The beautiful MS Quo Vadis, a refurbished cargo barge, was put into service in April 2006 as a bike and boat vessel and continues to be lovingly maintained by her owners Jan de Waard and Ina Middelburg. The ship exudes a comfortable but stylish ambiance that will put you right at home. The upper deck with restaurant, bar, and terrace will find you relaxing and enjoying newfound camaraderie. Delicious dishes prepared with fresh, organically grown products, whenever possible, will be a highlight. Warm hospitality and unforgettable bike tours, it does not get any better than this!
* 2020 & 2021 PREMIER COLLECTION TOURS aboard the QUO VADIS* --> See available dates here
What a fascinating story! In fact, all the refurbished barges in our bike and boat tour inventory tell a story all their own. The Quo Vadis was originally built in 1939 at the boatyard in Bouwsluis at a length of 50 meters. In the 70's, in the shipyard Voruit in Zaandamit, it was extended to 55 meters and continued its life as a cargo ship, only to be shortened again in 2005, and converted into a passenger vessel. Now, years later, the Quo Vadis, navigates the waterways of Holland, Belgium, and Germany, writing a new history as a bike and boat vessel.
- Capacity: 24 passengers
- Boat size: Length: 45 meter, Width: 6.60 meters, Height: 5.50 meters, Draft: 1.50 meters
- Electricity: 220/230 volt
Decks & Cabin Layout
- Total Cabins: 12 (approx. 9M² / 96 ft²)
- All cabins have private bath (including soap & shampoo), two single beds that can be pushed together
- Two single beds that can be pushed together
- Measurement of space under the bed: 40 cm (16")
- Air conditioning with fixed windows
- Each cabin has a safe for valuables and a hairdryer
- There is a laundry service on board. Just ask for a mesh laundry bag. Supplement is €8 per load (4kg)
Boat Features & Amenities
- Saloon, bar and restaurant area
- Sun deck with umbrellas
- Wifi for light surfing available in the Netherlands and Belgium (however not always guaranteed)
- Guitar and piano right on board - guests are invited to play and sing!
- Payment on board: cash, Maestro, Mastercard, VISA or American Express
- Smoking allowed outside only
Food & Beverages
- Special Diet Requests: Special meals are available for vegetarians and guests with other moderate diet wishes, but only with advanced notification. Depending on these wishes, in some cases a supplement may be charged of € 25,00 p.p./per week (to be paid on board).
- Beverages: A variety of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at the bar. Wine bottles can be marked so you can enjoy your wine over several days. If you purchase wine off the boat and wish to drink it on board, there is a corkage fee of €6 and €1,50 per bottle of beer or soft drink.
- Water: The water on board is excellent drinking quality. Your water bottle can be filled in the bathroom. One free bottle of water is provided per guest. Mineral water (0.5 litres) is available for purchase at the bar.
- Mostly organic food is offered
- VSF Fahrradmanufactur T-50 Shimano Nexus 8-speed trekking bike
- Hydraulic Rim brake (Disc)
- Aluminum Frame with weight of 15.8 kg
- Frame sizes: 45 cm, 50 cm and 55 cm
- Schwalbe greenguard tires
- Gel saddle
- Quick release seat
- Vitality Eco 3 Active 400 WH
- Shimano Nexur 7 speed CB/HS22
- Frame size 45 cm, 50 cm, and 55 cm
- Coaster brake and hand brakes
All bikes equipped with Ortlieb travel classic pannier made of robust waterproof polyester fabric (12.5 liter capacity) and safety lock.
Helmets are available on board.
Due to lack of space on board, it is not possible to bring your own bikes.
Tours sailing on Quo Vadis — 1 to 8 of 8