"The Divine Miss M" as we lovingly call the Merlijn is a diva, for sure. What can we say? Is it the luxurious cabins with most comfortable beds you have ever slept in? Is it the lovely dining area with the large windows and skylight that let the air, light, and sun pour in? Or perhaps it is the sun deck, where you can relax with newfound friends, sharing good wine and good conversation. We think you will find it is the entire divine package! Step onboard and discover for yourself!
* 2020 & 2021 PREMIER COLLECTION TOURS aboard the MERLIJN* --> See available dates here
Pronounced “Mer-line," this deluxe vessel has 11 luxurious cabins (in 2021, there will be an additional cabin) with two comfortable airbeds that can be pushed together or separated, a desk, a wardrobe closet, a hairdryer, and a safe. The lounge is comfortably furnished in a modern style with a restaurant area and lounge near the bar. You can enjoy fresh air, water, and nature in all weather on the sun deck. The entire ship is climate controlled and you can adjust the temperature in your own cabin.
You can treat yourself to an aperitif or a drink in our bar. The cuisine onboard is a delight, prepared in a galley equipped with modern appliances. The chef not only provides you with breakfast but will also prepare a packed lunch for you if you wish to go cycling or canoeing. A lunch is also served on board and the evening meal is sumptuous. You can be assured that all of your dietary needs will be met.
- Capacity: 22 passengers (in 2021 there will be an additional cabin = 24 passengers)
- Dimensions: 50 x 6.8 meters, draught- 1.40 m
- Electricity: 220 volt
Decks & Cabin Layout
- Cabins: 11 (2021: 12 guest cabins)
- Cabins measure 11 m²
- Cabins have two comfortable airbeds (90 x 200 cm) that can be pushed together or separated
- Cabins have round portholes (don't open). They can be covered at night for complete darkness.
- Shower and toilet in all cabins
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Individual climate control
- Supply of bedding, towels, facial tissues, 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, and soap
- Desk, a wardrobe closet, a hairdryer, and a safe in each cabin
- Laundry service available for €6.50 per kilo
Boat Features & Amenities
- 40 m² sundeck
- Bar, lounge and dining area
- Lounge covering 90 m²
- Room service is available
- Climate controlled
- Payment on board: cash, debit cards, credit cards (no American Express)
- Smoking only allowed in a designated area
†Important to note, due to steel construction of the ship, cruising locations, and other factors, Wifi signal speed, and strength may not be what you are accustomed to and may not meet your expectations. If you are dependent on a constant, strong, fast, and reliable signal at all times, please consider a personal hot spot. See our FAQ page.
Food & Beverages
- Unlimited coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and water during the cruise
- Special Diet Requests: The boat is able to accommodate vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free at no extra charge. Vegan diets can also be accommodated, a €50 per person per week surcharge will be applied. Diets need to be requested with your booking.
- Water: Water on board is drinkable. Unlimited cooled tap water provided. Bottled water available to purchase at the bar.
- Very light aluminum frame (13 kilo’s only)
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- Carbon front fork
- Shimano 27 gears
There is outdoor sports equipment available on board, which includes:
- Electric bikes
- Touring bikes - with helmets and very good gel seat covers available
- Whisper boats
The Merlijn prides itself on the top quality bikes offered. See photo below. Although only your own helmet provides the best fit, bicycle helmets are available to borrow on board for the week. These are high quality Gyro helmets, universal size.
The Merlijn has e-bikes available to rent. You may reserve them in advance. The cost is €30 per day, payable on board. The Merlijn accepts Visa and MasterCard for payment.
Tours sailing on Merlijn — 1 to 17 of 17