The MS Fluvius accommodates 44 guests. It has a large salon with lounge, bar, and restaurant area. The 70-meter long ship has a partially covered sundeck with comfortable tables and chairs along with a storage room for the bikes. The ship sails under the Dutch flag and has been sailing in Holland and Germany for many years.
- Capacity: 44 (max)
- Dimensions: Length: 69,9 meters (229 ft); Width: 5,6 meters (18 ft)
- Rebuilt in 2003 from a cargo barge into a passenger cruise barge. Updates added frequently such as remodeled upper deck double cabins in 2018
- Crew: 7
- Electricity: 220V
Decks & Cabin Layout
22 total cabins
- Upper Deck:
- 4 double cabins with 1 double bed (140 x 200 cm) and a large panoramic window that opens (cabin size 12 m²/129 ft²)
- 3 standard twin cabins with 2 separate single beds and a fixed window that cannot be opened. (cabin size 11 m²/118 ft²)
- Lower Deck:
- 14 standard twin cabins with 2 separate single beds and fixed window that cannot be opened. (cabin size 11 m²/118 ft²)
- 1 small twin cabin with 2 separate single beds and fixed window that cannot be opened. (cabin size 10 m²/108 ft²)
- Note: No single bed cabins available, only twin bed cabins for single use on both decks, on request. The first single request will be booked in the smaller twin cabin which is priced accordingly. This is nonnegotiable as the larger twin cabins must be kept open for twin bookings.
- En-suite bathroom with shower, toilet, and sink in all cabins (soap and shampoo provided)
- On prior request, a child's cot can be placed in two of the standard twin bed cabins
- Hairdryer in each cabin
- Air Conditioning unit (individually controlled) and ventilation system
- Flatscreen TV
- No safes in cabins, but doors do lock
Boat Features & Amenities
- Large lounge area with TV, bar, and restaurant area
- Wifi available but limited
- Sun deck with tables and chairs
- No laundry services available onboard
- Currency accepted on board: Cash (Euros) and credit card
- The interior of the ship is a no-smoking zone: smoking is only allowed on the sun deck. As a safety measure, a statutory smoking ban applies in all cabins.
Food & Beverages
- Special Diet Requests: Special dietary needs may be subject to a supplement of €50 depending on request. Vegan diet requests cannot be accommodated.
- Water on board is drinkable
Tours sailing on Fluvius — 1 to 3 of 3
Bicycle rental is included in tour pricing but is optional. Guests are also allowed to bring their own bicycles (discount will apply). However, the crew or tour operators are NOT responsible for any damage, loss or theft of such.
Other bikes (e.g. bikes with back pedal brakes, children’s bikes, “slip streamers”, tandems, etc.) and rear child seats may be possible upon request and are in very limited numbers.
In the Netherlands and Belgium, cyclists are not obligated by law to wear a bike helmet.