Mare fan Fryslân
Standard Class Sailing Ship
The Mare fan Fryslân was built in 1960 as a freight ship and was then completely renovated in 2006 to be used as a beautiful, extravagant, three-masted schooner. On the lower deck, there is an air-conditioned saloon also used as a restaurant. Next to the saloon is the wheelhouse fitted with a bar, music, video equipment, and TV. This room features a large, panoramic window which offers a breathtaking view over the water. On the lower deck, there are 12 comfortable cabins (floor area of about 10 m2, 2 floor-level single beds 90 x 200 cm), 1 junior suite with a small corner sitting area, and a flat-screen TV (about 12 m2) as well as a 1-bed cabin with bunk beds (floor area of about 7 m2).
The Mare Fan Fryslan was built in 1960 as a freight ship and was then completely renovated in 2006 to be used as a beautiful, extravagant, three-masted schooner.
On the lower deck there is an air conditioned saloon also used as a restaurant. Next to the saloon is the wheelhouse fitted with bar, music, video equipment and TV. This room offers large, panoramic window which offers a breathtaking view over the water.
The wooden upper deck offers adequate seating, an outdoors bar with a draught beer tap and a grill, and even a Jacuzzi. The sail can be operated either by hand or electrically. In the harbors there is a Wifi/WLAN connection (free of charge) available throughout the whole ship.
- Passengers: 27 – 40 (max.)
- Length: 54 m (180 ft.)
- Width: 7,2 m (24 ft.)
- Sail surface: 650 m²
- Crew: 4
- Electricity: 220V
Decks & Cabin Layout
- Cabins: 14
- 12 twin cabins (floor area of about 10 m2) with two single beds (90 x 200 cm) that can be pushed together
- 1 junior suite (about 12 sq. m) with two single beds that can be set together and a small sitting area with flat screen TV
- 1 single cabin with bunk beds (7 sq. m)
- En-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and basin in all cabins (soap and shampoo included)
- Ventilation, central heating and portholes can be opened, no air conditioning
- Mini safe and hairdryer
- In all the 2-bed cabins and the junior suite is it also possible to arrange to have 3 beds – a Pullman bed/fold-down bed.
Boat Features & Amenities
- Jacuzzi and sundeck
- Cozy lounge and restaurant area
- No laundry services on board
- Currency accepted on board: Cash only
- Wifi available
Food & Beverages
- Special Diet Requests: We cater to Gluten, lactose, and vegetarian diets. Vegan diets are not possible. Vegetarian diets have no surcharge, other diets cost € 50- to be paid on board.
- Water on board is drinkable
Tours sailing on Mare fan Fryslân — 1 to 2 of 2
Other bikes (e.g. bikes with back pedal brakes, children’s bikes, “slip streamers”, tandems, etc.) and rear child seats may be possible upon request and are in very limited numbers.