Comfort Class Boat
After a complete refurbishing completed in 2019, this small, classic wooden vessel, a former navy vessel, has entered service again, wearing its history proudly. All those who have been lucky enough to spend time on HMS Gåssten are always in awe by the levels of craftsmanship that make her what she is today. She graces the Norwegian Fjords providing unique accommodations for active adventurers seeking to book the entire boat for family, friends, or group holiday. The finished ship is the epitome of comfort, pared-back style, and "Hygge". She retains many of her original features including the beautiful exposed oak roof beams, and original flooring.
During the winter of 2018/19 HMS Gåssten, was moved from her home in Norway to Oban on the West Coast of Scotland for a complete refit at the boatyard, Alutec Marine, with a reputation for exquisite craftsmanship. The result was the design and creation of 5 unique cabins with private bathrooms. There was also the addition of the oaked saloon, a unique space for dining and relaxing with panoramic views of the pristine landscape.
Today this little beauty sails the deep pure waters of the Norwegian Fjords, providing distinctive accommodations for those interested in an exclusive and tailor-made active vacation. The possibilities are as unique as you and your guests. E-biking, hiking, stand-up paddleboarding, fishing, mountain biking, & sea-kayaking are all some of the activities available to you.
The HMS Gåssten is able to enter fjords from which larger cruise ships are banned. You will also have easy access to some of the most remote mountains and fjords in Norway, featuring spectacular landscapes, with your own private vessel.
Let us help you design your perfect chartered getaway.
- Capacity: 10 passengers
- Length of boat: 24 m
- Built in 1973 as a Swedish minesweeper and refitted into an expedition vessel in 2018/2019
- Cabins: 2 x Double Cabins, 2 x Twin Cabins (bunks), & 1 x Double/Twin Cabin
- Cabins are small but very comfortable, retaining some of the original naval features, such as the exposed oak beams and wooden paneling
- Private bathrooms
- Individually controlled heating
- Daily cabin cleaning, fresh towels at mid-week
Boat Features & Amenities
- On the foredeck, a new oak saloon has replaced the original mine-lifting crane, an serves as the social hub of the ship as well as the main dining area
- Vviewing deck
- Gun turret on the bow deck has been removed to create swimming and fishing platform
Tours sailing on Gåssten — 1 to 1 of 1