Standard Class Boat for Bike Tours
The classic MS Gandalf is a comfort class passenger ship that can accommodate 20-22 guests. Almost everything on this barge is on one level, including the comfortable salon which has scenic panoramic windows. An interesting fact for those of you who prefer going green, the MS Gandalf is equipped with solar panels which provide most of the electricity needed on board.
- Capacity: 20
- Crew: 4
- Length x Width: 45 m x 6.2 m
Decks & Cabin Layout
- 8 double cabins that are equipped with twin beds (twin bed size 80cm x 200cm)
- 2 cabins that can be made into a triple with a bunk bed
- There is one twin cabin for single use per departure
- All cabins come with private bathroom facilities, bed linens, towels, and central heating
- Cabin size (10 m² – 108 sq.ft.)
- No air conditioning on board however, each cabin does have a fan, and the windows can be opened
- All cabins have 220/230 Volt European Standard electric sockets
- There are a few hairdyers on board that can be borrowed from reception
- There are no safes in the individual cabins. However, the skipper has a safe if you would like anything kept there
Boat Features and Amenities
- Large and cozy lounge with bar and dining area
- Large deck, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the great views
- Wifi available on board
Food & Beverages
- Special Diet Requests: Special dietary needs may be subject to a supplement of €50 depending on request.
- Brand ‘Alba’ or equivalent
- Unisex (step through) frame
- 7-speeds gear
- Hand brake
- Pannier bag
- Smaller frame bikes are Target touring bikes These bikes come in three frame sizes.
- Brand Monaco from Batavus or similar
- 7 gears
- 3 support levels
- Hand brakes
- Limited availability
Bicycle rental is optional but is included in tour price. Due to the very limited space on deck, guests can bring their own bikes (max. 6) and only with prior approval. A discount will then apply. However, the crew or tour operators are NOT responsible for any damage, loss or theft of such.
Please note, helmets are not required nor provided aboard the Gandalf. We encourage you to bring your helmet.
tours on Gandalf
Amsterdam to Bruges - 11 days Netherlands, Belgium 2019 Quo Vadis Amsterdam to Bruges: Saturday, May … This bike and boat tour in Holland and Belgium is a unique 11-day experience. It provides more time to enjoy this classic route. Think of Holland, and …
Amsterdam to Bruges Netherlands, Belgium 2019 Deluxe Class Boats Magnifique Saturdays, … From Holland's intriguing capital to Belgium's artistic gem, this bike and boat tour follows meandering rivers and canals from Amsterdam to Bruges. The Golden …
Bruges to Amsterdam Belgium, Netherlands 2019 Deluxe Class Boats Magnifique Saturdays,July … A bike and barge tour beginning in Bruges and ending in Amsterdam showcases the best of both Belgium and Holland. The motto in Bruges is ‘feel the past under …
Brussels to Bruges Bike and Boat Tour Belgium Magnifique Brussels to Bruges: June 29, 2019 … Bike and Barge in Belgium, in the heart of Europe! With three official languages (Flemish, French and German), Belgium is a culturally diverse country with a …