"The Divine Miss M" as we lovingly call the Merlijn is a diva, for sure. What can we say? Is it the luxurious cabins with the most comfortable beds you have ever slept in? Is it the lovely dining area with the large windows and skylight that let the air, light, and sun pour in? Or perhaps it is the sun deck, where you can relax with newfound friends, sharing good wine and good conversation. We think you will find it is the entire divine package! Step on board and discover for yourself!
Pronounced “Mer-line," this deluxe vessel has 12 luxurious cabins with two comfortable airbeds that can be pushed together or separated, a desk, a wardrobe closet, a hairdryer, and a safe. The lounge is comfortably furnished in a modern style with a restaurant area and lounge near the bar. You can enjoy fresh air, water, and nature in all weather on the sun deck. The entire ship is climate controlled and you can adjust the temperature in your own cabin.
You can treat yourself to an aperitif or a drink in our bar. The cuisine onboard is a delight, prepared in a galley equipped with modern appliances. The chef not only provides you with breakfast but will also prepare a packed lunch for you to take on your day's cycling route (or to enjoy on board if you choose not to cycle).
View 2023 & 2024 PREMIER COLLECTION TOURS aboard the MERLIJN
- Capacity: 24 passengers
- Dimensions: 50 x 6.8 meters, draught- 1.40 m
- Electricity: 220 volt
Decks & Cabin Layout
- Cabins: 12 guest cabins
- Cabins measure 11 m²
- Cabins have two comfortable airbeds beds (80 x 200 cm) that can be pushed together or separated. Mattresses are of the highest quality featuring adjustable firmness control.
- Cabins have slightly higher beds that can accommodate standard-sized luggage underneath
- Cabins have round portholes (don't open). They can be covered at night for complete darkness.
- Shower and toilet in all cabins
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Individual climate control
- Supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, soap, sewing kit, vanity kit, bathrobe, and slippers
- Desk, a wardrobe closet, a hairdryer, and a safe in each cabin
- Laundry service available. Price on board.
Boat Features & Amenities
- 40 m² sundeck
- Bar, lounge and dining area
- Lounge covering 90 m²
- Climate controlled
- Wifi throughout the entire ship
- Payment on board: cash, debit cards, credit cards (no American Express)
- Smoking only allowed in a designated area
Food & Beverages
- Unlimited coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and water during the cruise
- Special Diet Requests: The boat is able to accommodate vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free at no extra charge. Vegan diets can also be accommodated, a €50 per person per week surcharge will be applied. Diets need to be requested with your booking.
- Water: Water on board is drinkable. Unlimited cooled tap water provided. Bottled water available to purchase at the bar.
- Alcohol: The bar is well stocked with a variety of wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks; the bartender can also prepare a wide selection of cocktails. There will be a selection of local wines from most area's the barge sails. Additionally you will find draft beer from Warsteiner and several bottled dark & white beers. A wide range of spirits is served in the bar; Oban whiskey, Bombay gin, Jim Beam bourbon and much more. If you wish to bring your own alcoholic drinks on board, the bartender will be happy to store it and serve in the lounge or terrace on request (a small corkage fee will be charged for bringing your own drinks on board).
*Note: The Merlijn is always in high demand and tours sell out quickly. Please ask us for availability!
April 1 - Tulip Tour 7-Day
April 8 - Tulip Tour 7-Day
April 15 - Tulip Tour 7-Day
April 22 - Tulip Tour - Amsterdam to Bruges 11-Day
May 3 - Tulip Tour - Bruges to Amsterdam 11-Day
May 27 - Bremen to Wolfsburg
June 3 - Wolfsburg to Berlin
June 10 - Berlin to Malchin
June 17 - Malchin to Berlin
June 24 - Berlin to Wolfsburg
July 8 - Cologne to Saarburg
July 15 - Saarburg to Mainz
July 22 - Mainz to Wurzburg
July 29 - Wurzburg to Numberg
August 5 - Nurmberg to Passau
August 12 - Along the Danube - Passau to Vienna
August 19 - Along the Danube - Vienna to Passau
August 26 - Along the Danube - Passau to Vienna
September 9 - Along the Danube - Vienna to Passau
September 16 - Passau to Numberg
September 23 - Nurnberg to Wurzburg
September 30 - Wurzburg to Mainz
October 7 - Mainz to Merzig
*Note: The Merlijn is always in high demand and tours sell out quickly. Please ask us for availability! If a date does not appear on the tour page, it has been privately chartered.
March 31 - Tulip Tour 7-Day
April 7 - Tulip Tour 7-Day
April 14 - Tulip Tour 7-Day
April 21 - Tulip Tour 7-Day
April 28 - Tulip Tour 7-Day
May 4 - Authentic Holland
May 11 - North Holland
May 25 - Authentic Holland
June 2 - Amsterdam to Bruges 11-Day
June 12 - Bruges to Amsterdam 11-Day
June 22 - Amsterdam to Bremen
June 29 - Bremen to Wolfsburg
July 6 - Wolfsburg to Berlin
July 20 - Berlin to Malchin
July 27 - Malchin to Berlin
August 3 - Berlin to Malchin
August 10 - Malchin to Berlin
August 17 - Berlin to Wolfsburg
September 1 - Cologne to Saarburg
September 9 - Saarburg to Mainz
September 18 - Mainz to Ludwigsburg
September 26 - Ludwigsburg to Mainz
October 3 - Mainz to Merzig
October 12 - Merzig to Nancy
October 20 - Nancy to Koblenz
Tours sailing on Merlijn — 1 to 18 of 18
The Merlijn prides itself on the top quality bikes offered. Although only your own helmet provides the best fit, bicycle helmets are available to borrow on board for the week. These are good, universal size Gyro helmets.
Sensa Superlite (or similar brand/model)
- Unisex model
- Lightweight aluminum frame (available in 4 different sizes)
- 27 speeds
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes
- Sportourer FLX saddle
- Pannier bag
- Helmet rental included & available onboard
- Fixed lock
- Water bottle
Bicycle rental is included in tour pricing. In the Netherlands and Belgium, cyclists are not obligated by law to wear a bike helmet. If you would like to borrow a helmet, please request at time of booking.
The Merlijn has unisex e-bikes available to rent. You may reserve them in advance. The cost is €30 per day, payable on board, advanced reservation is required. Visa and MasterCard accepted for payment.
- Gudereit Brand
- 7 gears
- Bosch engine
- Pannier bag
- Helmet rental included and available onboard
- Water bottle
*NOTE: E-bikes feature a small electrical engine and battery that assist and ease your pedaling but you still have to pedal yourself. While riding an e-bike can greatly contribute to the enjoyment of your trip, it is not intended for untrained cyclists as it is not easy to handle such a bike. The engine and battery make the bike much heavier than a regular bike and it also accelerates faster. Handling it well requires good basic cycling skills and confidence.