Once a cargo boat, the Zwaan (Swan) was completely renovated and converted into a comfortable passenger barge. On board you will find seven comfortable cabins allowing a total capacity of 16 passengers.
Aboard the ZWAAN (Swan) you can experience a bit of Dutch maritime history.
The vessel (type “luxe motor”) was built in 1928 as a cargo barge and is 34 meters (112 ft.) in length. For many decades it served its purpose well by transporting all kinds of loads in Belgium and the Netherlands. In 1998, the barge was converted and completely modernized into a comfortable passenger barge.
- Capacity: 12/16 passengers
- Length x Width: 34 x 6.1 meters
- 220 V electricity
Decks & Cabin Layout
- 7 cabins total (8-10M²)
- 2x Luxury double cabin (with separate seating)
- 1x Twin cabin (beds can be placed together; small desk between the beds)
- 2x Twin cabin (beds fixed to the floor; small desk between the beds)
- 1x Triple cabin (bunk bed+single bed, beds fixed to the floor; can be booked as twin)
- 1x Front double cabin, smaller cabin in the front of the barge (small double bed; can also be booked as single use); accessible with steep stairs; entrance on deck)
- Portholes in each cabin with a diameter of 30cm that can be opened.
- Bed sizes:
- Double beds: 150x210cm (4’11’’x 6’10’’)
- Single beds: 83cmx210cm (2’8½’’ x 6’10’’)
- Small double bed in cabin front of barge (couples cabin): 130cmx 200cm (4’3’’ x 6’6½’’)
Four of the cabins have additional space either in the form of a bunk bed or another twin (low) bed.
Private bathroom with shower in all cabins (soap is provided)
- Hairdryers available
- No safes in cabins
- Recommended 1 suitcase per person. You can slide the suitcase under the bed.
- Air conditioning in all cabins
Boat Features & Amenities
- Dining area and sun deck
- WiFi available (only in the Netherlands)
- No laundry services on board
- Payments accepted on board: Cash ONLY
Food & Beverages
- Special Diet Requests: Special dietary needs may be subject to a supplement of €50 depending on request.
- Water on board is drinkable.
- 24-speed city touring bicycle (Batavus Boulevard) including helmet, pannier bags, lock, repair kit, and water bottle
- 24-speed electric touring bicycle (Batavus) with a detachable lithium-ion battery, including helmet, pannier bags, lock, repair kit, and water bottle*
*Intended for those who accustomed to cycling and need extra assistance. Not intended for noncyclists. Riding an electric bike requires all the same skill set as riding a regular bike including good balance, ability to stop quickly and start from standstill. Please be aware that e-bikes are heavier than regular bikes.
Tours sailing on Zwaan — 1 to 9 of 9