdoor or indoor shower depending on your preference!
- Bedroom 2 (Chardonnay Room 1): Located downstairs, this room includes its own terrace. This spacious double bedroom has views to the front and side of the Manor House, which means there is lots of sunlight flooding in. There is plenty of wardrobe space too
- Bedroom 3 (Chardonnay Room 2): Located off of the communal dining area this room has been beautifully appointed with an en-suite bathroom and mini bar
- Bedroom 4 (The Loft Suite): The only room on the top floor of the Manor House. It has a large en-suite bathroom with a bath and shower and French doors that lead you onto your own private terrace with panoramic views of the Dassenberg Mountains. The bedroom has its own living area and plenty of wardrobe space too
- Bunk Room (Children's Room): The bunk room has two double beds, two single beds and an en-suite bathroom with bath and shower. French doors lead onto the front of the property
- Daily breakfast
- Daily 3 course lunch or dinner chosen from the menu at the Country Kitchen (lunch only) or at Miko restaurant
- A drinks package per person per day personalized for your group
- Complimentary wine tasting session
- Private use of all the facilities, including a gym and heated outdoor pool
- Complimentary selection of drinks and snacks from your minibar (replenished daily)
- Additional meals and drinks (all rates include breakfast and lunch or dinner)
- Premium wine tasting & cellar tours at Mont Rochelle’s vineyard
- Special events
- Beauty treatments including a traditional Hammam experience in the Mont Rochelle Spa
- Activities and excursions
- On demand shuttle into Franschhoek (under 5 minutes)
- Laundry facilities
- Mont Rochelle is 45 minutes’ drive from Cape Town in South Africa and is within 35 minutes’ drive of the Stellenbosch, Paarl and Somerset West wine routes
- Maximum occupancy is 8 adults and up to 6 children
Pricing is available upon request. Please complete the form below to inquire about this villa and pricing.
- Tax and service charges: Please add 10% service charge to all rates.