Zen del Mar
7 bedroom Riviera Maya villa in Akumal
Jade Beach luxury-villa sleeps up to 18 guests. Seven air-conditioned bedrooms each with private bathrooms and balconies. Private beach, 65’ (20m) pool with shallow lounging area, tiered pool-decks, spa-massage palapa and beach palapa.Book This Villa
Show More Show Less
- 7 bedrooms
- 7.5 bathrooms
- Sleeps 18
Directly on the sandy beach of Jade Bay, Akumal–Tulum, Villa Zen del Mar is a Mexican-Modern inspired luxury villa. The 7,500 sq. ft. seven-bedroom villa is designed with luxury, privacy and ultimate pampering in mind. Stunning hardwood doors open up to the foyer with three-story high glass window presenting the Caribbean Sea. Rich, hand-made Mexican terra-cotta tile floors with four stairs that invite you to a sunken oversized living room, with ample seating for 18 guests. The living room opens directly to the pool patio with sliding glass doors that disappear into the walls – giving the entire villa a feel of indoor-outdoor luxury. A generous dining room boasts a specimen dining table crafted of a single slice of salvaged hardwood trunk. The indoor dining room opens into the outdoor dining room where al-fresco breakfast is served by the villa staff and lunch or dinner may be ordered by the Villa chef.
Outside by the beach there are multiple terraced patios, along the 20-meter (65’6”) infinity-edge swimming pool with built-in lounging area – great for kids learning to swim or adults sipping a cold one. Down six steps from the elevated pool patio is the lush tropical beach-front garden with paths leading to the beach-front palapa and the beach. Three ocean kayaks are available for villa-guests. Villa Zen del Mar is fully staffed by a dedicated concierge, two maids and a caretaker / butler.
All seven bedrooms are gracefully designed with Saltillo tiled floors, hand-honed walls and seven custom-hardwood king-size beds. Ultra-luxurious crisp and cool Egyptian cotton luxury-linens are draped with Mexican artisan bed-coverings, embroidered bed canopies and authentic Yucatecan hardwood doors. Zen style showcasing a blend of ancient Mayan, Spanish colonial and modern Mexican craftmanship. The living and dining areas, with their hidden sliding glass doors offer a wonderful space for family and friends to enjoy the view of the terrace, pool and interior all at once; adding a spark of fun to the peaceful flow of the villa.
These beautifully designed bedrooms do their part for your Zen experience with their luscious king-size beds and shaded balconies. Two oversized penthouse suites offer tropical elegance as you sleep under a thatched roof and wake up to magnificent views of the ocean. Each bedroom has a unique bathroom and some with hand-made bathtubs.
Complete Seclusion offered by the walled garden ensuring complete privacy from the outside world, where the only bustle you’ll see might be from the many birds that visit the flowers and trees.
The Spa Palapa sits at the far end of the long pool where you can relax with an expert stress dissolving massage – four one-hour complimentary massages are included with a one-week rental.
Recharge. Sitting on the terrace sipping your morning coffee, looking out to sea, hearing the rolling waves come to shore and the gentle breeze gliding through the coconut trees, you can truly understand what “Zen” means. Nature seems to be echoing a relaxing mantra all about you. This spot is definitely a practice that needs to be experienced – external realities melt away. Our seven-bedroom villa on Jade Bay in Akumal, Zen del Mar, is just that – a place of serenity on the water. The villa´s three garden terraces with dining and a pool lead you down to one of the Coast´s most important sea turtle nesting beaches. You can stroll along the shore, snorkel the surreal bay or chill in the shade of the beach-palapa on a hanging beach bed.
- Air-conditioning in bedrooms
- Al fresco dining
- BBQ grill outside
- Beach Towels
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Ceiling fans
- DVD player
- Five complimentary massages
- Flat-screen TV
- Fresh margaritas and guacamole, salsa and chips on arrival
- Fully equipped kitchen w/ spices, condiments, staples
- Life vests/flotation devices
- Luxury toiletries included
- Microwave oven
- Movie collection
- Music system with iPod jack
- Pack 'n' play, highchair
- Pool Chairs
- Satellite TV
- Table ocean side
- Telephone w/ card
- Toaster oven
- Two coffee makers
- Two double ocean kayaks
- Wireless internet
- Private infinity-edge swimming pool with built-in lounging area
- Zen Suite – Bedroom 1: Conveniently on the main level of the villa, enter this ground floor suite through stunning colonial-style doors. The hardwood four-poster canopy bed, adorned with deep-hued hardwood headboard, takes you across time. An impressive en-suite all-marble bathroom has a double sink adorned with an over sized mirror. A hand-made bathtub for two is walled with glass brick – inviting in soft light and assuring full privacy. Sliding-glass doors offers amazing views of the Caribbean and the pool, as well as direct access to the pool deck and the Zen Spa Palapa.
