Comfort Class Boat
Aboard the ZWAAN (Swan) you can experience a bit of Dutch maritime history. The vessel (type “luxe motor”) was built in 1928 as a cargo barge and is 34 meters (112 ft.) in length. For many decades it served its purpose well by transporting all kinds of loads in Belgium and the Netherlands. In 1998, the barge was converted and completely modernized into a comfortable passenger barge. The seven passenger cabins are now equipped with two beds each, allowing 14 passengers ample space. Four of the cabins have additional space either in the form of a bunk bed or another twin (low) bed.
- Capacity: 12/16 passengers
- Length x Width: 34 x 6.1 meters
- 7 cabins total
- 2 "family style" cabins with one double bed plus one single.
- 2 "friend style" cabins with 3 single beds, one of which is a bunk bed
- 2 "twin style" cabins with two separate beds
- 1 "couples" cabin with small double bed
- Bed sizes: Double beds: 150x210cm (4’11’’x 6’10’’)
- Single beds: 83cmx210cm (2’8½’’ x 6’10’’)
- Small double bed in cabin front of barge (couples cabin): 130cmx 200cm (4’3’’ x 6’6½’’)
- Private bathroom with shower in all cabins
- WiFi available (only in the Netherlands)
- Hairdryers available
- 220 V electricity
Cabins do not have air conditioning. The windows in the cabins are portholes with a diameter of 30cm that can be opened.
Special dietary needs may be subject to a supplement of €50 depending on request.
tours on Zwaan
Bruges to Amsterdam Belgium, Netherlands +2017 Dates:On the Comfort plus class boats:Fleur: … A bike and barge tour beginning in Bruges and ending in Amsterdam showcases the best of both Belgium and Holland. The motto in Bruges is ‘feel the past under …