Show More Show Less
- 5 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
Exceptionally spacious, private and tranquil, Villa Pooja Kanda is wrapped by a two-acre tropical garden with an extensive lawn at the front. Borders overflow with flowering shrubs and exotic foliage, and this tamed wonderland makes a paradise for wildlife and birds.
Designed in the Dutch colonial style, Villa Pooja Kanda blends the new with the old. Imposing pillared verandas furnished with rattan loungers spill onto an emerald lawn and lead into airy living and dining areas through elegantly arched doors. Two of the bedrooms are on the ground floor while the remaining three offer garden views from the upper floor.
The villa’s jungle swimming pool is blissfully inviting, as are the cabinets of well-thumbed books and the air-conditioned TV room sporting an oversized cushioned daybed. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff team; whether you need a tuk-tuk to explore the local sights, a sumptuous seafood barbecue or a special birthday surprise, they will make it happen.
Groups of friends and families will love the spaciousness of Villa Pooja Kanda, which comes with plenty of children’s facilities including a pool safety fence, two extra beds, a cot, a variety of games and other essential baby equipment. Even if you come as a big family group, the villa’s roominess allows each generation ample space to relax and unwind.
Villa Pooja Kanda is located in a rural village a few kilometres inland from Habaraduwa, with many attractions close by. The villa makes a blissful base for enjoying the region’s golden beaches, the serenity of Koggala Lake and the southern tea plantations, while the striking UNESCO-listed Galle Fort is only a 20-minute drive away. Activities include cycling Galle’s hinterland, scuba diving and seasonal whale watching.
- Air conditioning in bedrooms
- Audio: iPod Dock(s)
- Barbecue grill
- Satellite TV
- Staffed Villa
- Air conditioned
- 10m x 7m x 1.5m swimming pool
- Bedroom 1 Master: King size bed draped in mosquito netting, located on the ground floor, interconnected to bedroom 2 (ideal for a family suite), lush garden views, furnished with wardrobe and sofa, en-suite bathroom with hot water shower and bathtub, air conditioned
- Bedroom 2: Queen size four poster bed draped in mosquito netting, located on the ground floor interconnected to master bedroom, lush garden views, air conditioned,en-suite bathroom with hot water shower and bathtub, air conditioned
- First floor bedrooms: 3 air conditioned bedrooms located on the first floor, four poster beds, encircled by shady balcony, air conditioned, twin sinks and hot water showers
- Additional 3 single mattresses available on request (for children; no charge)
- 10 minute drive to the closest beach
- 24-hour security
- Service staff
- Villa supervisor
- Masseuse and babysitter on request at additional charge
- 20 minute drive to Galle’s 17th century Dutch fort – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Pooja Kanda is exceptionally well equipped for families. Facilities include a high chair; baby cot; car seat; books; games; pool fencing; stair gates, playpen, baby monitor and changing mat.
Pricing is available upon request. Please complete the form below to inquire about this villa and pricing.
Inquire about booking this villa
More villas you might like
5 bedroom 5 bath Sri Lanka villa in Galle
Tucked within Galle’s historic seventeenth century fortress on the south coast of Sri Lanka, this majestic five-bedroom private villa, the former residence of the Sri Lankan Ambassador to Pakistan, Iraq and Bangladesh is bursting with colonial charm.