Italy Bike Tours
Bike Lake Garda, Italy’s largest lake!
Lake Garda, Italy's largest lake, is almost 32 miles (51 km) in length and about 10.5 miles (17 km) wide. The lake is almost 99 miles (158 km) in circumference. From the lovely beaches dominating the southern shore to the rocky cliffs above the northern shoreline, the landscape is diverse and breathtaking. The climate also is diverse, blending both the Mediterranean and the alpine. The beauty of nature in all her splendor awaits you, this bicycle tour in Italy will prove to be an unforgettable experience
If you need a day of rest, or perhaps are accompanied by someone who is not cycling, there are many things to do. You can visit Gardaland, Italy's largest amusement park, or one of the several water parks in the area, or perhaps you would be interested in a visit to Movieland, a unique show with a variety of entertainment developed by professional stunt men.
If you love history, go to Peschiera del Garda, one of the most picturesque towns on the southern shore of the lake. Its small historic center is inside 16th century walls, or visit Malcesine with its narrow, ancient streets, small harbor, and medieval castle. From there, board the cable car and go to Monte Baldo, known as the Garden of Europe, where you can stroll the botanical gardens, visit the hiking paths, and enjoy the spectacular views.
If you desire the spa environment, indulge yourself in Bardolino's thermal baths and the wellness and beauty center for the ultimate pampering!
Want to see more bike tours in Italy?
Where You’ll Stay
Accommodations at Garda Bike Hotel in room option of your choice:
Easy: Wide room with private balcony on the city side, bathroom with large double shower, safe for laptop, minibar, 32’’ LED tv, Mediaset Premium pay tv with 9 satellite channels, open-air parking place, and free wi-fi
Enjoy: Wide room with private balcony on the garden/pool side, bathroom with large double shower, safe for laptop, minibar, tv LED 32’’ with Mediaset Premium pay tv with 9 satellite channels, parking place in our garage, free wi-fi, access to beverages in the minibar, coffee, tea, and cappuccino at the bar available throughout the day, bathrobes and slippers, kit with kettle for tea and coffee
Jacuzzi Sweet Spa, Jacuzzi Suite Camilla, and Jacuzzi Suite Vittoria: Exclusive suits that all boast a marvelous view of the lake from ample private terraces. These suites are true private spas with cutting-edge wellness areas (like the new shiatsu water massage installed in the jacuzzi wet room, or the Jacuzzi indoor mini-pool for two).
- Bici Love - All Inclusive Package
- Extensive breakfast buffet
- Unlimited water with energy drinks, bananas, and sandwiches for the tours
- Afternoon buffet after ride until 5 PM
- Dinner in our restaurant
- Water with meals
- Shuttle bus service from and to Verona “Valerio Catullo” airport (available from 8 am to 8 pm)
- Bike room video-monitored for 50 bikes, with alarm and equipped workshop and washing area
- Daily tours with our guides 7 days a week (from Monday to Sunday included)
- Tours with various difficulty and intensity levels
- Our professional guides who will accompany you during the excursions
- Mini-bus for mechanical assistance available for the most demanding itineraries
- Daily laundry service for your bike clothing
- Laundry net
- Possibility to ride on your last day: shower facilities and bag storage available
- Immediate assistance and bicycle recovery service in the event of accidents
- Gift: Garda Bike Hotel Musette with n° 2 ELITE water bottles “LOLI” 600ml by Garda bike Hotel and another "special gift" from Alberto and Nicola
- Pictures: We will provide a selection of all the best pictures taken on your daily ride
- Mechanic is available to help you (on specific days)
What’s Not Included
- Massage Area with masseur and physiotherapist (at an extra cost)
- Bike rental: see options in pricing section
Extra days and nights possible.
All year round.
This Lake Garda bike tour has a difficulty of various ranges from easy to difficult. Distances range from 40 to 100 miles. Terrain ranges from quite flat to several difficult climbs.
Cyclists have many options as they design the length of their rides and which tour to undertake. Among the bike tours around Lake Garda available, here are some examples:
1. ANCIENT VERONA & VALPOLICELLA Medium 67 mi. (109 km)
This is a hilly area, offering shorter climbs averaging 5-6% grade. We’ll show you the most famous area for growing grapes, famous since the ancient Roman days and in particular for Amarone wine, recognized worldwide. We’ll take you to discover magnificent hills, characterized by artificial terraces made of stone, where the characteristic vines of the area are grown
2. Monte Baldo, Difficulty level: Difficult, 81 mi. (131 km)
Demanding ascent of Monte Baldo, along the old military road from the first world war – “strada Graziani.” The forests you go through are rich in rare plant life and animal species’. The descent which takes you back to the plain of Caprino is very fast and technical.
3. Colline Moreniche, Difficulty level: Easy/Medium, 48 miles (80 km)
A pleasant ride south of the lake through farmland, gentle rolling hills and hilltop villages capped with medieval castles. Ride along the sparkling blue water of the Mincio River, through Solferino, with a stop in Mantova to see the Gonzaga family’s Italian garden. Then on to Borghetto, an Unesco World Heritage site and quaint, picturesque village where we’ll have great photo opportunities as well as coffee and gelato! The gentle landscape continues as you return to Garda Bike Hotel in Peschiera.
4. Parco Regionale della Lessinia: Difficult, 82 miles (133 km)
We take you to the plateau of Lessini, over 10,000 hectares ( 25,000 acres) containing a surprising variety of natural species, as well as historical and archaeological sites of inestimable value.
5. SALÒ & VALTENESI: THE WEST OF THE GARDA Easy, 35 miles (58 km)
Savor the full charm of Lake Garda, with the typical beauty of the lake landscape, to push us into the rolling hills of Lombardy. A land of vineyards and olive groves interspersed with dirt roads and trails, which attracts tourists from every corner of the planet!
Sample of a touring day:
- 8:00 AM bike fitting and breakfast
- 9:00 AM departure (be prompt)
- Coffee Break before the start of the 4 climbs
- Meeting point at the top of each climb to regroup, and prepare for the descent.
- Ride into Verona, and start with a short climb to a fortress overlooking the city
- Ride through the cobbled streets, and view the famous piazza’s, churches and statues in the city
- Photo Opportunities in front of the Arena, and gelato stop in the famous Piazza Bra
- Ride along the Adige River
- Verona to Peschiera: Fun race of 35 km. First to arrive buys the beer for the group!