- El Mar Suite – Bedroom 2: At the top of the stairs to the second floor enter the haven of El Mar Suite. The suite offers a canopy bed crafted of local hardwood posts with matching over sized hardwood headboard. The sliding glass door offers views of the Caribbean Sea, accessing the balcony with a secluded outdoor shower overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The en-suite bathroom has a generous double sink and a hand-made over sized marble bathtub for two.
- Arrecife Suite – Bedroom 3: As its name suggests, the Reef Suite commands a 180-degree view of “our” section of the second-largest reef in the world. This large 300 sq. ft. suite has a regal king-size canopy-bed and a second twin (single) bed, designed as a lounging sofa or offering luxurious sleeping for an additional guest. The marble-clad shower has a view of the Caribbean Sea.
- Las Olas Suite – Bedroom 4: The gentle waves of the Caribbean Sea gave this suite its name. It has an over sized sliding-glass door that open to a generous balcony – with an outdoor lounging or sleeping bed. This suite has a king-size canopy-bed and a second twin (single) bed, offering private lounging or luxurious sleeping for an additional guest. The marble-clad shower with its glass-block structure has a view of the Caribbean Sea.
- Caracol Suite – Bedroom 5: With its subdued elegance and earth tones, this suite opens up as a large seashell. Featuring one king-size and a one double bed, this suite beckons you to sleep, and wake rested. Over sized sliding glass door opens to the balcony where you may greet the morning or have an afternoon drink. The en-suite bathroom has a marble soaking tub-shower and double sink.
- Mi Amor Penthouse Suite – Bedroom 6: “Amazing” is how guests emote when they first cross the threshold of this penthouse suite. The expansive space with treetop ocean views. The soaring palapa roof creates a continuous 1,000 sq. ft. open space above the king size hardwood canopy bed. A hammock and seating area complete the feel of total sexy privacy. The over sized tub-shower speaks of “honeymoon”.
- Pasión Penthouse Suite – Bedroom 7: The Jewel in the Crown is the ultimate 1,200 sq. ft. (120 sq. m) penthouse master suite. With two seating areas, two balconies–one overlooking the jungle and one the Caribbean Sea–pampered guests never wants to leave! The hand-crafted king size bed commands the center of the suite. A custom tub is raised to gain views of the Caribbean Sea over the private balcony. Indeed, the Jewel of Zen del Mar.
- Directly on the sandy beach of Jade Bay
- Pre-arrival concierge services and pre-purchases of groceries. A 20% convenience fee over invoice plus transportation cost applies
- On arrival: Home-Made margaritas served with guacamole, salsa and chips
- Daily full breakfast
- Daily service of afternoon snacks
- Guest-services manager – Check-in and daily visits
- Two maids + one pool attendant – seven days / week
- Three ocean Kayaks
- Stand-up Paddle Board rental
- Unlimited high-speed internet
- On arrival: Refrigerator stocked with beverages (available for reservations of at least 7 nights)
- 4 Complimentary one-hour massages (available for reservations of at least 7 nights)
- Chef-prepared arrival dinner – guests pay for ingredients (available for reservations of at least 7 nights)
- Christmas and New Year's reservations also include: 2 round-trip airport transfers, Chef-prepared arrival dinner + three additional dinners – guests pay for ingredients, 4 Chef-prepared lunch services – guests pay for ingredients, 6 complimentary one hour massages
- Chef services available exclusively from villa Chef – Guests pay for Chef Services and ingredients
- Conveniently located in a secluded yet easily accessible area of the coastline, about 25 minutes south of Playa del Carmen and 15 minutes north of Tulum. We suggest reserving a rental car in advance of your arrival at Cancun International Airport for the 1-1/2 hour drive on Highway 307. Pre-arranged airport transfers are also available for a small fee.
Travel dates Bedrooms Min. stay Nightly rate Weekly rate May 28, 2022 – October 29, 2022 4 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 1,600 USD nightly $ 11,200 USD weekly May 28, 2022 – October 29, 2022 5 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 1,820 USD nightly $ 12,740 USD weekly May 28, 2022 – October 29, 2022 6 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 2,040 USD nightly $ 14,280 USD weekly May 28, 2022 – October 29, 2022 7 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 2,700 USD nightly $ 18,900 USD weekly October 29, 2022 – December 22, 2022 4 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 1,700 USD nightly $ 11,900 USD weekly October 29, 2022 – December 22, 2022 5 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 1,920 USD nightly $ 13,440 USD weekly October 29, 2022 – December 22, 2022 6 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 2,140 USD nightly $ 14,980 USD weekly October 29, 2022 – December 22, 2022 7 bedrooms 4 nights minimum stay $ 2,800 USD nightly $ 19,600 USD weekly December 22, 2022 – January 5, 2023 • Christmas / New Year's 7 bedrooms 7 nights minimum stay $ 6,600 USD nightly $ 46,200 USD weekly
- Tax and service charges: Please add 19% tax and 5% service fee to all rates
- Security deposit: $1,000