The classic MS Gandalf is a comfort class passenger ship that can accommodate 20 guests. Almost everything on this barge is on one level, including the comfortable salon which has scenic panoramic windows.
The classic MS Gandalf is a comfort class passenger ship that can accommodate 20-22 guests. Almost everything on this barge is on one level, including the comfortable salon which has scenic panoramic windows. An interesting fact for those of you who prefer going green, the MS Gandalf is equipped with solar panels which provide most of the electricity needed on board.
- Capacity: 20
- Crew: 4
- Length x Width: 45 m x 6.2 m
Decks & Cabin Layout
- 8 double cabins that are equipped with twin beds (twin bed size 80cm x 200cm)
- 2 cabins that can be made into a triple with a bunk bed
- There is one twin cabin for single use per departure
- All cabins come with private bathroom facilities (shampoo provided), bed linens, towels, and central heating
- Cabin size (10 m² – 108 sq.ft.)
- No air conditioning on board however, each cabin does have a fan, and the windows can be opened
- All cabins have 220/230 Volt European Standard electric sockets
- There are a few hairdyers on board that can be borrowed from reception
- There are no safes in the individual cabins. However, the skipper has a safe if you would like anything kept there
Boat Features and Amenities
- Large and cozy lounge with bar and dining area
- Large deck, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the great views
- No laundry services on board
- Wifi available on board
- Currency accepted on board: Cash (Euros) ONLY
Food & Beverages
- Special Diet Requests: Special dietary needs may be subject to a supplement of €50 depending on request.
- Brand ‘Alba’ or equivalent
- Unisex (step through) frame
- 7-speeds gear
- Hand brake
- Pannier bag
- Smaller frame bikes are Target touring bikes These bikes come in three frame sizes.
- Brand Monaco from Batavus or similar
- 7 gears
- 3 support levels
- Hand brakes
- Limited availability
Bicycle rental is optional but is included in tour price. Due to the very limited space on deck, guests can bring their own bikes (max. 6) and only with prior approval. A discount will then apply. However, the crew or tour operators are NOT responsible for any damage, loss or theft of such.
Tours sailing on Gandalf — 1 to 3 of 3
Other bikes (e.g. bikes with back pedal brakes, children’s bikes, “slip streamers”, tandems, etc.) and rear child seats may be possible upon request and are in very limited numbers.